Thread: what non-raw foods do you miss the most?

Default what non-raw foods do you miss the most?

Hi guys, I am pretty new here but have read lots of posts in this forum.

I am striving to eat all raw.. although truthfully I must admit I am struggling with a few things. I am probably 90% raw vegan at this stage.

Things I am struggling leaving behind
    1-my organic coffee with soy milk.
    2- pop corn (me wonders if I can put the seeds in my dehydrator.. anyone try this?... I know it wouldnt pop up nice and fluffy like other popcorn.. but it might work to some degree?.. or perhaps the seeds are already not raw?)
    3- and beer

So I am curious, my like minded friends. What things do you struggle with leaving behind?

Is anyone in this forum 100% raw?? I would love to know.

Default Re: what non-raw foods do you miss the most?

Hi LunaC

I read the words of one raw food writer who said being 100% raw is very challenging, and too much for most people; I think 90% is a good compromise, you're eating extremely healthily, yet you don't need to beat yourself up if you eat something cooked. I was about 90% raw at one point, but it didn't last long I'm dying to go raw again though

The most difficult things for me were bread and biscuits - baked stuff. I don't eat much/many of either, but when I get a craving for them nothing else will really do.

I think the biggest problem for me was what I perceived as the huge shift in mindset needed to adopt a raw diet.

Default Re: what non-raw foods do you miss the most?

I'm on mostly raw, high-fruit, with plenty of greens, but I the main thing keeping me from 100% is pita breads & bagels. Now if I could just find a new Marmite delivery system, I'd be most of the way there! (Don't want to give it up completely, 'cos of the B12.)

Funnily enough though, I don't miss coffee. I was sure I would since I was a huge fan of espresso & Turkish coffee, but my body really doesn't want me going anywhere near caffeine these days. I do miss coffee breaks & the ceremony of brewing up a pot though, so I'm drinking the occasional Moroccan mint tea, made with green rooibos tea, these days.