Thread: Two big disappointments

Default Two big disappointments

We have just returned from a great hol in New England. I was very pleasantly surprised at how accommodating the majority of bed and breakfasts, cafés and restaurants were. On the whole I found it much more vegan friendly than California (we were there May 2008).
    Two exceptions, 1785 in North Conway, a very boring tasteless risotto and very poor service. The breakfast was hopeless, they made no effort to find us an alternative to the set omni breakfast. It is an expensive, over rated place which has 'got too big for it's boots'.
    The other place was the Kedron Valley Inn (http://www.kedronvalleyinn.com/),
    I just sent this to them 'Good evening, I thought I'd write and tell you how disappointed I was with your 'Vegetarian or other special dining needs are delightfully accommodated.' which turned out to mean 'we take the cheese off the only vegetarian meal on the menu if you are vegan'. It was my 60th birthday and we were holidaying in New England, when I saw your ad I though 'yes, they'll do something special for my special day'. Well no you don't cater for special dining needs and we went and found an alternative which was much friendlier and much more accommodating than you. I will be posting my experiences on various vegan and vegetarian websites.

Rocket Queen

Default Re: Two big disappointments

what happened with kedron valley one?

Default Re: Two big disappointments

Well we walked out when we found out that the vegan option was going to be the veg option without the cheese despite being assured when we called by in the morning that the chef would be informed and would do something special. On the website they say that
    'Vegetarian or other special dining needs are delightfully accommodated.' Not my idea of delightfully accommodated. On the whole some of the best places we went were ones that didn't seem to have anything for us - they often were very helpful. The ones who claimed to cater for different diets were often unhelpful.