Thread: Is Santa Claus vegan?

leedsveg

Question Is Santa Claus vegan?

I don't want to poo on anyone's party but how many on VF have asked themselves whether or not, that whiskery old geezer aka Father Christmas, is a vegan?

My money says that he's NOT for the following reasons:

i) His boots must be made of leather. I know they could be faux-leather from Vegetarian Shoes, Freerangers or MooShoes but he seems to have been wearing the same pair since long before these companies existed.

ii) He uses animals to transport his sleigh. Perhaps these are rescued reindeer but it doesn't alter the fact that he is using animals.

iii) Some families leave out milk and non-vegan mince pies which being consumed by Father Christmas, must mean that he cannot be vegan.

As for contributing to global warming by hurtling round the earth at thousands of miles per hour, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Anyway, I've said my piece, so I hope that all VF members with young children will send Santa packing this year, only to return if and when he goes vegan.

As for me, on Christmas Eve, I'll be sat in front of the tv, chewing humbug and watching a DVD of It's a Wonderful Life!

Seasons greetings to all!

lv

Default Re: Is Santa Claus vegan?

Well seeing that its debatable of his existence we could make up our own Vegan-Claus who instead rides a bicycle across the atlantic via the bike lane from Copenhagen to New York.

and of course accept only vegan friendly food from families.

He would deliver recycled toys to children and ermm Idk spread animal rights and general goodness across the land.

He might be in the likeness of sheldon brown, late and famous bicycle mechanic from Massachusetts. However unlike Sheldon he'd be a vegan.

Also, santa wear fur! How could you forget?

Off topic note: Sheldon Brown died? I didn't know that. That's so sad!
    context is everything

ooh i agree he is not vegan, he definitely always drank the eggnog and ate the cookies i put out for him! unless he has had a change of heart since i was a kid... which was a while ago!

someone else has considered this - haha:

10 Reasons Santa Should Go Vegan

Buddha Belly

Quote leedsveg View Post
    I don't want to poo on anyone's party but how many on VF have asked themselves whether or not, that whiskery old geezer aka Father Christmas, is a vegan?

My money says that he's NOT for the following reasons:

i) His boots must be made of leather. I know they could be faux-leather from Vegetarian Shoes, Freerangers or MooShoes but he seems to have been wearing the same pair since long before these companies existed.

ii) He uses animals to transport his sleigh. Perhaps these are rescued reindeer but it doesn't alter the fact that he is using animals.

iii) Some families leave out milk and non-vegan mince pies which being consumed by Father Christmas, must mean that he cannot be vegan.

As for contributing to global warming by hurtling round the earth at thousands of miles per hour, it doesn't bear thinking about.

Anyway, I've said my piece, so I hope that all VF members with young children will send Santa packing this year, only to return if and when he goes vegan.

As for me, on Christmas Eve, I'll be sat in front of the tv, chewing humbug and watching a DVD of It's a Wonderful Life!

Seasons greetings to all!

lv

Did someone not get a present from Santa last year?!?!?!?!

Quote erynne936 View Post
    ooh i agree he is not vegan, he definitely always drank the eggnog and ate the cookies i put out for him! unless he has had a change of heart since i was a kid... which was a while ago!

someone else has considered this - haha:

10 Reasons Santa Should Go Vegan

Like the link. The only response I've got to some of the comments is (Not to the anti-vegan's comments that's expected) But Felicia , I love the bit "Many individuals think that the premise or story of Santa is a total untrut" has she had a sense of humour by-pass?

leedsveg

Quote xrodolfox View Post
    Also, santa wears fur! How could you forget?
    I was going to mention it but all the fur I've seen on Santa in the last 50+ years has looked very faux-fur to me. (Come to think of it, his beard looked very 'faux' as well.)

Yes, Buddha Belly, Santa brought me a present last year: 100lbs of humbug. Each year I think I can't detest Christmas more than I did the previous year but each year I manage it! Every year, around October-time I say to my wife, 'Why don't we go to North Korea, or Mali for Christmas?' but each year we're stuck in bloody Leeds.

Made a bit of a booboo on the Chritmas front last year when I forgot to have a bucket of cold water ready by the door for the first group of carol singers.

lv

(Just remembered that up to 10 years ago, the name of the lady who ran the home for senior citizens, just down the road was Mary Christmas!)