Thread: Amsterdam

puca

Default Amsterdam

I'm finally making plans to get to Amsterdam for my first holiday thingy abroad in years!

I'm also hoping to couch surf it!

Was wondering for some recommendations of restaurants/cafes, also a heads up on things I could slip up on diet-wise...

Is it better to go by Eurostar or bus? As I don't want to fly.

I'm doing this along -which is nothing offensive to any mates on VF or otherwise, just I don't really get along with many people for long periods and would need to know somebody very well to trust them to travel with-, so safety tips would be mucho appreciated!

Default Re: Amsterdam

Hey now...
    I was there over the summer, I will be there over Christmas and New Years as well. Last time I went I ate at The Golden Temple a few times, they have a very cozy atmosphere and vegan food is very yummy, although most food I ate in Amsterdam was yummy. Maoz falafals were what I ate most of the time...I am addicted to their falafal. There is a Market called BioMarket that has lotsa good stuff. Check out HappyCow.net. I was there for 10 days and did not have to slip up once. Enjoy and have a wonderful time...maybe I will bump into you.
    Last edited by Zeebo; Nov 9th, 2009 at 06:00 PM.

Moaz would get my vote.

I can't find the vegetarian restuarant I went to in Amsterdam. It might be waaghals, but i'm not entirely sure (i think the one i went to was a few blocks away):

http://www.waaghals.nl/infoENG.htm
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

puca

Mmmmm the stir fry sound yummy.

Was there the other month for a couple of weeks. Another vote for Maoz. Also, it's worth popping your head into a couple of the Thai places as some of them do Vegan options with tofu, etc.

gutts