Thread: The Vegetable Bible (Sophie Grigson)

Thumbs up The Vegetable Bible (Sophie Grigson)

The Vegetable Bible

Whilst this isn't a vegan cookbook per se, I wanted to mention it as I bought it recently and think it's wonderful.... It's especially useful if you're a veg box user and, like me, are occasionally faced with mystery veg you have no idea what to do with. It splits (almost) every vegetable you can realistically purchase in the UK into different families and gives info & various preparation instructions for each one.

I often feel like I'm stuck in a bit of a vegetable rut, in terms of making the most of them and not just treating them exclusively as side dishes, so it's giving me lots of good ideas.

There are some recipes with meat & dairy in, but there are many that are vegan friendly and really it's the info about the vegetables that's most important.
    Last edited by fooldramaqueen; Jan 9th, 2010 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Forgot to link :D
    "I am not mystical: it isn’t as if I thought it had a spirit. It is simply in its element. That gives it a kingliness, a right." [Sylvia Plath]

Default Re: The Vegetable Bible (Sophie Grigson)

I wonder how similar it is to her "Eat Your Greens", which I love. Will have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!
    First it was necessary to civilize man in relation to man.
    Now it is necessary to civilize man in relation to nature and the animals.
    Victor Hugo