Thread: Ginseng

Default Ginseng

So, I bought some lifeplan high strenght Siberian ginseng today. Anyone have any experience with it that they'd like to share with me? I don't know much about ginseng to be honest, I've been feeling a bit worn out lately and thought it might help.
    Todays empires, tomorrows ashes...

Default Re: Ginseng

This is probably too late for you Barry, but for anyone else that might be interested, ginseng had absolutely no effect on me. It was just a waste of money. Get enough sleep, eat properly and take a multivitamin, Anything other than that is a waste of money.
    Veganism is the application of the abolitionist principle to the life of the individual. It is not an option; it is essential. — Gary Francione

Actually I found it helped a small bit, cheers for the reply though. I just needed an energy boost at the time, I was finishing off my dissertation and was under a lot of pressure. I did notice a slight energy lift after I took some, nothing earth shattering mind...
    Todays empires, tomorrows ashes...

I have a body/hair oil (mainly jojoba with some sesame and castor oil blended in) infused with ginseng. I use it on my hair from time to time, it makes my hair looks super healthy. But I haave no experiences with taking it internally.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

powerlifer

You are best to go with the raw powder rather than the pills if ginseng didnt work its likely it was poor quality ginseng.

the adaptogenic herbs such as siberian ginseng, jiaogulan(my fav), schizandra berries(2nd fav), maca root, ashwagandha etc. are all great for restoring adrenal gland function and increasing energy. They all come with there own host of different benefits.

JC

Has anyone ever tried ashwagandha root? I sometimes have a raw bar called 'bliss bar' which contains it and it really makes me feel blissed out! I was considering getting the capsules, it's that good!