Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I wanna go 50% raw. How did you start?

patientia

Default Re: I wanna go 50% raw. How did you start?

That's what I'm doing, eating more raw salads than cooked food (bigger portion of the plate taken by raw food). Volume is easy because leafy greens are very voluminous. But I think I eat just about 30% raw. I would like to eat more raw food because of less AGEs and more useful phytonutrients (of course, some nutrients like lycopene are absorbed more easily from cooked food).

I can't stomach raw carrots. They are so bitter. Once I managed to eat them with tons of wasabi.

BlackCats

Oh, I find carrots quite sweet, especially organic ones.

I have had such a niggling headache these past two days. It's not really painful but it's annoying. I think it must be the detox symptoms. I have had a few glasses of water this morning and I'm feeling a bit better.

I have been watching raw recipes on YouTube today. Lol, Dan the Man, the Life Regenerator is funny.

I think (think!) I've been going by weight though it's more a guesstimation than anything specific. After everything that I listed above yesterday, I had a wholegrain pitta with hummus, cooked dinner last night whilst out and then some crackers and bread at a friends house, so I'm guessing it wasn't quite 50%. I ran the raw stuff I ate through nutritiondata.com though and saw that I managed to hit my RDA on almost every mineral and vitamin just off the fruit and veg.

i was raw for quite some time but in the end had to give it up for money reasons. I found that in order to stay raw I had to buy a really wide range of organic fruit and veg. I don't think the nutrients in non organic are good enough and supermarket fruit and veg is very poor quality.
    The organic nuts and seaweeds are also not cheap.
    The veg box I was ordering was always full of things you can't really eat raw like parsnips and pumpkin and it just wasn't varied enough.
    Although having said that Riverford are now doing a seasonal box with stuff like potatoes taken out and that might be better.
    Sadly not being well off limits my diet a bit.
    Silent but deadly :p

BlackCats

Yesterday and (up until 5pm) today I ate completely raw but I found it far too difficult!

I'm sticking to 50% I think. I find that okay and I think it will encourage me to cut back on alcohol.

I made a nice raw dish for lunch today though. It is meant to be like pasta with tomato sauce but made with courgettes and is raw obviously. It tasted really lovely even though it only had a few ingredients. I will definitely be having that again.

i love courgette 'pasta' and that looks yummo, black cats!

i make a raw tomato sauce with sun dried toms, toms, basil, oil, lemon juice and dates or agave nectar to sweeten. i also have a creamy avocado one that i use too.

I've been quite off the bandwagon again - last weekend there was a type of festival in my village and there was a big party so I decided not to worry about it and it's been downhill from there. I wish I had more self-discipline

Quote Declan View Post
    I wish I had more self-discipline
    story of my life!

mmm. have nice time!