Thread: Nando's

Default Nando's

I went to Nando's the other day for tea as my bf really likes it there. I remember looking at their nutritional info online before and seeing that one of their pitta's was suitable for vegans. However, I thought it was their bean pitta but when I got there the menu described it as a 'cheesy' patty. So I figured I must have been mistaken as there was also a veggie pitta. I ordered the veggie pitta without the mayo thinking it must be the vegan option. However, I looked on the website again afterwards to find out that, not only is there no nutritional info there anymore, but their menu has changed!! So now I am worried that they have changed recipes and what I ate wasn't vegan Does anyone know?

Default Re: Nando's

Quote hullabaloo View Post
    I went to Nando's the other day for tea as my bf really likes it there. I remember looking at their nutritional info online before and seeing that one of their pitta's was suitable for vegans. However, I thought it was their bean pitta but when I got there the menu described it as a 'cheesy' patty. So I figured I must have been mistaken as there was also a veggie pitta. I ordered the veggie pitta without the mayo thinking it must be the vegan option. However, I looked on the website again afterwards to find out that, not only is there no nutritional info there anymore, but their menu has changed!! So now I am worried that they have changed recipes and what I ate wasn't vegan Does anyone know?
    ONly thing I have to say is, it happens. The only thing about being vegan that bugs the shit out of me is how vegans/non-vegans think we have to be 100% vegan 100% of the time. Sorry, but shit does happen. I hope this doesn't sound like I am having a go at you, Iam not I promise.
    Being vegan to me is a goal I strive for on a daily basis, I won't lie sometimes I will buy something thinking its vegan but later realise it is not, not much I can do about at that moment so I just carry on. Don't get me wrong I am vegan for the animals 100% but we can not expect to be perfect. Next time just ask the waiter or ask to see the chef, they will be happy to help.

cheers hope this helps

If you’re vegan or vegetarian your best bet is to order a veggie burger or pitta, but you need to specify “no mayonnaise” as mayo is a standard ingredient containing egg. You can have any baste as these are free of meat, egg and dairy products.

Please note that Nando’s are not vegetarian restaurants and do not imply in any literature that we are. However we do take specific steps to segregate our vegetarian product from chicken products as follows:

· A separate area of the grill is defined for the exclusive cooking of vegetarian and bean burgers.

· A separate spatula is always used with vegetable products.

· Separate bottles of the Nando’s bastes are used exclusively for basting the vegetarian products.

· Chips are the only deep fried product, and therefore there is no risk of cross contamination.

Full ingredient listings are available in all of our restaurants if you wish to explore further! Ask to see the “Food & Menu Specifications” booklet.
    http://www.nandos.co.uk/contentright...cu_id_question
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Thank you!