Thread: Pogo Cafe - London

Lightbulb Pogo Café needs volunteers! (uk)

The Pogo cafe, London’s best vegan café is looking for new volunteers for kitchen, front of house and admin work. In exchange you will receive training, Pogo merchandise, experience and wonderful free food. For more information contact Laura / 0845 345 0266 / 07761 770 997.

www.pogocafe.co.uk

i'd go and volunteer if i lived in london. gotta find some way to meet a vegan chick before i get (even) old(er) and die!

PinkFluffyCloud

Ooh, yeah, almost the end of another Tofu year, eh??

cheers Gert, if only i lived in London i'd do it

my friend lives near Pogo and went to a vegan meet-up there the other day. she sent me a cool sticker she got there that says in Sex Pistols-style "Pretty Vegan - Never Mind the B******s"

'bout time we got a vegan cafe in Brighton!!!
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Kevster

I'm going to try and visit next time i'm London way,

K

Smile Pogo Cafe - London

FREE vegan food for everyone!

Sponsored by London Animal Action.

12am to 4pm, Tuesday 15th Feb. Be there! To be held at Pogo's , 76 Clarence Road, Hackney, London E5 8HB

Click HERE for directions.

Ph: 020 8533 1214, Email: @info@pogocafe.co.uk

Oh My God They Have An Amazing Playlist, I Love Them
    please could you stop the noise? i'm trying to get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head.

Wow, Ok, You Write In Capitals And It Changes It To This..

i can't go to the valentines thing or the free thing i am so sad i am going to bein a different country so i miss both man
    please could you stop the noise? i'm trying to get some rest from all the unborn chicken voices in my head.

my friend who lives in London will be going. i'd go up there and join her if only i could afford to get there
    'The word gorilla was derived from the Greek word Gorillai (a "tribe of hairy women")'

Default From www.veganvillage.co.uk

SPRING RAW FOOD FEAST AT POGO CAFE

Tuesday 22nd March 7pm - 11pm. Celebrate the Spring Equinox with a gathering centred around a huge, delicious organic eat-your-fill raw food buffet. Arrive from 7pm. An opening circle at 7.30pm will welcome everyone to the event. Feasting will follow, with chill-out till the 11pm close. Organic raw buffet £8. Pogo Cafe, 76 Clarence Road, Hackney, London E5 8HB, 020 8533 1214. www.pogocafe.co.uk

Pogocafe will also be at the Heart of England Vegan Festival on June 18th, just in case I forgot to say about the fest .

St Patricks Day = This Thursday........

Celebrate St Patricks Night at Pogo Cafe

Live Music with Celtic Band "Perhaps Not" playing from 8.30pm onwards.

Irish Menu including mushroom and stout pie, irish stew and yummy irish
    desserts

Special late night opening- last orders at 9.30 pm

To book email me or call Pogos on 0208 533 1214

Ah gwan, gwan gwan gwan, gwan gwan gwan gwan gwan gwan gwan......

Quote gertvegan
    FREE vegan food for everyone!

12am to 4pm, Tuesday 15th Feb.
    damn i was in london (and brighton) today but didn't have time to get there for free nosh.

pogo cafe sounds like a really cool place and i hope to get down there before long.

Quote Tofu Monster
    damn i was in london (and brighton) today but didn't have time to get there for free nosh.
    Get around a bit don't you Tofu Did you get your piercing......sorry wrong topic! Going to London at the end of May, you'd think I would get there more often living in Essex, but I hate the place. Must look up the list of places to eat and drag my family in there for something GOOD to eat!

how could you hate it?? it is a wonderful place!

Default Re: Pogo Cafe - London

2nd May from 7pm - MC LIBEL DVD - screening and talk

Pogo Cafe will be showing the new documentary, McLIBEL, which is the inside story of how a single father and a part-time bar worker took on the McDonald's Corporation. Filmed over three years, the documentary follows Helen Steel and Dave Morris as they are transformed from anonymous campaigners against the fast food giant into unlikely global heroes. Struggling to defend themselves in the longest trial in English history, the pair face infiltration by spies, secret meetings with corporate executives, 40,000 pages of background reading and a visit from Ronald McDonald.

Using interviews with witnesses and reconstructions of key moments in court, the film examines the main issues of the trial - nutrition, animals, advertising, employment, the environment - and the implications for freedom of speech.

Helen and Dave will be present.

For a bit more info about Mclibel, see here.

And who are Helen and Dave?

Oh, I should really go there at some point, it's only in Hackney right? Pretty close. I have just never got around to it.

