Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite vegan chocolate recipes

Default Re: Favorite vegan chocolate

Ooooh. My oven has broken, otherwise I'd go and make one RIGHT NOW!!!

Thanks Vonn Starrdust

RubyDuby

just saw this thread was bumped.
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

Default Re: Favorite Vegan chocolate

Quote Tofu Monkey View Post
    If you haven't already, you need to check out the Twilight, Jokerz and Buccaneer bars on veganstore.co.uk. I never thought it was possible to get that sort of creamy taste without the milk. It's the only vegan chocolate I like.
    A very nice person bought some of these bars for Fiona & I.

I was completely blown away by them - I really didn't think this kind of chocolate bar would be possible !

Then I saw the price -

http://www.gomaxgofoods.com/

They are a small outfit at the mo & I guess the price will come down if they sell more - bit of a catch 22.

Highly recommended if you are a chocolate head

I did some window shopping & found the cheapest P & P was from Green Valley Trading

M

powerlifer

i love the conscious chocolate range has to be the best chocolate ive tasted http://www.amlaberry.co.uk/index.php...ewCat&catId=12

although like all raw chocolate they are quite expensive in my opinion, well worth it for a treat though.

Oooohhh chocolate!!! mmm! the one that I've had is celtic dark choc from the health shop , have not tried the 'milk' choc yet & dislike 'white' choc with a passion!

Default Re: Favorite Vegan chocolate

Quote nn View Post
    i am certain that these are not vegan. well, they aren't here in nz. i read on the back of the block several times that the chocolate is made in a factory that also handles milk, therefore not vegan. same goes for maya gold.
    Hi,

'Vegan' never contained anything about avoiding products that were produced in factories that also handle non-vegan products.

Some people may want to try to extend their own lifestyle into going much further than just being vegan... but one can't just add something to the definition of vegan... or add something to the definition of 'red'. Red is red even if it has been manufactured in a factory that also handles blue.

If we should look at what the factories handle, a logical follow-up of that would be to also look at what the companies which transport their products handle, where the profit of that company goes (does it go to people or companies that handle animal products), how the workers and owners spend their money - and so on.

The same goes for paying tax. Does your tax money go to a government that also handles animal products? How does the person who sells you popcorn in a cinema spend his money? Does the owner of the movie theater use leather shoes?

Boycotting companies that also handles animal products isn't something that's baked into being vegan - and if you should avoid such companies, you wouldn't be having a computer in the first place, because the computer companies probably sell animal products in their canteens... They also use cars with tires which may contain animal produtcs, and may have linoleum on their floors. And when you walked home from the computer shop, did you check if any animal had been harmed when the sidewalk was created?

Vegans seek to exclude, as far as is possible and practical, all forms of exploitation of animals for food, clothing or any other purpose. If we should avoid anything that contains, has been in touch with, or is produced/transport by someone who also handles animal products, we would have to escape this society entirely. That's not a very practical solution!

I'm moving this thread to the Chocolate subforum now. (To the original poster: that sections contains many recipes containing chocolate! )
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

littlemiss

Default Re: Favorite vegan chocolate recipes

Found this recipe for bounty bars recently. http://www.maplespice.com/2009/01/bounty-bars.html
    Its really nice but I wouldn't add the coconut oil to the chocolate next time as I think it encouraged the chocloate to melt too easily. Also doesn't explain how to get the coconut covered in choc so nicely so next time I will dip half, then cool, then dip again. Otherwise very tasty!