Thread: Great blog today, gives us courage!

Default Great blog today, gives us courage!

Take a look http://vegansanctuary.blogspot.com/2...t-we-feel.html

One of my favorite sentences:
    Maybe there is no way possible to stay ahead of the pain but rather have the courage to stay in it. Pain not fully felt will never heal.

Default Re: Great blog today, gives us courage!

I like this, thanks. I like it from a feminist perspective... because often veganism is dismissed as something "too sentimental," a thing for "animal lovers." That is how I felt about veganism before I was vegan. It was a thing for "animal lovers," people who got all gushy over animals, people who liked to play with dogs and ride horses. It wasn't a thing for people busy rationalizing their lack of emotion. We need less of rationalizing our lack of emotion and more rationalizing - accepting, embracing - our presence of emotion. To acknowledge that emotions are rational, and reasons are emotional, too. Emotions make us human no less than does reason.

And it's really disconcerting when, for example, someone gets pissed off that I compare animal exploitation to some type of human exploitation, as if I'm somehow denying their feelings by expressing mine, when in fact what is happening is that they are denying my feelings by expressing their utter lack of respect for the feelings of animals... they are denying that there is anything reasonable about my feelings toward animals because, according to them, animals do not deserve my sympathy, my compassion. I had a Jewish guy call me disrespectful after declaring that "animals can't FEEL anything." So somehow his feelings about the Holocaust need respecting, but mine about animals don't.
    "To become vegetarian is to step into the stream which leads to nirvana." - Buddha