Thread: Happy Staffie rescue Kidderminster, Worcs

Default Happy Staffie rescue Kidderminster, Worcs

Just wanted to let everyone know about a new dog rescue that has started up in Kidderminster - I know a few members live this way.

The Happy Staffie charity shop opened last weekend in Kidderminster (Worcester Street by Royal Bank of Scotland)

Its a great rescue dedicated to just staffies, at the moment there are 5 dogs in their care - if you know of anyone who can offer a home to one of them do have a look - wonderful dogs there, some older characters who need a new forever home.

Ive been to the shop today and had a long chat as I was dropping a lot of items off, Ive got a plie of leaflets to advertise the rescue at a table top sale for the dogs sos charity Im helping out at tomorrow.

The rescue are looking to seek charity status in the future - if anyone can help in any way please contact them, If its not too far Im sure they would travel in the local area to collect donations.

Donations will be sold in the shop or at one of the many car boot sales - one this Monday at Alverley.

The rescue at the moment is just taking on dogs in the Wyre Forest area but maybe looking to extend to the Worcestershire area and the Stourbridge area in the future.

They are keen to spread awareness of the rescue/shop/work/raise their profile and want to spread a positive view of this breed of dog (that as many of you know recieves bad press on a regular basis)

I said Id let as many people know about the rescue as they are doing a great job, Im sure they would appreciate ideas for fundraising if anyone can help out with ideas and they have gaps for volunteers for the shop (I know it might be too far for many)

If anyone knows of open days or events where they could have a stall do let them know.

They have a facebook group and this is the website:

http://www.happystaffierescue.org.uk/

Ive said Il get involved - not quite sure how as yet but Its a breed thats very close to my heart (having had a staffie for 11 years until he died earlier this year) and I cant have a rescue dog myself at the moment so want to help with fundraising.

If anyone can display posters of the dogs looking for homes or leaflets Im sure the shop will supply some.

Thanks
    Alison

Default Re: Happy Staffie rescue Kidderminster, Worcs

great name
    even perfect isn't perfect - Rubyduby 4th July 08

puca

I wish a staffie could live with me

Quote puca View Post
    I wish a staffie could live with me
    Me too but not practical with my long days at work - Id love to offer Bella on the happy staffie website a home, but cant

I plan to help out in other ways where I can:smile: