View Poll Results: What are your fav. vegan cheese product(s)?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Planning a poll about fav. vegan cheese products. Suggestions, please!

Default Planning a poll about fav. vegan cheese products. Suggestions, please!

Hi all,

which products should be included in an upcoming poll about your favorite, vegan cheese products?
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

cobweb

Default Re: Planning a poll about fav. vegan cheese products. Suggestions, please!

cheezly - do you want all the varieties listed? - my favourite cheezlys are the mozzarella and the mature cheddar ones
    tofutti slices - i use them for pizzas

Default Re: Planning a poll about fav. vegan cheese products. Suggestions, please!

do you want all the varieties listed
    Yes, please. Thanks.

cobweb

ok
    Cheezly:
    white cheddar style blocks
    white cheddar style slices
    red cheddar style blocks
    red cheddar style slices
    cheddar style with bacon style pieces (blocks)
    garlic and herb style (blocks)
    nacho style (blocks)
    cheddar style with cranberries (blocks)
    super melting mozzarella blocks
    super melting mozzarella slices
    super melting gouda style (blocks)
    super melting edam style (blocks)
    greek style

Daiya!
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

I used to get 'Swedish Soft' made by the same people who do Swedish Glace.

It was the best soya cream cheese I have ever had but I can't find it anywhere now.

Sheese - varieties are here: http://www.buteisland.com/

(Also, since not all makes of cheese substitute are available in every country, won't this just reflect the relative numbers of members from each country rather than which product is the best? That is, the top ten may well be the ten cheese substitutes available in the country with the biggest member population - and even if every single member in, say, Holland voted for one cheese substitute, it would likely come out lower down the list than the least favourite American cheese substitute.)

veganrella
    follow your heart (various flavors)
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

Quote DiaShel View Post
    Daiya!
    I totally agree.

And for cream cheese I would definitely go with tofutti.
    tabbouleh-bouleh

Buddha Belly

Homemade

Buddha Belly

[QUOTE=
    greek style[/QUOTE]

hee hee hee

Vegerella. A rubbery vegan mozzarella type thing. Unusual in that it's made from pea protien rather than soya, and so does not have the usual stink about it.

Quite useful for melting on pizza, toast or used in vegan quiche.
    How good it is to be well-fed, healthy, and kind all at the same time. Henry J. Heimlich

I wonder if it might be worth having separate polls for the US and UK (and anywhere else that wants to join in), because I think we have some that people in the US can't easily get, and vice versa.

BlackCats

Quote DiaShel View Post
    Daiya!
    I want to try that!

Quote Cumin View Post
    Vegerella. A rubbery vegan mozzarella type thing. Unusual in that it's made from pea protien rather than soya, and so does not have the usual stink about it.
    I've never even heard of that one. I'm going to look out for it.

We Can't Say It's Cheese! All 4 types!

Edit: As requested by Korn below, here are some useful links

The website for the company is here
    It is available through Vegan Essentials and shortly with Pangea
    (The Hickory flavor is the best)
    Last edited by Wayfare; Dec 21st, 2009 at 06:21 AM. Reason: links requested

Quote harpy View Post
    I wonder if it might be worth having separate polls for the US and UK (and anywhere else that wants to join in), because I think we have some that people in the US can't easily get, and vice versa.
    Maybe that's a good idea? Or we could have one poll, but have each product listed with the location added in a parenthesis, after the name of the product - eg. Cheezly (UK), or Cheezly (Europe).

One more thing: if you have some extra time, please add a link to the product you suggest - this way I can easily include these links in the list over reply options in the poll itself. (See example above - in the not-yet-open poll!).

Who makes Vegerella and Veganrella - anyone?
    Last edited by Korn; Dec 19th, 2009 at 11:38 AM.

I've only ever seen one health food shop here which sells vegan cheese here around Bologna, and it's 25km away from me (it's in Modena). None of the supermarkets sell it.

I tried a couple of varieties from this one shop and they were both dreadful (i don't remember the brands, I'm afraid).

I've been having Pure Slices in my sandwiches lately. They go very well with salad and Salad Cream, and are inexpensive at £1.59 for ten. Pure advertised their cheesy products months ago but these have only just appeared in the last month at a local Health Food Store. It would be nice for major supermarkets to take a risk with these seeing as Pure spreads are widely available in the UK these days. The slices are also excellent on Beanburgers which I far prefer to Soya burgers.

http://www.puredairyfree.co.uk/cheeseslices.php

They also do a 'Cheese' Spread but I have yet to find anywhere that sells it.

http://www.puredairyfree.co.uk/cheesespread.php

Talking Re: Planning a poll about fav. vegan cheese products. Suggestions, please!

I don't want to vote until I try them all!! Thanks!! lol I'll be back!!

Daiya - Waiting for the wunderkids to develop Muenster, Gouda and Brie flavors LOL

I'm surprised no one has suggested Vegusto yet. I'll try to find links.

Edit: seven different kinds on this page: http://www.vegusto.co.uk/shop/2-no-moo-cheese
    Last edited by Indian Summer; Feb 1st, 2012 at 09:31 PM.

Follow Your Hear: Nacho Gourmet! That's my all time favorite! Gives my meals a Mexican kick!!!

Galaxy Nutritional Vegan Veggie Slices are good too (especially pepperjack).

I love spicy food & spices in general.

I was going to suggest separate polls for the US and Europe as you can't get several of those listed here but I see I would be repeating myself

For the Euro one, I would definitely add Vegusto (which I'd vote for) as suggested by Indian Summer, and also Vegourmet (which I wouldn't).

Quote Korn View Post
    Who makes Vegerella and Veganrella - anyone?
    Vegerella is made by a company called Biddy Merkins, I dont think they have a website but you can see it here. I tried it once. It was exceptionally bad.

wow i really should try some of these - i've tried a few and hated them (especially pure soft cheese spread - made me feel ill for days) but i feel as though i'm missing out!

although i don't miss cheese and the thought of it kind of grosses me out...

I second that. We don't have some of the brands you listed here in the US. :/ I think Daiya, Follow Your Heart and anything Galaxy Nutritional is probably the most commonly used by vegans (in the US).

Here in the US, I think Daiya cheddar is pretty good for things like vegan grilled cheese sandwiches; Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet Mozzarella style is great eating straight up or on crackers (FYH melts, but it needs help...) I've tried Mozzarella style Sheese, but I'm not too impressed with it. I've also tried Mozzarella style Cheezly, and I wasn't too fond of that either. It was OK, but not great.

Speaking of vegan cheese, has anyone ever heard of "
    T. Kroon & Fils" from Holland? It claims it's vegan and the ingredients check out, but my friends and I are skeptical...it is TOO much like real dairy cheese to be vegan...

I'm new to being a vegan. Can you recommend the nicest vegan cheeses.

I've found a brand called Violife. It is absolutly delicious!!! The best I've tried, normally I didn't enjoy the others... sometimes Vegusto, but not as good as this one, I really recommend to taste it. And it is soya, palm oil and gluten free!!!

http://www.violife.gr/

Quote Jara View Post
    And it is soya, palm oil and gluten free!!!
    But those are all the best bits!!!
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth