Thread: Person threatens to kill their cat if Miley Cyrus doesn't return to Twitter.

Unhappy Person threatens to kill their cat if Miley Cyrus doesn't return to Twitter.

While reading my daily celebrity gossip blogs I read this post.

Apparently, according to this completely disturbed and insane person, if Miley Cyrus doesn't reopen her Twitter account that she closed a few months ago, s/he will kill the cat s/he "loves"... and eat it.

I really, really, really hope this is just some desparate cry for attention and a complete hoax. As the writer of the blog said, "However, if this isn't a hoax or a stunt, the world needs to be shut down. I mean it this time. SHUT IT DOWN."

Either way, it made me cry.

Default Re: Person threatens to kill their cat if Miley Cyrus doesn't return to Twitter.

Ugh. Sickening, sickening. I so hope that this isn't genuine. (I've never even heard of Miley Cyrus.)

Default Re: Person threatens to kill their cat if Miley Cyrus doesn't return to Twitter.

Wow... that person obviously needs to be placed in a psychatric ward. No reasonable person would sacrifice an animal for something ridiculous like that.
    Cows are for mooing not BBQing

leedsveg

Probably a load of old cobblers but bad things happen to millions/billions of animals every day (they get killed, they get eaten) and the world carries on. Would we have heard of this story if Miley Cyrus were not a celeb? Don't think so. I now know what I'm missing by not reading daily celebrity gossip blogs. What a whacky story.

lv

I want to believe it's a hoax as a desperate cry for attention but stranger things have happened.
    Yes/No that we hear of it only because she's a celeb (though calling her a celebrity is a bitch of a stretch in my eyes, lol) - animal cruelty cases are often headlines in the news regardless.

Honestly though, whether or not it's true or a hoax - that person needs to be put away. Even pretending something like that... it's just disturbing. Yikes.

leedsveg

It's a WUM seeing how much attention they can get from a daft hoax story. This cat is as real as Erwin Schrodinger's cat.

lv

UGH. Whether this is real or a hoax, it's just disgusting.

Meh. Such manipulative people do exist. I have a friend who told me she was trained in debate by this brilliant friend of hers who would manipulate her in all kinds of ways. Apparently he ruined one of her close friendships. Then he went insane and last time she saw him he was shooting squirrels from his porch.

Anyway... if he had threatened to kill and eat a chicken, imagine how ZERO impact this would have. If you care about animals, you might think, "Well, he was probably going to eat the chicken anyway," and if you don't care about animals: "Make me a chicken sandwich."
    "To become vegetarian is to step into the stream which leads to nirvana." - Buddha

^ Good point about the chicken. Really makes you think.

Mahk

Oh this is just silly nonsense. Has everyone forgotten that people don't really eat cats? This is just some lame self-publicity stunt like balloon boy. Omnis make jokes about eating unconventional animals all the time. People shouldn't get upset and take this seriously.

For example, this week's TV show 30 Rock, the episode called "Stone Mountain", had a drop dead funny joke told by Jack (Alec Baldwin) about what he did that morning, at exactly 15 minutes in, regarding the purity, decency, and wholesomeness of the little, quaint town he and Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) were visiting. I LOL.

[You may be forced to watch a brief commercial when you play the video but once it starts you can then hover your cursor over the video to see the elapsed time bar graph and can click on the fourth segment to the 15 minute mark...Or you can watch the whole episode. It was quite good.

Link

Quote Sarabi View Post
    Anyway... if he had threatened to kill and eat a chicken, imagine how ZERO impact this would have. If you care about animals, you might think, "Well, he was probably going to eat the chicken anyway," and if you don't care about animals: "Make me a chicken sandwich."
    Zero impact to the general population maybe, but not here. As a forum of vegans I'm sure you would understand that it's not right, regardless of the animal.
    And, sadly, despite it being a cat involved, a disturbing number of people (omnis, I reckon) who comment on the story in various places are not even bothered by it.
    Point is: the world scares me.

Quote Mahk View Post
    Oh this is just silly nonsense. Has everyone forgotten that people don't really eat cats? This is just some lame self-publicity stunt like balloon boy. Omnis make jokes about eating unconventional animals all the time. People shouldn't get upset and take this seriously.
    Publicity stunt or otherwise, it's disturbing. Joking about eating animals, unconventional or otherwise, is disturbing. That said, I recall a story about teenagers torturing a cat as a school project. That's not so far off from this, so I wouldn't be too quick to judge everything as 'nonsense'.