Thread: 21 Day Vegan Cleanse

Default 21 Day Vegan Cleanse

Hi all!

I was wondering if anyone had read Kathy Preston's book on Quantum Wellness and have done the 21 Day cleanse. Besides giving up animal products, you also give up breads, sugar, caffeine etc.. I was just curious to know if anyone had tried this and what their results were.

Jenny
    "You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car". (Harvey Diamond)

Default Re: 21 Day Vegan Cleanse

Cleanses are a fad to be honest. Its the sort of 'I'll start tomorrow' mentality that leads to un-healthiness long term. If you're wanting to be healthy, sort out your diet and exercise and stick with it instead of trying to bomb it in 21 days.
    Also, that way you don't need to make any BIG sacrifices or anything.

Quote hanseidavid View Post
    Cleanses are a fad to be honest. Its the sort of 'I'll start tomorrow' mentality that leads to un-healthiness long term. If you're wanting to be healthy, sort out your diet and exercise and stick with it instead of trying to bomb it in 21 days.
    Also, that way you don't need to make any BIG sacrifices or anything.
    I take it you have not read the book then...

Quite the contrary... If you noticed, I posted that in November. Since then I have done the cleanse twice and my results have been quite significant. I had low energy and my blood cholesterol was on the incline, plus I needed to lose a few pounds. Not only did I lose the pounds, but I don't remember when I had felt so good in such a long time. Best, I just came from my doctor this week... Cholesterol is down from 210 to 140! This is anything but a fad. Other then animal products (which we don't eat any way), the only thing that you eliminate from your diet is caffeine, sugar and refined products, such as "white" bread. Instead it is replaced with whole grains, which we know are more healthful for the body and of course we can live without sugar and caffeine as well. Did I mention that my blood pressure had improved as well? Went from 135/80 to 110/65. Not bad eh?

I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who is looking to bump up their nutrition a few notches. This is NOT a fad diet, but healthful, sound nutrition... Lots of fruits and veggies, high protein sources such as beans, lentils, tofu etc.. and whole grains. I didn't sacrifice a thing!

But thanks anyway...

Jenny
    "You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car". (Harvey Diamond)

helen105281

Sounds great, I know I really need to cut out my caffeine, have a very bad diet coke addiction.

I hear ya! Caffeine was (and is the hardest thing for me to give up!)... When I do indulge, I only drink organic fair trade coffee's.. but minimally these days. I've been switching to herbal teas and have found them to be satisfying. The other difficult thing has been sweets!! I made some carob brownies that were off the charts though! They were made with finely grated zucchini, applesauce, mashed banana, lite soy milk, whole wheat flour and a little molasses, egg replacer and sweetner. Only 70 calories each and loaded with goodness! My husband took them to work and fed them to the carnivores.. they never knew they were even vegan or healthy! haha!!! He said people loved them! Fun!

Jenny

Sounds fab!

I think Hanseidavid was just saying that people shouldn't look towards a 21 day cleanse to sort out their diet, but rather embrace the positive changes long term and making their whole diet a better one. Some people (not saying you!) eat what they want and feel awful on it, then do a 21 day cleanse, then revert straight back to their bad diet again.

Having read your posts, I am going to look at that particular cleanse though and use it to change my diet (new year and all that!). I think I will struggle with the caffeine... any tips?!
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; those that understand binary and those that don't.

Wait, I think I sometimes eat like that "cleanse" in the summer (I never drink caffeine, or fizzy drinks, for that matter, and sugars and white flour I rarely eat in July and August), but without a "purpose". What's the purpose? Why's what I normally do in the summer a "cleanse"? Have something supposedly been happening in that time?
    context is everything

I do a 14 day juice cleanse a year and it just feels right. It's like giving my body a holiday for 14 days. Maybe I should read that book for further knowledge. Can we have the ISBN number please??

I dont' know about the ISBN number, but here's the link to the 21 day cleanse on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Wellne...2694178&sr=8-1

Here is also the link to her companion book which explains her lifestyle a bit more if you're interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Wellne...2694178&sr=8-3

I'm a relatively new vegan myself.. just a few months old. I got her book in the beginning stages to lean a little bit more. Before I became Vegan I was in very poor health and now I'm finally working my way into a more healthful lifestyle and feeling allot better. Her "challenge" was the catalyst that got me to take the plunge and do this finally. The results have been amazing for me. Plus I had to finally face that on some unconscious level I knew in my gut that it was wrong to eat animals. I’ve been a work in progress for years to get to this point.

In thinking about it a bit further, her books are really designed for a non vegetarian audience or perhaps for vegetarians who would like to bump it up a bit more and try out a vegan lifestyle. It challenges them to consider an alternative to their contemporary diets. For the more seasoned Vegans who reside on this forum, I think it's just a repeat of information that we basically already know or utilize for the most part in our every day lives. Although, we know too that being Vegan does not necessarily equate to eating healthy as there are plenty of delicious vegan "junk foods" to munch on!! - I know all too well!!!

Jenny

I dont' know about the ISBN number, but here's the link to the 21 day cleanse on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Wellne...2694178&sr=8-1

Here is also the link to her companion book which explains her lifestyle a bit more if you're interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Wellne...2694178&sr=8-3

I'm a relatively new vegan myself.. just a few months old. I got her book in the beginning stages to lean a little bit more. Before I became Vegan I was in very poor health and now I'm finally working my way into a more healthful lifestyle and feeling allot better. Her "challenge" was the catalyst that got me to take the plunge and do this finally. The results have been amazing for me. Plus I had to finally face that on some unconscious level I knew in my gut that it was wrong to eat animals. I’ve been a work in progress for years to get to this point.

In thinking about it a bit further, her books are really designed for a non vegetarian audience or perhaps for vegetarians who would like to bump it up a bit more and try out a vegan lifestyle. It challenges them to consider an alternative to their contemporary diets. For the more seasoned Vegans who reside on this forum, I think it's just a repeat of information that we basically already know or utilize for the most part in our every day lives. Although, we know too that being Vegan does not necessarily equate to eating healthy as there are plenty of delicious vegan "junk foods" to munch on!! - I know all too well!!!

Jenny