Thread: Red Rocks!

Default Red Rocks!

Any Phish fans on the forum??? Red Rocks CO in 2 days!! also there's the Halloween fest in Indio CA where coachella is hosted. I decided against Camp Bisco this year but am thinking about doing Caribbean Holidaze in Jamaica. Theres just so many good music festivals, Are any of you attending????

Also, side note, I'll be in denver for a couple days, any reccomandations?
    -zee

Default Re: Red Rocks!

Watercourse Foods 837 E. 17th Ave. Denver, CO 80218 (303-832-7313). I have never been there (too far away), but have been trying to find an excuse to go into Denver to try it. I have heard some really great things about them. Menu is vegetarian, but vegan friendly.

Pei Wei Near Colorado Mills mall close to Golden, CO. Quick. Easy menu to understand, omni, but you can get tofu and veggies instead of meat.

Ali Baba in Golden (near highway 46 and 93, at the very foot of the hills), has the absolute best hummus! Yummmmm.

Smiling Moose cafe (not sure of the name?) main street Golden has vegan options and even vegan baked goods (if I don't buy them all up first).

Saturdays there is a farmers market in Golden.

Further away from Denver is the Wild Animal Sactuary (way cool), Lions and tigers and bears, oh my. http://www.wildanimalsanctuary.org/i...s/Page1934.htm
    It's near Ft. Lupton, so it is about an hour (maybe less) from Denver.

If you decide to travel to one of the gambling cities to gamble, go to Central City. There is more history there, cute little stores and a couple museums, tours you could go on.

Red Rocks is the most beautiful place ever for a concert or a movie, I am jealous. Gotta check out the other concerts/summer movies that are playing at Red Rocks.
    Cows milk for baby cows, Human milk for baby humans.

wow, you are blissful!! thank you so much! I really appreciate your suggestions. I'm still debating the car situation, can't decide if we should rent or not. it's my first time at red rocks, i'm SOOO excited!!!
    -zee

Quote imblissful View Post
    Watercourse Foods 837 E. 17th Ave. Denver, CO 80218 (303-832-7313). I have never been there (too far away), but have been trying to find an excuse to go into Denver to try it. I have heard some really great things about them. Menu is vegetarian, but vegan friendly.

Pei Wei Near Colorado Mills mall close to Golden, CO. Quick. Easy menu to understand, omni, but you can get tofu and veggies instead of meat.

Ali Baba in Golden (near highway 46 and 93, at the very foot of the hills), has the absolute best hummus! Yummmmm.

Smiling Moose cafe (not sure of the name?) main street Golden has vegan options and even vegan baked goods (if I don't buy them all up first).

Saturdays there is a farmers market in Golden.

Further away from Denver is the Wild Animal Sactuary (way cool), Lions and tigers and bears, oh my. http://www.wildanimalsanctuary.org/i...s/Page1934.htm
    It's near Ft. Lupton, so it is about an hour (maybe less) from Denver.

If you decide to travel to one of the gambling cities to gamble, go to Central City. There is more history there, cute little stores and a couple museums, tours you could go on.

Red Rocks is the most beautiful place ever for a concert or a movie, I am jealous. Gotta check out the other concerts/summer movies that are playing at Red Rocks.
    Watercourse is really yummy...I went there last summer while visiting Colorado. I think I had a vegan french dip (made with seitan) with mashed potatoes.
    I have eaten at Pei Wei in other parts of the country and its pretty good. Especially the Thai Dynamite.

Also, Red Rocks is awesome. I saw Beck there a few years ago and thought it was an amazing place to see a concert.
    tabbouleh-bouleh

You probably don't need to rent a car if you are staying in Denver, there is lots of public transportation in the city. Although, if you are traveling to Red Rocks one day, it may make it easier to just rent a vehicle. Red Rocks is about 30 minutes, or less, away from Denver. I know there is buses that stop near Red Rocks (the RTD).

Red Rocks is really close to Dinosaur Ridge. It is such a unique place. I have walked it, so it is not a long walk. There is dino tracks on the mountainside and even a dino egg to check out. Places you can sit down and enjoy the views. There is a visitor center on the east side of the ridge.

Heritage square is near Red Rocks. It is pretty cheap. Alpine slide, kiddy rides, and old time photos. Free to get in. They also have a theater and do comedy shows and plays.

You will have to let us know how your trip went.

I love Colorado!

Got home last night! wow. So So Magical! the whole experience was amazing! The first couple days I was there, I stayed in Downtown Denver and the other days I was camping at chatfield statepark. Seeing a show at Red Rocks was everything I thought it would be. as it turned out, Watercourse was literally 3 blocks from the guys house I was staying at in Denver, but, oddly enough, I didnt end up going there until my last night in CO. I went with an OMNI guy and I swear he is 100% open to Veganism after going. For starter we got the buffalo seitan, soooo good!!! I live 10mins from NYC and they definately beat anything I've had locally. For dinner he ordered a tofu wrap which he enjoyed and I got a platter(i forget the name) w/rice, kale, cabbage, seaweed, and grilled tofu.
    The whole scene in CO was inspiring, I would love to spend more time out there... As it turns out, I met a guy out there(last thing I ever expected to happen) :-O and As it stands I'm pretty crazy for him. We literally fell in love @ red rocks! He lives in Pittsburgh, but we ended up canceling our flights to stay out there longer than planned and made a pact that we would go explore more of CO soon. He's actually considering giving Veganism a shot!! One person at a time!

Thank you again for all your tips, Super helpful!
    -zee

What a sweet story.