Thread: Lush event: 12th-17th October

Default Lush event: 12th-17th October

On 12th October the cosmetics company Lush are launching a product called Fabulous Mrs. Fox. They will sell this product in their stores until Christmas and all profits will go directly to the HSA.

From Mon 12th until Sat 17th they will have full window displays on all their stores saying 'The hunts are still at it' and there will be stalls in the stores with leaflets and postcards, for people to fill in and send to the local police force asking them to enforce the ban.

helen105281

Default Re: Lush event: 12th-17th October

Sounds great, hopefully it wil have an impact on the masses. Think I may have to take a trip to Lush. Thanks Sue.

Now which one shall I go to,Watford or Cambridge?
    Ok Cambridge wins,any excuse to go to The Rainbow,MMMmmm Gado Gado

helen105281

Hmmm yes I think Cambridge wins every time.

Good for them! I had feared Lush were going a bit mainstream but this seems to be good publicity for everyone
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

support this please people.

I once saw Mcdonalds leaflets by the till in Lush Corporation Street Birmingham City Centre.... I suppose it belonged to a member of staff who wanted to get the lunch in McDonalds which is just a few yards away....

Oh, that looks great! Can anyone reccomend a 'Lush' shop in East Sussex/Sussex? (if there is one!) I'd love to go and check this out!

It's quite nice but my cold suppressed the smell a bit . Have to get another when I can smell haha.

Quote FatPassionFishPoet View Post
    Oh, that looks great! Can anyone reccomend a 'Lush' shop in East Sussex/Sussex? (if there is one!) I'd love to go and check this out!
    There is a Lush shop in Brighton but maybe it would be worth looking on the Lush website in case there is one nearer to you.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Quote FatPassionFishPoet View Post
    There isn't one in East Sussex unfortunately Nearest ones are Brighton, Chichester, Lakeside or Bluewater (out of those Brighton is the best shop because its just had a refit).

In my shop (Southampton) we have had over 1,500 people sign the postcards we are sending to the police and as a company lush have sold about 4,000 of the bars which means more than £10,000 for the hunt sabs so far.

A man came into the store yesterday, we think he was a hunt leader and tried to have a massive go at me about supporting the hunt sabs. He tried to intimidate me; I just kept calm and explained why we were doing what we were doing; after he left everyone else in the shop asked to sign the card and a few of them bought the bubble bars. Other than that we had a few girls that came in and flicked water at people and last week some hunters threw a football at the shop window. Its a bit childish really. But then these people illegally murder foxes so I guess it goes with the terratory.

There has been a lot of negative stuff against us for this campaign. But I think this goes to show that what we are doing is having an effect, and its worth it for the cause. 80% of the British public are against illegal hunting and other than the people mentioned above, every single person who has come into our shop since the 12th have been against it too.

No one is really speaking up about fox hunting and its quietly carrying on despite the huge public opinion against it. I'm really proud of what we are doing to get it back on the agenda.

I spoke with the manager in Truro Lush yesterday and she said that they'd had threats from pro hunt supporters, but she was determined to continue selling the Fabulous Mrs Fox. Apparently a Lush store in another part of the country had had it's window broken by suspected pro hunt supporters.

She also mentioned they'd raised around £10,000 so far and had got many thousands of the postcards signed, these ask for the police to ensure that the law is upheld and the hunt is prosecuted if illegally hunting.

I bought a bar in Manchester yesterday.
    The scent is a bit overpowering for me, but hey its for a good cause!!

^ I agree. If they do it again - and let's hope that's not needed - hopefully they could make it smell more like Karma