Thread: Midstate Washington

Default Midstate Washington

... has got to be the most vegan unfriendly area to live. Seems like people either think vegan means vegetarian or think I'm just a wack job west coast liberal. It's so silly. I mean really, here in Wenatchee we don't have a single place to get vegan menu items. Not to mention the only store to get decent vegan items is Fred Meyer. I've been vegan now since July, and I must say this lifestyle change has been such a huge challenge. The biggest challenge being that my best friends all think I've seperated myself from them. I don't get invited over anymore and when I'm there they act all stuck up around me like I'm no longer one of them or something retarded like that.

.... anywho, sorry about the rant. I love being vegan, but I've had to deal with so many challenges just to keep my temple (body) clean. I'm glad this forum exists, just so I can (in my own little world) pretend there are others out there like me. lol

One Love and Livity in Yeshua,
    Stephen

Default Re: Midstate Washington

There are others out there like you - it's not pretending! (Though I agree, it would be nice for you to be able to meet people who live near you, as well as chat to people on a forum...)

Your friends might perhaps be feeling a bit awkward. A lot of people, as you've said, don't know what a vegan is. And people will often avoid what they don't know, and feel uncomfortable in a situation where they can't avoid it.

I haven't got any great advice (sorry) except to suggest that you think of ways in which you could try to make them feel more comfortable/understanding (cook a yummy vegan dinner for them one night, perhaps?)

Hope things get easier for you soon

Default Re: Midstate Washington

Quote Est View Post
    There are others out there like you - it's not pretending! (Though I agree, it would be nice for you to be able to meet people who live near you, as well as chat to people on a forum...)

Your friends might perhaps be feeling a bit awkward. A lot of people, as you've said, don't know what a vegan is. And people will often avoid what they don't know, and feel uncomfortable in a situation where they can't avoid it.

I haven't got any great advice (sorry) except to suggest that you think of ways in which you could try to make them feel more comfortable/understanding (cook a yummy vegan dinner for them one night, perhaps?)

Hope things get easier for you soon
    Thank you Est! I will cook something delicious for my friends. That's a great idea.

One Love,
    Stephen