Thread: Please, please help!

Exclamation Please, please help!

I know some members are already aware of Tower Hill Stables Animal Sanctuary and the amazing work that Fiona and Martin (both vegans) do, saving and caring for hundreds of rescued animals that were facing death. They truly are the most amazing people I have ever met, working tirelessly for the animals 24 hours a day, never having a day off, with every penny they have going directly to the animals upkeep. There are lots of new members on here that may not have heard of them however and so I'd like to draw your attention to them.
    The sanctuary is in DESPERATE need of help, quoting the recent news update on the website:

To be honest, I think we have had it financially - I can't see the Sanctuary carrying on much longer unless we find more people to join & become supporters.

Clearly we are grateful to all our existing supporters & those that support each project when it comes round over & over again, but unfortunately the tide of expense is just flowing too fast.

We have seen a few new supporters join in recent months, but more have stopped their support than new have started !

If you are a supporter, Please please please see if you can persuade a friend to help by joining too - it really doesn't have to be much on an individual basis. as few pounds a month, but if enough people join, we can carry on caring for these 400 rescued animals. - All donations go to the animals & nothing in expenses or other costs.

As you can see, they desperately need new supporters - even a few pounds per month will make a difference. Please see the website and read what Fiona and Martin do, take a look at the animals pages and read their stories, and if you can, please, please help. Overseas members are possible too, as donations/memberships can be done via paypal. There is also a great video to watch, and details of how you can help also by shopping via the sanctuary shop (which costs you nothing, but raises funds for the sanctuary) for online sites such as ebay, amazon, Next, M&S, hmv and loads of others.

If you could put a poster up at work, post a link on your facebook/twitter page etc... to help raise awareness/get some new supporters it would be great. I also have reuseable cotton bags advertising the sanctuary, and if anyone would like one please let me know and I'll send you one (I had these made, the sanctuary uses every penny they get for the animals). Please, spread the word, thank you.

(mods, I know there is already a Towerhill thread in the UK section of the forum, but not everyone looks there, so if this thread could remain separate and in the main forum section, so people could see it I would be grateful )

Default Re: Please, please help!

Ive just had a look and asked for a form to set up standing order, can only afford a bit each month but very worthwhile. Hope more people on here can help if they possibly can.

helen105281

Towerhill stables is a wonderful place. We have a montly direct debit which I have just doubled and we have given a donation. I have a poster up at work too. Please everyone if you can spare anything they really need our support.

Donated!

Hope they can stay open.

I hope they manage to stay open too,i set up standing order now, cant afford much myself but if a lot of us could spare just 2 pounds a month even it would make a difference. They are doing a fantastic job. Come on everybody! Help save these animals!:smile:

Have just set up a standing order online
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Buddha Belly

Quote misssoya View Post
    I hope they manage to stay open too,i set up standing order now, cant afford much myself but if a lot of us could spare just 2 pounds a month even it would make a difference. They are doing a fantastic job. Come on everybody! Help save these animals!:smile:

I support them already on a monthly basis, and send larger donations now and again, but will increase my standing order - I do hope they manage to stay afloat.
    I have nothing to declare but my genius - Oscar Wilde

Standing order done

Donated. Thanks for the info Scarlett.

Sorry I haven't replied, haven't been able to get online for a while ... anyways, thanks guys, every bit really does help

There is a Christmas Open Day on Sunday 13th if anyone lives nearish (Asheldham, Essex)

Set up standing order!

I sent a cheque and will set up a standing order from now.

Really, really hope they manage to stay open.
    'I love Dandelion tea'

Oh dear! I was just wondering about this place yesterday!!!! I will donate too once my money goes in and they'll let me do standing order.
    "It's not that people suddenly start breeding like rabbits; it's just that people stopped dropping like flies" - population explosion

Thought I'd bump this. Listening to a radio interview Fiona did at the moment - what an amazing woman!
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Thanks for bumping. I've made a donation. Hope they manage to keep going. I don't know how they do it.

I made a donation too.