Thread: A.p.h.

Default A.p.h.

Don't think this has been mentioned here yet.

The Australia Pizza House tomato sauce contains beef.
    Yes, beef.
    However apparently the pesto and bbq sauce are safe.

Am I the last person on the planet to realise this? I've eaten there maybe twice in my life (not recently, thank dog) and both times I enquired about milk or cheese being in the sauce (which you'd think would be the obvious concern!) and of course they said "no". But I never thought to ask about the whole. freaking. cow.

Sheesh.

ConsciousCuisine

Default Re: A.p.h.

YUCK!!! Just goes to show you a vegan is rarely "safe" in this animal-eating world! Thanks for sharing and remember we all must NEVER assume ANYTHING!!! Ask questions and KNOW what you are putting in your body and what your money is supporting!

Oh - My - God!

That is unbelievable, I really am shocked! Appalling, who'd have thought it??? I am disgusted. You really do have to be so so careful. They don't label their vegetable-topped pizzas as vegetarian, do they?

Quote Kam
    They don't label their vegetable-topped pizzas as vegetarian, do they?
    I'm fairly sure they do.

Quote Imapeach
    I'm fairly sure they do.
    Then that is plain wrong. Go to the press!

ConsciousCuisine

Quote Kam
    Then that is plain wrong. Go to the press!

Every Thai restaurant where I live serves "vegetarian" food with fish sauce and shrimp paste.

Nearly every Mexican restaurant serves "vegetarian" burritos with chicken broth in the rice (and often LARD in the tortillas and beans which is rendered PIG FAT!).

No one seems to care except us vegans

I am really angry about this as I ate a ‘cheese free’ pizza there the other day after explaining that I was a vegan (with the usual questions about whether or not there was eggs or milk in the base). When I got the pizza it was really greasy and tasted lousy... I wonder if the beef in the sauce had anything to do with it? You just can't trust anyone can you? It should be illegal to label something as vegetarian when it clearly is not. Imagine if someone put non-halal food into something labelled as halal? There would be an uproar. They have not heard the last of this!

I totally agree. It makes out hard jobs just harder. I hardly ever eat out as a consequence. i am so annoyed. We need the vegan socs to do soemthing about this!

Our local Indian takeaway told my husband that their spinach naan had no eggs or dairy in it. When he got it home it was spinach & cheese

What does he think dairy is??????

The big lesson here is to avoid eating out! I wouldn't trust any eating house. Last week I had a soyaccino at the usual place if I need a break. Anyhow,the soyaccino had a different taste, and I felt that they used milk on the top. So I asked if there is cow's milk in my soyaccino, and they said no. However, being the suspicious person that I am, I did not believe them. I'm sure they used soy for the main part, but the frothy bit on top was probably from the jug with the cow's milk. Anyhow, I won't go there again.
    Eve

I think that it is really important that we support establishments that are purely veggie/vegan. That way we can help to encourage more of these places to open. Maybe I should move to Melbourne!

Quote englishvegoboi
    I think that it is really important that we support establishments that are purely veggie/vegan. That way we can help to encourage more of these places to open. Maybe I should move to Melbourne!
    I try to stick to that concept myself. I always give em a tip at a veggie/vegan place I want to keep them going. You can get a discount if you're in the veggie/vegan society at some but I don't do it. I would rather give them all the money they can get.

I'm not moving to Melbourne. But I am going to visit for a whole week in October.

Antony

Quote eve
    The big lesson here is to avoid eating out! I wouldn't trust any eating house. Last week I had a soyaccino at the usual place if I need a break. Anyhow,the soyaccino had a different taste, and I felt that they used milk on the top. So I asked if there is cow's milk in my soyaccino, and they said no. However, being the suspicious person that I am, I did not believe them. I'm sure they used soy for the main part, but the frothy bit on top was probably from the jug with the cow's milk. Anyhow, I won't go there again.
    ugh... i've had that happen to me before. as a result I now only get cappuccino from places i KNOW will do the right thing. It's just laziness really, people do their job and don't care about abiding by moral standards.

Quote englishvegoboi

you dont' have to move to melbourne! there are plenty of vegan friendly places in adelaide to support and yes, you're right that it is very important to do so!
    (for the record, Drift does a wickedawesome vegan pizza on friday nights, so it's not all bad!)

Quote Imapeach
    you dont' have to move to melbourne! there are plenty of vegan friendly places in adelaide to support and yes, you're right that it is very important to do so!
    (for the record, Drift does a wickedawesome vegan pizza on friday nights, so it's not all bad!)
    That is very true and I agree Drift does do a great vegan pizza. I think that I was being lazy when I said that I should move to Melbourne. The night that I went to the APH I was at the Grace Emily to see a band and I hadn't eaten beforehand so I went to West Terrace because it was nearby. I suppose I was thinking that if I had been in Melbourne and in a similar predicament, there would have been more chance of me finding vegan food at that time of the night. What I should have done was to have eaten earlier when the vegan riendly places were still open or even (shock,horror), have cooked something myself.

Quote englishvegoboi
    That is very true and I agree Drift does do a great vegan pizza. I think that I was being lazy when I said that I should move to Melbourne. The night that I went to the APH I was at the Grace Emily to see a band and I hadn't eaten beforehand so I went to West Terrace because it was nearby. I suppose I was thinking that if I had been in Melbourne and in a similar predicament, there would have been more chance of me finding vegan food at that time of the night. What I should have done was to have eaten earlier when the vegan riendly places were still open or even (shock,horror), have cooked something myself.
    I love the Grace! Billy Bob is the best (just don't stand too close to the back door when the bbq's on - stinky!) Whenever we get hungry after hanging out there, my friends and I go to Hindley St Yiros House for falafel. I'm pretty sure it's 24/7 - or at least open very very late! Plus they'll heat the bread on a peice of paper so it doesn't touch the same plate that the meat's been cooked on - if you ask nicely!