Thread: Trust

Terra'dantes

Default Trust

How do I make the shift from non-vegan to vegan, if I so choose? I shouldn't just DROP all the animal foods--maybe stop eating meat, then stop eating chiken, then fish, then dairy. I think a gradual shift is healthier, because a sudden shift like that isn't healthy.
    Last edited by Korn; Dec 6th, 2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Moved to area for short questions, post shortened! :-)

Default Re: Trust issues

Hi!

Being vegan for a short while isn't of much help you or anyone, so I suggest that you concentrate on making and finding food/meals that you find at least as tasty as the food you eat now. Human behavior is often a lot more influenced by our feelings; by our body and senses that what we happen to think, so make sure you learn to find or make good you really enjoy as soon as possible. This way, it will be easy to remain vegan for more than a few months, because there aren't really reasons to eat or use animal products: the animals don't want to be eaten/exploited, humans don't need to harm them, and most of us don't want to harm them anyway!
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

sarah_s1

I jumped straight into a vegan diet a couple of weeks ago and am feeling the effects, definitely ease yourself in slowly!

Quote Terra'dantes View Post
    maybe stop eating meat, then stop eating chiken, then fish, then dairy.
    Child in case you've forgotten, chicken and fish are still MEAT. Either way, a lot of things are accidentally vegan anyways so unless your diet is based solely on meat and dairy and nothing else I should think your body would be fine with it. Just make sure to supplement the lack of meat and dairy with proper foods. You can't be healthy when you go vegan by simply cutting out the meat and eating side dishes and such. it's got to be balanced.
    Either this wallpaper goes, or I do.

Quote Terra'dantes View Post
    How do I make the shift from non-vegan to vegan, if I so choose? I shouldn't just DROP all the animal foods--maybe stop eating meat, then stop eating chiken, then fish, then dairy. I think a gradual shift is healthier, because a sudden shift like that isn't healthy.
    Hi Terra'dantes, as eating meat/dairy etc isn't healthy anyway I think you would be doing yourself a favour by stopping them completely. Yes, your body might take a week or so to adapt to a diet rich in healthy vegetables/fruit/pulses/grains etc but once the adjustment has taken place you will indeed be healthier! I wish you all the best in your transition to a vegan lifestyle and of course we are all here to offer any help or advice you might want.

p.s. I've just noticed this is an old thread............Sarah's post fulled me into thinking it was recent!
    Now, I'm curious as to how Terra'dantes progressed!

p.p.s I can't even send him a pm as he doesn't want to receive any............oh, dear me and my curiosity!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

I would say do it in whatever way will work for you to stay vegan.

Lol, isn't that annoying Sandra? 1 post and doesn't return... Did he stick with the diet or what? Just leaves us hanging

Quote sandra View Post
    I can't even send him a pm as he doesn't want to receive any
    That's probably a standard phrase the software uses both for members who have disabled private messaging and not-yet-vegan accounts, which have no PM abilities...
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Quote Back-Space View Post
    Lol, isn't that annoying Sandra? 1 post and doesn't return... Did he stick with the diet or what? Just leaves us hanging
    I know Back-Space............it drives me mad! I am either a very curious person or just downright nosey!

Quote Korn View Post
    That's probably a standard phrase the software uses both for members who have disabled private messaging and not-yet-vegan accounts, which have no PM abilities...
    I see Korn. Whoever she was I'll never know what happened in the end!

P.S. She had such a great username too!
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

And Sarah said she had been vegan for a couple of weeks. Maybe they gave up on it? You'd think they'd return to ask a question here or there.

"Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting."

I'm still not trusted enough to post? Lol
    Last edited by Back-Space; Dec 10th, 2010 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Thanks Korn! :p