Talking Pogo Cafe

This weekend I was in London and we made the trip to Hackney to visit the pogo cafe. It was wonderful! It was in a kind of run down street, but the inside had plenty of character, the staff were lovely, and there was an anti-coca-cola exhibition on, th room was lined with some wonderful artwork. The food was delicious, I had tortilla chips and my girlfriend had the tofu burger. She wasn't too impresed (meat-eater ) But I thought both meals were lovely and tasty. The almond milkshake was absolutely to die for! It was the most delicious drink I think I have ever tasted!

I would seriously recommend this place to anyone and everyone!

Default Re: Pogo Cafe

Im really looking forward to going there. Im definately going to make the effort this summer!
    I live in Uxbridge and Hackney by train is quite far, so whenever i've been in London ive always gone somewhere else to eat. I attempted to drag my ex there once because hes a vegan as well but he hates hackney. Mew Theres supposedly a nice selection of contemporary galleries around there as well
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Default Re: Pogo Cafe

Pogo are catering at our festival in Birmingham- wow, I hope they do some almond smoothies. I have had their sushi in the past, and their gluten free cake.

Yesterday I made my son sushi, and for the first time he liked it. Somehow we ate five times as much as we should have done, and he ended up lying on the floor, doing a vegan version of Homer Simpson. "Hmmmm, Sushi!" He is going to wuffle them all up in Birmingham, so better get there early.

Default From www.veganvillage.co.uk

AUTUMN EQUINOX RAW FOOD FEAST AT POGO CAFE, HACKNEY

TUESDAY 20TH SEPTEMBER, 7PM

Take a huge, delicious vegan, organic eat-your-fill raw food buffet. Add a juice bar and wide choice of herb teas. What a mix.raw power! Arrive from 7pm. An opening circle at 7.30pm will welcome everyone to the event and connect with the magic of the Equinox. Feasting will follow, with chill-out until the 11pm close. A smoke and booze free event. Feast £8. Pogo Café, 76 Clarence Road, Hackney, London E5 8HB Tel: 020 8533 1214

www.pogocafe.co.uk

From www.veganvillage.co.uk

Pogo Cafe

The Pogo Cafe is a volunteer-run vegan outpost in an unfriendly carnivorous world. We have been spreading the vegan gospel in practical and tasty terms now for almost two years. We've done catering at events, stalls at gigs and festivals, free cookbooks and much else besides just the cafe. Due to recent staff loses we're in urgent need of new energy. In fact if we don't get more help asap we'll close! If you want to stand up for veganism and help put it out into the wider community as real alternative then Pogo is an ideal tool for that desire. Come and help even if its only one shift a week! www.pogocafe.co.uk

GoatBoy

Default Go and eat at the pogo

becasue I work there

76 clarence road hackney.

they don't know me as goatboy there, just plain old doug.
    Last edited by flutterby; Oct 3rd, 2006 at 11:21 PM. Reason: this was the 1st post in a similar thread

I'm going to be in London, on my way to Italy, between Oct. 25 and 27. I think I may eat at Pogo every day. For those of you who eat there: what do you recommend?

the punk burger!

and some cake

I really should drop in there one evening...

i wish i lived in north london - i would totally work there..

hope you get staff - don't close unless you have to!

amanda

Been meaning to check this place out for awhile. When I have money I'll definately pop down. Only 30mins on the train and I could just roll over to camden afterwards.
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

Do you still need volunteers there? Or is this just an old message?

They AAAALWAYS need volunteers! Drop them a line:

www.pogocafe.co.uk

Stu

I think I'm probably gonna volunteer there too (if I ever get a spare few hours...)

So some of you may be interested to read about what's been going down at pogo recently:

clicky

Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

I think you'd be looking for this thread:

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26060

"Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Damn!!! I searched and you still beat me to it. Snazzy so 'n so
    Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

Morning all, or afternoon Pogo is constantly looking for people to volunteer, it's a great gig and you'll learn loads too but, it is working and it in your spare time.

I think it's the nature of the 'trying to do things in a different way' model that will lead periodic upheavals- there's a strong effort to run things on a consensus basis with vegan outreach, good food, doing things differently and being a cool place to hang out pretty much at the heart of the place

if you are interested, please email pogocafe@googlemail.com or PM me

J.

I wish Justin! I'm incredibly busy ATM but I have re-posted this on my Facebook page which has an abundance of vegans!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

Good morning

We have a vegan café in Hackney- Pogo café- and we need volunteers to help with our collective, not for profit, vegan project.

We have lots of roles and responsibilities as well as one off projects that we need people, to manage and run, if we are to stay open. We do movies, have acoustic evenings, yoga classes, talks- all for free, and make great food and drinks too and sell these on a not for profit basis.

The collective changes constantly and you have the opportunity to be much, or as little, involved as works best for you

If you’d like to be involved- please get in touch:

pogocafe@gmail.com

Cheers
    J