Thread: garlic for infections

Default garlic for infections

im sick again, and im sick of antibiotics. ive used raw garlic for bacterial infections in the past and it worked wonders. how much should i eat?

and another question about garlic, why does it grow green stems out of the end of it when its just sitting there? ive had one sitting for a while and i just looked at it and it has a stem about an inch and a half long!
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

I think those green stems mean that it is sprouting - I am not sure if it is dangerous though, so you may want to find out (I know that sprouting potatoes are toxic)

When I have a cold, I make a salad dressing of 1 crushed garlic clove and lemon juice. It makes your breath stink, but it has worked nearly every time.

i found this about sprouting garlic:

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshel...523,21,00.html

well i wont be using that for healing!

Hmmm - new garlic is probably a better option for healing

PinkFluffyCloud

Is wild Garlic ok to use?

how much lemon juice do use for your dressing banana? do u blend it up?

i read.......... somewhere........ that one ought have garlic each day in some form, fresh, powdered, caspules, just have it. i'll look for the article cause it had so much info about this.
    (i love to steam up whole cloves with broccoli and put lemmon juice on top)

please tell us more about the dressing banana!

Quote foxytina_69
    how much lemon juice do use for your dressing banana? do u blend it up?
    I crush up one clove of garlic over the salad and then I add the juice of 1/2 - 1 whole lemon, depending on how juicy it is. Just do it to taste. Sometimes I add sea salt and pepper too

my mom and sister swear by ginger when they get sick. they take ginger root, slice, mash and then add hot water. my sister had a her second c-section and she's been drinking this at least twice a day. she says she feels so much better than when she had to have her first c-section. i've never tried their "ancient asian remedy" but it looks like it works for them. when i get sick i usually just drink lots of fluids and sleep it off.

Quote PinkFluffyCloud
    Is wild Garlic ok to use?
    You sure can PFC. I have it growing in my yard and use it in various dishes, along with eating it raw. I also have some type of ‘Indian garlic’ that has broad stems growing in my flower garden. I chop it up finely in a variety of dishes.
    Quote foxytina_69
    well i wont be using that for healing!
    You could use the sprouts in dishes you have prepared. I have only had them sprout once and that happened a few days ago.I did buy an overabundance of garlic a few months ago, and although I use it daily I did not consume them in time. I eat about 4 cloves of raw garlic daily. How are you keeping your garlic? It is best not to store it in the refrigerator. I have included a link that talks about the best way to store garlic.
    Quote soyisamazing
    my mom and sister swear by ginger when they get sick. they take ginger root, slice, mash and then add hot water. my sister had a her second c-section and she's been drinking this at least twice a day. she says she feels so much better than when she had to have her first c-section. i've never tried their "ancient asian remedy" but it looks like it works for them. when i get sick i usually just drink lots of fluids and sleep it off.
    Ginger is excellent. I drink freshly brewed ginger root (about 2-3 tablespoons) usually on a daily basis. Here is a link that talks about some of its benefits.

PinkFluffyCloud

Mz, do you stink of Garlic?? I ask in all seriousness, it is a problem for me!! I eat about 2-3 cloves a day, (mostly raw) - I love the stuff, but I seriously smell, the odour seems to come through my skin, which isn't so nice for people who aren't such Garlic fans!! And when I did my 3 (yes, 3, not 2!! ) days Raw, I smelt sooooooo strongly of Garlic, it was embarrassing!!

My mother who came from Belize used to make me a hot tea when I was sick and was living at home. It was made of fresh ginger root, garlic and lemon. Boil water add fresh ginger and let it simmer? (I'm not sure if this is the right word). You put the garlic and lemon in just before you drink(must not boil.)

And yes pfc I do stink of Garlic but not every day (I believe). I have garlic free days occasionally.

Quote PinkFluffyCloud
    Mz, do you stink of Garlic?? I ask in all seriousness, it is a problem for me!! I eat about 2-3 cloves a day, (mostly raw) - I love the stuff, but I seriously smell, the odour seems to come through my skin, which isn't so nice for people who aren't such Garlic fans!! And when I did my 3 (yes, 3, not 2!! ) days Raw, I smelt sooooooo strongly of Garlic, it was embarrassing!!
    Yes I do. That is why I only take it at bedtime or when I know I am not going anywhere.
    You know they have done studies on breastfeeding moms who regularly consumed garlic. The babies whose mothers consumed garlic nursed more than the babies whose mothers who did not consume garlic. What we eat flavors our breast milk. I guess the babies liked the garlic flavor.

Quote Marie
    My mother who came from Belize used to make me a hot tea when I was sick and was living at home. It was made of fresh ginger root, garlic and lemon. Boil water add fresh ginger and let it simmer? (I'm not sure if this is the right word). You put the garlic and lemon in just before you drink(must not boil.)
    Thanks for posting that Marie,
    I am going to have to try that occasionally. All three are good for the immune system.

I usually chop up as much raw garlic as I can handle and take it like tablets (2 - 3 cloves a day). It works wonders but OMG, the smell! It comes out in your sweat, your hair, everything! As a result, I tend to take it like this as a last resort and usually when I can limit how many poor people I have to breathe over in the next few days

Good stuff though and better than antibiotics.

Louise

u dont chew the garlic, u just swallow it like a pill? thats a good way to do it

Yeah, makes it slightly more palatable Swig it down with loads of water.

For many, many years, I've taken raw garlic, but suddenly last week I decided to give it away and neither take garlic nor onions. There's no real reason, though I notice that Ayurvedic and Tao schools don't use garlic or onions.
    Eve