Thread: Jokerz bars

Default Jokerz bars

I've been waiting to get my hands on these from the vegan store for aaages. Finally got a couple and my goodness they are yummy!! I also have a twilight bar but haven't tried it yet. Why can't vegan goodies like this be more readily available to buy in shops? You lucky US members have it good!!

Default Re: Jokerz bars

I know we have it good for some things, but I think you UK members have it good for lots of things. Ah, the grass is always greener. At least in my area, we can't get those candy bars in the store. Have to order them as well, which I haven't yet. Is the Jokerz one that is supposed to be a Snickers? I used to love Snickers.

Yes it is supposed to be like a snickers. Not exactly the same, but tasty none-the-less

I only had the one that's supposed to be like an almond joy. Sooooo good. Lulas Sweet Apothecary (ice cream shop) sells them in NYC in case anyone cares.

Good to know. Not sure when I'll get to NY though.

I'll be there soon so thanks timberly.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Quote veganwitch View Post
    Good to know. Not sure when I'll get to NY though.
    They're actually from the US and were available there first (are cheaper there as well I believe!). You can buy them off veganessentials.com (that's how I first tried them).

$2.39 from there which with their conversion rate today works out at £1.43.
    http://store.nexternal.com/shared/St...t=products.asp
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Quote Marrers View Post
    $2.39 from there which with their conversion rate today works out at £1.43.
    http://store.nexternal.com/shared/St...t=products.asp
    So marginally cheaper as they're £1.65 at veganstore.co.uk. Probably doesn't make much difference...unless one orders loads of them!

Quote mariana View Post
    They're actually from the US and were available there first (are cheaper there as well I believe!). You can buy them off veganessentials.com (that's how I first tried them).
    Thanks for the tip. I was planning to order from veganessentials soon, so I'll look for the bars.

Quote veganwitch View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I was planning to order from veganessentials soon, so I'll look for the bars.
    You're welcome. I recommend buying all four types and then cutting a small bit off each and making yourself a sampler platter so you can try them all at once and better compare the flavours. For scientific purposes, naturally.

Quote Marrers View Post
    I'll be there soon
    oh cool

Quote mariana View Post
    You're welcome. I recommend buying all four types and then cutting a small bit off each and making yourself a sampler platter so you can try them all at once and better compare the flavours. For scientific purposes, naturally.
    I love science!

"To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Quote DiaShel View Post
    I love science!

Now if only experiments in high-school were like the candy bar "experiment" I did, I would definitely be studying something science-related now.

I've now eaten all my chocolate I'm such a chocolate fiend!!

The jokerz bars are gorgeous but the Twilight bars are heavenly. I bought 2 of each and they cost me close to £11 so I can't afford to buy them often. Wish you could buy them by the box load,

Quote timberly View Post
    Lulas Sweet Apothecary (ice cream shop) sells them in NYC
    They were all sold out except for the mahalo bar when I went in there the other day. (Cost $2.75 )

My boyf. got me a tonne of vegan choc booty for xmas- twilight, jokerz, mavericks, chocolate eggs, fudge, marhmallow mix, spread etc from veganstore. All of the jokerz were gone within a couple of days and the last twilight went today

< sheer greed

Quote Marrers View Post
    They were all sold out except for the mahalo bar when I went in there the other day. (Cost $2.75 )
    Oh man. I've just read this now but I hope you at least got some ice cream or a shake or something. I think I liked the Mahalo one though, it was like an almond joy right? Did you like that one?

Yeah, don't worry you must have guessed I'd have had ice cream! The bar was quite nice but we don't have Almond Joy in the UK so I can't give an opinion on how well it compares.

I love these! The one in the red wrapper is my favourite and then the one in the purple wrapper is my second favourite. I don't like the one in the brown wrapper very much.

Quote timberly View Post
    Oh man. I've just read this now but I hope you at least got some ice cream or a shake or something. I think I liked the Mahalo one though, it was like an almond joy right? Did you like that one?
    It's meant to be like an almond joy. I really liked it, but wouldn't say it tastes exactly like an almond joy. It tasted less...artificial. I liked all the bars, but found none of them tasted that much like regular non-vegan candy bars, because the non-vegan ones tend to be made with more artificial and cheaper ingredients, IMO. So the flavours of the vegan bars are less artificial. But I like them, even if they don't taste that much like the candy bars I ate in my pre-vegan days!

All of these bars taste great but I have to say that I think the Jokerz and Twilight are the best, the Mahalo are VERY VERY Sweet and the Buchaneer are just the Twilight bars without the Caramel.
    If you want to save some money, just buy the Twilight and Jokerz.
    I have to admit that they are very expensive but can you put a price on a chocolate heaven?

I really like these bars, we've just bought some over to Australia. My favourites are most definitely the Jokerz and the Mahalo, soooo good! They taste just like regular candy bars but much better!
    cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com

Talking Re: Jokerz bars

I haven't tried the new bars yet, I'm waiting for the healthfood shop to read my mind and get them in . They have those Organica bars though, the ones that are supposed to be like a Bounty bar and a Mars bar. I've only had the nougat one, its really small compared to a Mars bar but good nonetheless. I don't buy them very often though, normally a small bar of Lindt dark chocolate is enough to satisfy my chocolate needs!

I am thinking I have got to get me some of these! Have not seen them in H&B so maybe an online order to Vegan Store is required...

Blueberries - the Organica bars are really nice. I much prefer the coconut (Bounty) one to the nougat (Mars) one though.
    "Only after the last tree has been cut down,the last fish caught [and] the last river poisoned;only then will you realise that money cannot be eaten"

Quote Holly78 View Post
    I am thinking I have got to get me some of these! Have not seen them in H&B so maybe an online order to Vegan Store is required...

