Thread: Vegan Bradford

Default Vegan Bradford

Hi,

I am moving up to Bradford in Jan 2010 for a new job. I will be checking out the vegan scene and reporting back here with my finds.

I have got this info from the Bradford Vegetarian Information Centre.

I notice a few people live in Leeds, and in other parts of Yorkshire, so that will be useful I feel like traveling around.

Thanks,

Burntfruit.
    Last edited by Burntfruit; Dec 26th, 2009 at 08:59 PM.

leedsveg

Default Re: Vegan Bradford.

Hi Burntfruit

Unfortunately the list was compiled in 2000 so is well out of date. Give Atma Trasi a ring and he should be able to give you more up to date info.

Leeds Veggie & Vegan Society has a website for eating places in the north of England and I think that is reasonably up to date.

Good wishes

leedsveg

Default Re: Vegan Bradford

Hello Burntfruit

come to one of the Leeds Veg meetings...we've just sorted the schedule for this year and it should be up on our website soon.

Visit the treehouse opposite Bradford Uni when they offer a Sunday roast...it's amazing value for money and the food is so nice.

sorry forgot to put our website on: www.leedsveg.co.uk

Thanks - I think I will come along.
    Thanks,

Burntfruit

we'll be having a chocolate feast on the 7th February ... not to be missed...

Quote daydreamdoll View Post
    we'll be having a chocolate feast on the 7th February ... not to be missed...
    I just moved up last week...so missed that one.

I let Sophie@leedsveg know I was around and see gave me the schedule. So..I will probably go to the next meet up in March.
    Thanks,

Burntfruit

Quote Burntfruit View Post
    I just moved up last week...so missed that one.

I let Sophie@leedsveg know I was around and see gave me the schedule. So..I will probably go to the next meet up in March.

Lol I am Sophie , see you Sunday if you fancy.

friendly fri

Try Tulsi Indian veggie restaurant beneath big screen in centenary square, Bradford..good food nicely made and prepared.
    :D :)

Hey there,

I'm a bit late replying here but I know some places. I lived there for a few years whilst at uni.

If you're into Indian there's an amazing place called Prashad. They're fully vegetarian/vegan Indian food. In my opinion, the best Indian in Bradford. Really nice people too, they always used to give me free starters/snacks if I picked up my food for takeaway. Another is Tulsi like the person above me said. Their food's great too and you can either choose from a buffet or a menu.

As far as other places to eat in Bradford there's the Treehouse cafe up near the university but last I heard they were in difficult times and were only selling drinks and cakes. There's also the 1 in 12 club up near the Morissons that's in the town centre. They have a vegan cafe thing every Saturday.

I think those were the safest places to eat. I'd highly recommend going to Leeds too since you're so close to it. Hansas is amazing!!! They're a vegetarian/vegan Indian and their food is gorgeous! Lots of places in Leeds. If you don't want to go as far as Leeds go to Sowerby Bridge to the Dandelion and Burdock. They're a fully vegan restaurant and have a menu of constantly changing food.

Of course, you can find the details for all these places and more here - http://www.veggieplaces.co.uk/
    "As long as the world shall last there will be wrongs, and if no one objected and no one rebelled, those wrongs would last forever."

friendly fri

Great post Zombryn.
    There used to be a place on Thornton rd too, with an art gallery by the side of it.
    Dont recall name, but they were totally veggie.
    They used to look with disdain at me wqhen i asked for vegan.

friendly fri

ooops..just been on tulsi website and its under new management, it sells meat now as well as veg dishes.Previous owners were clearly struggling as local populace isnt exactly veggie friendly.
    Sad to see economic factors being used to turn a veggie place into a carnivores place.

leedsveg

Quote friend View Post
    There used to be a place on Thornton rd too, with an art gallery by the side of it.
    Dont recall name, but they were totally veggie.
    They used to look with disdain at me when i asked for vegan.
    This must be South Square in Thornton village. Sorry for your bad experience(s) but I've been going there for years and they've always been ok with me. Not sure why they'd have a down on vegans because there's always vegan items on the menu.

lv

As an aside to this thread... are there any decent pubs left in either Bradford or Leeds? I've not been to either or those places in a while...
    Born to Lose - Live to Win!

friendly fri

Indeed, south square.
    Thanks leedsveg.

Not sure about pubs but the playhouse in Bradford (near Cineworld) is an amazing volunteer run club.
    "As long as the world shall last there will be wrongs, and if no one objected and no one rebelled, those wrongs would last forever."