Thread: The Cut Bar and Restaurant

Default The Cut Bar and Restaurant

Hello!

Just thought I would let you lovely people know (though you may well already know this), that the Cut Bar, in the Young Vic theatre, cater for vegans. I'm going there for dinner in a few weeks, so I'll let you know what it's like.

For those interested:
    www.thecutbar.co.uk

amanda

Default Re: The Cut Bar and Restaurant

That's good to know - I've only ever had an interval drink in there since they rebuilt it, though I think I may have eaten a salad or two in the old one. Please do report back.

Thanks Flying Plum Ill have to go along and try it.

So, a wee review.

I had: the Butternut squash risotto (not the 'raw slaw', though I saw someone else with it and it looked nice) and the cardamon, chocolate and date pudding.

The risotto was nice, though nothing to jump up and down over. However, it came with some little tempura fried smoked oyster mushrooms which were delish!

The star was really dessert though. the pudding by itself does need a bit of a stir (the choccy seems to sink to the bottom), but i personally recommend breaking the maple biscuits in half and doing some serious dunking. it was SO good - i would go back just to eat it again!

so...i would say if you're going out for a 'vegan dinner', then sticking to the veggie places we know and love is probably better for food of a greater selection. however, if you're looking for somewhere to go for a coffee and naughty sweet with a friend, and some dangerous cocktails, i highly recommend it. it's also a great place to go to bridge the difficulty of omni-and-vegans dining together; added to that, it's a great venue, with a lovely balcony for summer, though the service was a little slow; we booked our table just as the show was going in, and it seems that is when they change their staff over, so people got a bit confused. i would definately suggest eating after 7:30 though, as it's extremely busy with theatre-goers before then!!!

amanda

That sounds interesting - I sometimes meet people at Tas or Ev near there so I must suggest going there for a change.