Blueberries - the Organica bars are really nice. I much prefer the coconut (Bounty) one to the nougat (Mars) one though.
    The organica bars are nice, but be assured even though they are very sweet, the bars from Vegan Store are a thousand times better (in my opinion) and way worth the money, the creme de la creme of vegan candy. After eating these you can die happy.

Email update from Vegan Store:-
    Infinity Brighton - Now stocking Twilight, Jokerz, Buccanneer and Mahalo Bars! If you'd like to get your hands on them without paying postage why not pop down their shop and pick some up.
    Address : 25 North Road, Brighton. Telephone 01273 603563. Hours: Monday to Saturday 9.30am - 6pm, Sunday 11am - 5pm

Currently our other stockists include:

Honest to Goodness 33 Market Street, Hoylake, Wirral, CH47 2BG. Telephone 0151 632 6516 Hours 9-6 Monday - Saturday with a late night till 8pm on Thursdays
    12-6 Sunday

Dragon Indulgance. Gostins Shopping Mall, 32 - 36 Hanover Street, Liverpool, L1 4LN.

We need your help ! Do you have a local health food store that you'd like to stock our vegan mars bars ?
    If so we are wholesaling to stores around the world. If you know of somewhere you think would benefit from our products please pass our e mail address onto them. We'd love to get these products widely available and a mainstream option. Together let's see if we can do it. Many thanks.
    E mail address for wholesale enquiries : sales @ veganstore.co.uk

cobweb

^ ooh when i move i will work on getting them stocked near me.
    I do resent paying so much for a chocolate bar but they are gorgeous, aren't they?.

Just found out that Go Max Go foods who make the Jokerz/Twilight/Buchaneer/Mahalo bars are planning to launch 2 new products soon - Cleo's (Peanut butter cups) and Snap! (Rice Bars).
    I do hope that sell them over here, if you want to have a look for yourselves, heres the link http://www.gomaxgofoods.com/products-01.htm

cobweb

The Jokerz have been out of stock everywhere for ages, haven't they?.
    I wanted some for my son's birthday next week.

I have just looked on the viva website and they dont seem to have sold out (it doesn't say so on the site anyway) http://www.vivashop.org.uk/viva/food...kerz-candy-bar

cobweb

^ ooh thanks

RubyDuby

peanut butter cups?! oh no. I love those.
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

URGENT CHOCOLATE ANNOUNCEMENT -

Gomaxgo bars (Twilight, Jokerz, Mahola and Buchaneer) are back in stock at Veganstore on 4th of May.

Happy Munching.

Vegan store have got the new Go Max Go chocolates in (peanut butter cubs & rice crackle bars) http://www.veganstore.co.uk/mm5/merc...egory_Code=002

I considered buying some, so went onto the Vegan Store. I couldn't see the quantity for what you get for your £1.79. Then I saw it was per bar! Bit f***ing steep if you ask me. I'll be sticking to my Chocolate Bourbons for my fix of chocolate, I think.
    I like football. And potatoes.

Quote Frosty View Post
    I considered buying some, so went onto the Vegan Store. I couldn't see the quantity for what you get for your £1.79. Then I saw it was per bar! Bit f***ing steep if you ask me. I'll be sticking to my Chocolate Bourbons for my fix of chocolate, I think.
    Have you tried them?

I'm put off by the price too... considering ordering a couple for *DIRE CHOCOLATE EMERGENCIES* but then I will probably eat them straight away.

Quote Firestorm View Post
    Have you tried them?
    Nope, not yet. If I saw one in a shop I'd be more tempted. But spending £1.79 + £2.99 p&p from the Vegan Store seems utterly ridiculous for one bar of chocolate

Quote Frosty View Post
    Nope, not yet. If I saw one in a shop I'd be more tempted. But spending £1.79 + £2.99 p&p from the Vegan Store seems utterly ridiculous for one bar of chocolate
    I know I do cringe when I order them, but when you take that first bite it all seems justified somehow! I first got some between xmas and new year 2009 using money someone else gave me as a present which somehow made it feel more acceptable to spend that much on chocolate.
    Are there any shops near you that stock them? I can get them when I'm in Liverpool which makes it a bit cheaper, but what I have just found is that if you use the Veganstore rewards scheme, it can make things a bit cheaper. I just spent £30 on chocolate from there (£20 of it as B'day presents from someone else) and because I had 5000 points I used that to pay for the delivery.

The only place that could sell them anywhere near me would be the Holland & Barrett. Unfortunately, that particular store may actually be the worst attempt at a health food shop in the world, and has very limited vegan supplies in there. I have asked for more, but I guess the didn;t deem there to be a demand for it. The sometimes have some Cheezly and Linda Mac stuff, but that's as far as it goes really. And the fridges/freezers have been out of use for three months too... BUT I DIGRESS! lol

That is an insane amount of money to spend on chocolate. I think if I was more of a fan of chocolate I woould maybe make the effort, but I don't really have much of a sweet tooth. A fine example: I got three bars of Plamil and Green & Black's chocolate the other Christmas and they lasted until March or April.

I'm in Bristol at the weekend, so might nip into one of the stores there (it seems to be more V-Friendly there) and purchase one, if there's any. I'd love to try them one day, but (as I may or may not have already mentioned ) I won't be paying almost £5 for a bar.

cobweb

Yep, even without postage it's VERY expensive isn't it?. All chocolate is actually, but those bars are ridiculous!. Lovely, but ridiculous. We now only buy them for each other as birthday and Christmas treats.

Leeds_lad1976

Hello everyone, I have just discovered these yummy chocolate bars, my favourite is the snicker like bar, me and my friend picked up a few from honest to goodness in Hoylake. I also discovered that Honest to Goodness do mail order. Type in Joker bar at www.honest-to-goodness.org.uk

Hope you enjoy them