Thread: Bristol Eco Veggie Fayre On Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th May 2010

Default Bristol Eco Veggie Fayre On Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th May 2010

Bristol Eco Veggie Fayre Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th May 2010

The dates for the 2010 fayre are Saturday 29th May and Sunday 30th May.

There may be a function on the Friday evening.

Fayre details can be found here initially:

http://bristol.veganfayre.co.uk/

This dedicated site will go live shortly:

www.bristol.ecoveggiefayre.co.uk

Please note that the meet-up thread can be found here:

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/sho...438#post622438

Tickets are available in advance and go on sale on March 1st from www.yaoh.co.uk

They are available at £6 per day.

If you are going – please buy your tickets early as that helps the organisers of events with their cash flow.
    Last edited by Frank; Feb 7th, 2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Added ticket sales.
    I Think, Therefore I Am A Vegan

Default Re: Bristol Eco Veggie Fayre On Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th May 2010

Prices are £6 per day or £12 for the weekend.

Bristol is set for a huge night out this summer as chart topping UK Hip Hop artist Roots Manuva headlines the Bristol Eco Veggie Fayre on Saturday May 29th at around 9pm in the Lloyds Amphitheatre.

Tickets are available in advance from www.yaoh.co.uk from March 8th 2010.

Show times: 11am-11pm Saturday May 29th and 11am-9pm Sunday May 30th.

O_o I heard people complaining that it was too expensive! What that's so cheap! I was expecting it to be much more. I can only guess they were including travel expenses etc but I live in Bath so that's not an issue lol.

I might be going with my boyfriend, he likes the sound of free samples lol but I would have to book time off work.

Oh boo I will miss it as am in Biarritz for the weekend. Why have they changed the name?

Quote jibber View Post
    Oh boo I will miss it as am in Biarritz for the weekend. Why have they changed the name?

The name change – official statement from the organisers

Many people have commented on the name change – we used to be The Bristol Vegan Fayre for 7 years, and this year we have adopted a new name – The Bristol Eco Veggie Fayre. Most comments have been favourable, some have been against. Here’s the reasoning behind the name change.

The shows were started in 2003 by Tim Barford, who chose to adopt a vegan lifestyle back in 1984, whilst part of the Stonehenge Free Festival movement. The shows originally had three main purposes

□ To create a 100% vegan festival, providing especially for the veggie vegan community in the UK
    □ To welcome people new to the veggie vegan lifestyle in a friendly and accommodating environment
    □ To create a genuine community event with loads of entertainment that attracts people from every walk of life to come together and celebrate in the true spirit of the original free festivals

Over 7 years we have achieved these three aims consistently and have attracted an approximate total of nearly 50,000 visitors to our shows

However in 2009 we did some extensive market research around Bristol and discovered that a lot of people were not coming to the show because of the name – for many people, ‘vegan’ has a lot of negative connotations, and many people are put off attending our show because of the word ‘vegan’. The people especially who were put off attending are those who are ‘hostile’ to the concept of the vegan lifestyle. By changing the name and removing the word ‘vegan’ we have immediately made the show a lot more accessible and welcoming to people new to the lifestyle, which was always a strong part of the original motivation behind these shows. Already we have seen a big increase in people expressing an interest in attending this year who are not actually veggie/vegan, which is very reassuring as this is the aim of the name change.

We decided on ‘Eco Veggie Fayre’ as it represents the new direction that the show is taking – which is Eco Friendly, Veggie Friendly and Fair Trade Friendly. For 2010 a whole new area has been opened up at the show to accommodate the new expansion into eco friendly and Fair Trade, and the aim is to build the show over the next few years to even bigger heights than we have already achieved.

The name change has gone down particularly well with our traders, who are the backbone of the show, as they see this will open the show up to new and exciting markets, and also to those veggie and vegans who are committed to sharing the benefits of the lifestyle with as many people as possible.

We want to reassure all our visitors, supporters and critics that the show will remain 100% vegan in terms of products and especially the food on offer at the show. We always do our best to ensure this is the case and will be even more stringent in our application of this rule. For the first time we are asking all our stallholders and caterers to sign a declaration that they will have only 100% plant based products on offer at the show, and all stalls will be inspected before opening.

We realise that some people are not happy with the name change but we want to reassure those people that we will keep the show vegan and build it into an even bigger and more wide reaching event and we feel that for better or worse the name change will greatly assist in that, therefore achieving our 3 original aims to an even larger degree. We hope you will understand our reasoning and support us on this

For further information about the show please visit www.bristol.ecoveggiefayre.co.uk

Hmmmm ok thanks for that.