Thread: CO Division of Wildlife

Default CO Division of Wildlife

I was thinking of doing some volunteer work for the division of wildlife trail repair surveys, etc. What is the general vegan feeling toward the division of wildlife? Obviously they do give out hunting licenses and the like, but they also do much to protect the wildlife. I am pretty much the only vegan (and veggie) i know. So if this is a stupid question i apologize but i really have no group of people to discuss these kinds of things with.

Thanks,

nadazip

Default Re: CO Division of Wildlife

That is certainly not a stupid question. I myself work for a federal agency that has many policies that I disagree with. I'm sure the Colorado Division of Wildlife does some things that you may disgaree with ethically but don't let that be a reason not to do something good for your state and land that you care for. I have found that it is hard to get an outdoor job and do the work I enjoy without working for or with government agencies. And often those agencies do not share my views on land and resource management.
    All that said, it is your choice if you want to work with said agency.
    It is quite interesting being an environmentalist and a vegan doing work which only seems to mess up the environment and sometime support industries that exploit and sometimes destroy the lanscape that is so dear to me.
    pro-vegetable

Default Re: CO Division of Wildlife

CDOW may control the hunting/fishing lisences, but thier main objective is the wildlife. Like PP said every organization out there is going have different views than yours. Since you will be volunteering on trail repair I would do it. It's not like you decided to help the CDOW thin a heard of deer out. What a better way to spend a Colorado summer? If you are asked to do something that does not go with your views you can always tell them no.
    Cows milk for baby cows, Human milk for baby humans.