Thread: home made soya milk

Default home made soya milk

Hi, i wonder if anyone can tell me about home made soya milk, i bought a soyquick machine and the milk was great, now for some reason the milk isn't lasting for very long. It seems to curdle on day two where as before it never curdled. I was having it in tea and cuppacino never any problems. I am using the same beans and they are in date, is it possible the weather could be affecting it? any advice would be welcome thanks

*live*&*let*live

Default Re: home made soya milk

Sorry never made my own milk but there are loads that do. If you search in the 'search' bar you will be sure to stumble across something. It may be the weather but if it's in the fridge I can't see what the problem is.

Welcome to the forum btw! See you around

Thank you, i will try searching, i did have a look but i guess there is a lot to look through. Thanks again live and let live

I'm having the same problem at the moment with the same machine. I put it down to the weather which is quite a better hotter than this time last year. I'm relying on shop bought soya milk at the moment which sort of defeats the object
    Women are like teabags. We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!

i have made another batch today, and i am keeping it right at the back of the fridge. I read somewhere that you need to keep your fridge on a number four when keeping home made soya milk in it , but when i turn mine up to that a lot of my food freezes. fingers crossed keeping it at the back will work, if not i will also have to revert back to shop bought. But i can always just make tofu for now.

*live*&*let*live

Good Luck with your milk. It seems funny that another person is having the same problem with the same branded machine. Maybe it's a fault? If you haven't had any joy searching on the forum why not give them a ring or if they have a website see if they have any FAQ's.

I've had this problem recently. I make mine in a saucepan though and not with a machine. Mine lasts four days any longer and it goes off. I just put the fridge on a colder setting and now make slightly less so it is used up within the four days.

If anyone wants a working soya milk machine and will pay for the postage let me know and I can send mine on. I don't use it anymore as I find it easier in a pan.
    Boom, boom

You serious about the soy milk maker?

Id be really interested if no one else needs it more
    Last edited by Ms_Derious; Jul 27th, 2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Realised tone made me sound 'grabby' ! :-S
    Quitting something because it's hard is wrong, and quitting something because it's wrong is hard. One takes cowardice, the other bravery.

Yes I was serious. It's the older non digital model where you have to soak the beans overnight before you put them in.

The digital one is awful anyway. The electronics are so cheap I'm surprised they work at all. Mine packed in very quickly.
    Boom, boom