Thread: low cal/high fat diet

Default low cal/high fat diet

So I have been keeping track of my food on:
    http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov
    Which is an o.k. site. I haven't really thought about calories and fat since becoming vegan, but since I have hit a platue with wieght loss decided to start watching my calories and fat content.

When I was omni my fat content vs calorie was at about 10 to 20% of my calories coming from fat. My vegan diet is more like 40%! Shocking! So now I know why I am at a stand still. Guess I will cut out a little of my olive oil, Earth's Balance and peanut butter.

On the good side my calorie intake is way less than when I was omni. Guess all those veggies and grains don't have very many calories.
    Cows milk for baby cows, Human milk for baby humans.

Zero

Default Re: low cal/high fat diet

If you are using a lot of olive oil that could account for a lot, 1 tbsp of olive oil has around 120 calories, obviously nuts and nut butters are much the same. It sounds like you are on the right track, eat less of the fats and more fruit and vegetables

Default Re: low cal/high fat diet

Quote imblissful View Post
    ...When I was omni my fat content vs calorie was at about 10 to 20% of my calories coming from fat. My vegan diet is more like 40%! Shocking! So now I know why I am at a stand still. Guess I will cut out a little of my olive oil, Earth's Balance and peanut butter....
    I also got to a weight plateau after a year or so of being vegan, but when I stopped counting the calories/saturated fat. I think it's easy to convince yourself that you're doing nothing wrong while using olive oil, sunflower marg and scoffing nuts all over the place....(in a weight loss capacity at least).

Good luck with cutting down, this is something I need to really concentrate on the next few weeks I think!
    "I am not mystical: it isn’t as if I thought it had a spirit. It is simply in its element. That gives it a kingliness, a right." [Sylvia Plath]