Thread: Vegan cake delivery companies

Default Vegan cake delivery companies

I need to order a cake for my dad's 70th birthday at the end of May, lots of cake making people/companies near here but none do vegan and Id raher support a vegan company.

So far i know of blue lotus and baby cakes online but im sure there are more places that have been mentioned here but cant find the links/names....

I think we will go for a choc cake as he loves dark choc.

A lot of babycakes ones are 4 or 7" it will be for a small family do for about 8-9 people so dont know if a 7" cake will be enough.

Cakes ive had in the past tended to be a bit dry.

His fave cake is the fresh n wild choc one but i cant see me getting to London just to get a cake!

Any ideas on who is best?

Anther option is the vegan cafe in Worcester but i might need to decorate that one,

Cant make it myself as we live in the same house so would not be a suprise! My cake making skills are ok but not up to 70th birthday cakes really!

Thanks in advance for ideas

100% sure – I'm going vegan! yum's Avatar

Default Re: Vegan cake delivery companies

I got a cake from babycakes - the 7'' one and i think for 8 or 9 people it will be a bit of a squeeze. They are yummy though and they can decorate it for you.

i had a cake from blue lotus for my birthday; chocolate with chocolate cream in the middle. it was AMAZING.

i think it must have been 7" or so in diameter, but really thick, so it fed six people easily with half, and then me and my boyfriend for a good couple of tasty treats later

my friend ordered it for me, so i don't know how efficient they were on the delivery etc, but i can ask. i remember her saying it was very well-packed.

amanda

I can recommend dairy-free.org.uk . They do an awesome orange chocolate cake.
    The blueberry muffins are also excellent.

P.S.
    Damn! I just noticed that they closed until 10th june!
    sorry!
    Last edited by Cumin; May 5th, 2008 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Added ps
    How good it is to be well-fed, healthy, and kind all at the same time. Henry J. Heimlich

I got my friend several different flavours of the very small cakes from Babycakes for her birthday - we divided them up and had a quarter of a cake each. Great for the indecisive!
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Thanks will look with mum at babycakes and blue lotus, maybe 2 smaller cakes is the answer (can see me getting carried away and freezing some, like 5 4" cakes that are on offer)

Cumin - will bookmark the dairy free site for future ref after 10th June

Delivery wise as dad answers the door here il see about delivery to work as always someone on reception to sign for the order (as long as no one eats my order)

I just won a blue lotus carrot and cinnamon cake! I'd had mixed reviews about them - some people had said their cakes were a bit dry, but this wasn't at all. It was really well packed and arrived quickly too.

You won it? Is all you had to do was give your credit card details and pay a nominal entry fee and then you "win"?

No, they have a monthly prize draw. I've entered it several times and gotton nothing, cherry entered once. She's also won tenners on the lottery several times whilst I've got a direct debit with them and have never received a single penny. She also always picks the letter A out of the scabble tiles bag at the start when deciding who goes first.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Spooky.
    So do you think Cherry has a secret doorway to an alternative reality where she can switch the probabilities in her favour?
    Is she perhaps 'not of this world' and therefore not subject to the rules of chance like the rest of us?
    Or perhaps she has been cheating all this time at scrabble, and you've just not realised.
    How good it is to be well-fed, healthy, and kind all at the same time. Henry J. Heimlich

The funny thing was when Mr F said "right, this time whoever is furthest away from A can start" - and I got a z Hehe.

I do feel pretty lucky for winning cake though.

I'd love to win cake

Maybe I should make a cake and raffle it off to myself. Only one ticket. And I'll have it.

I'll still lose.

I can imagine that, you, realising you have the winning ticket to your one-ticket cake draw, decide to do a victory lap of your flat to celebrate. When you return triumphantly to the kitchen you find Jo innocently finishing off the last few crumbs of the cake .

Have just shown Mum the vegan cake companies, shes is not over impressed thinks they are very over priced and dry looking I think mums thinking more of a rich choc cake more fancy looking or one you have a photo done on, more of a 'birthday decorated' cake, but thinks its mean not to include me.

So looking at blue lotus/baby cakes and looking more to the 5 4" cakes for £33 offer to get a selection.

