Thread: Anybody here read this book?

Default Anybody here read this book?

I know there is a separate section regarding books, but I chose this forum because I am curious if anybody here in the U.S. has read the book "Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About? by Kevin Trudeau. I strongly recommend reading this book. It is not about veganism, but is about health, but oh so much more. It will astound you.
    All about the animals, Lucia

Default Re: Anybody here read this book?

I've heard of it and glanced through it. I know some people who have read it and been surprised by it. I've always been into natural cures. If you enjoyed Trudeau's book you might want to check out Suzanne Somers books. I recently read Breakthrough by her and she has a new one out called Knockout. She's gotten just as much heat, if not more, as Trudeau for championing natural medicine.

I've never heard of it, but it sounds really interesting. Thanks for letting us know about it. I'm going to see if our library has it.

It had very bad reviews on Amazon... I suggest anyone checks it out very thoroughly before committing financially.

Was not he the guy who just admitted to making it all up? I am interested in non-allopathic cures, but I also do not trust anything that claims it is a panacea.
    context is everything

I saw this on Amazon, and from the reviews, I got the impression that it's just a gimmick.

My dad loves Kevin Trudeau. I think he's a right quack.
    Either this wallpaper goes, or I do.

Have just been reading about him on Wikipedia (ETA the neutrality of the article is disputed, of course.)

Kevin Trudeau is a hack. sorry. All he did was compile a bunch of info he knows nothing about to make a quick buck on a trend. His "research" consisted of asking a bunch of doctors stuff and writing down everything he was told, didn't discriminate known facts from ill-researched info, or even commonly known info from several doctors experiences from a SINGLE case report. AND didn't know enough about what he was writing so wrote some things that are actually true in a very scewed and misrepresented way.

The only thing in that book worth heeding is VERY common sense and tried and true common old school remedies, IMHO.