Am prob off work next week so if i order will have to go into work to get them

I could try making one but just dont know what we would do if it turned out looking bad as too late to order then......wish there was a local cake maker who did vegan cakes in the Midlands!

Quote alisont View Post
    I could try making one but just dont know what we would do if it turned out looking bad as too late to order then......wish there was a local cake maker who did vegan cakes in the Midlands!
    Have you tried ringing around some "normal" (*ahem*) bakers to see? I did and , with luck, I managed to find someone to do our wedding cake.

Might try that as i know the lady who is doing my friends wedding cake is doing me an individual vegan cupcake and even making it on diff day to the rest & wrapping it sep to avoid cross contamination!

Can see this house being full of cakes.

There is a cafe in Worcester that makes vegan cakes but i cant get there to collect it due to friends wedding being the same day and i cant go the day before asd its a 40 mile round trip

Its a pain not driving sometimes!

I know how you feel. That's why it's been a bit of a pain thinking how the wedding will all turn out. Thankfully Earth Cafe in Manchester (the probable caterers) do outside catering and are about 500 metres from the reception venue, AND the wedding cake bloke delivers to the venue (he's 15 miles away) for free!

i promise you that the chocolate cake i had from blue lotus wasn't dry. but i don't know how much it was, because it was a present.

in all honesty, all non-vegans present (i.e. everyone but me) LOVED it. i had to fight them off from eating all my cake...

amana

I've just looked at the blue lotus website and I'm drooling
    Dizzycow

Which of the cakes that blue lotus sell are made by blue lotus? The 4" one we had was a resold babycakes one and wasn't dry. The slice of dry that I had was a full sized one.

Are blue lotus and babycakes the same company then? both seem to sell the same products?

I need to order by 4.30 tomorrow and cant decide between 1 x 8" cake for dads 70th or 5 x smaller 4" cakes hmmmmmm

No, bluelotus sell babycakes' cakes, plus either make the rest themselves or buy them from another supplier: hence my question.

Have ordered the party pack of 5 x 4" cakes

Id asked for 1 to be decorated but have had an email saying thats £5.99 more, getting expensive now so will prob go for plain and put a birthday sign on myself as cant see Mum wanting to pay more as she is saying its expensive our cake(s).

Am looking foward to trying these cakes and hope the family enjoy them

Spot on delivery and packing from Blue Lotus:smile:

The cakes look great, small but great and smell wonderful, how Il ignore them til Sat/Sun I dont know, Dads not sussed as yet as delivery van turned up whilst I was hoovering and Mum spotted him to sign.

I shall add some decorations and will take a pic over the weekend.

They are babycakes on the pack.

Few pics so far, poor quality as cling film on the cakes til Sun!

Few more:

Hope Its ok postig pics here apologies if they should be in the pics of good food thread?

I have three words for you: "Om Nom Nom".

On the strength of this thread I ordered 3 8inch cakes for the office as it's customary to provide cakes on your birthday. I ordered Thursday, they were freshly baked on Monday, and delivered yesterday. They were superb!!! They went down a storm in the office. The coeliac in the office was well chuffed to be able to eat the gluten free vegan chocolate cake as she is usually left out of the office cakes.
    I actually rang babycakes, but julie recommended that I order via Blue Lotus as I wanted 3 cakes and delivery would be cheaper that way. They were very well packaged and well presented. I'd highly recommend to anyone.
    I had vegan chocolate, vegan date and walnut, and vegan gluten free chocolate, and all went down very well! Yummy!

Glad everyone liked them, theres a few small slices left here and the fruit cake dads hidden away

My fave was the banana, coconut and lime one - amazing! Victoria sponge and choc were joint 2nd!

The cakes were so yummy and moist!

Thought there might be a newer thread than this but anyway I wanted to post my latest cake experience.

Blue Lotus were too booked up to do the now-traditional birthday carrot cake for my mother-in-law so I got one from http://www.vegancakedirect.co.uk/ which I gather may be closely related to Babycakes and may actually make some of the cakes for Blue Lotus? The cake did seem quite similar to the usual and possibly worked out a bit cheaper. Anyway it was very good so I have just ordered more cake from them for another family birthday.

Ms Cupcake does deliver in zones 1 and 2 but the delivery charge would be £14 to where I am so only viable it if you were ordering a lot of cake.