Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Vegan London, Part Three

Default Re: Vegan London, Part Three

Despite the cold today, I couldn't resist trying the vegan frozen yoghurt at Tutti Frutti on Bedford Street WC2. They've got 3 flavours: natural, banana and latte. It's one of those places where you serve yourself, add your own toppings and then pay by weight. Delicious

Quote teaboy View Post
    vegan frozen yoghurt at Tutti Frutti on Bedford Street WC2. They've got 3 flavours: natural, banana and latte.
    Wow, vegan frozen yoghurt sounds great! They are some interesting flavours!
    Houmous atá ann!

Please help spread the word...

No, not Grease.

Quote London Vegan Campaigns
    This year's London Vegan Pledge will take place between 12th May and 9th June. Can you help spread the word?

The Vegan Pledge is an event where members of the public go vegan for a month with help and support. In the past, many of the participants have stayed vegan once the Pledge has finished. Please let all your friends and family know, who might be thinking about trying vegan, that they can now sign up online via www.vegancampaigns.org.uk/pledge.

Also, please contact info@vegancampaigns.org.uk if you are able to display or distribute leaflets for the Vegan Pledge at your college, university, workplace, library, community centre, wholefood shop, restaurant, or anywhere else. Or if you would like to help distribute leaflets but don't know where, we can supply you with a list of places which have displayed them in the past. Thank you!

Let the music mend our minds. Let the music bend our minds.

Wow, so glad I found this thread. I will be moving to London in September and already have so many places I want to eat out at!

If anyone knows of any rooms to rent in a veggie/vegan household could you please let me know? My budget is around 400/500 a month and I'm looking for somewhere not too far a commute to High Holburn. I'm 26, going to London to study shoe design. I'm really friendly and love cooking and being creative, so I'd love to be in a household of friendly, like minded people

It's a great place to be vegan, no doubt

Good luck for the house hunting and hopefully see you at an event or meet at some point in the near future.

Welcome to the forum btw.

Anybody looking for a bit of inkage, wholeheartedly recommend Fifth Dimension Tattoo in Shoreditch. Super friendly, professional, oh, and:

2. We are a vegan tattoo and piercing studio: All of our tattoo inks, tattoo aftercare, and piercing aftercare are naturally derived from plant & vitamin extracts and are 100% vegan. The only inks we use in our studio are Intenze and Eternal and Kuro Sumi, and we stock BPA piercing aftercare and Hustle Butter tattoo aftercare. Even our petroleum jelly, Green Soap, and stencil transfer solution by Stencil Stuff has no additives so you can be sure that while you are being tattooed, the entire process is vegan.

I am going to be in London for a few days in mid-September (won't be there for VegFest I'm afraid ), so let me know if there is anything fun going on!
    Houmous atá ann!

Quote Gwydion View Post
    Anybody looking for a bit of inkage, wholeheartedly recommend Fifth Dimension Tattoo in Shoreditch. Super friendly, professional, oh, and:
    As I already told you earlier Gwyds - I DEMAND PICCIES!!!

ETA: I just saw the pic of the one you got today, you should TOTALLY post it on here.

Quote Blueberries View Post
    I am going to be in London for a few days in mid-September (won't be there for VegFest I'm afraid ), so let me know if there is anything fun going on!
    We must go out for food or drinks or something. What dates are you over? There's a hike and picnic September 15th for example. Keep your eye on London Vegan Meetup if wanting to know what is going down socially - new events are added all the time.

Quote Peabrain View Post
    As I already told you earlier Gwyds - I DEMAND PICCIES!!!

ETA: I just saw the pic of the one you got today, you should TOTALLY post it on here.
    Can you see this thread? Not sure if you need to be signed up to anything in particular, let me know if not.

Quote Gwydion View Post
    We must go out for food or drinks or something. What dates are you over? There's a hike and picnic September 15th for example. Keep your eye on London Vegan Meetup if wanting to know what is going down socially - new events are added all the time.
    I'll PM you. If anyone else will be in London LMK!
    Houmous atá ann!

I'm usually in London Bb, would be nice to meet you. Am useless about getting to the meetups but there's a first time for everything!

Quote Gwydion View Post
    Can you see this thread?
    Yep, your tattoos are gawjus.

Thank you PB!

me and mrs twinkle toes were sad to find out that pogo cafe has closed down, it was their last day today. there is some info on their facebook group about the decision to close, which was due to a lack of people willing to volunteer regularly to keep the place running. anyway i just thought i would post here in case anybody not living locally reads this thread and is planning on going there any time soon. what a shame

I went to the Wholefoods on Kensington High Street today, it's massive! I was so overwhelmed!
    Houmous atá ann!

Unhappy Re: Vegan London, Part Three

I just read that Saf in Kensington is closing down

Quote Saf Website
    To all our valued customers, partners and followers; we regret to inform you that Saf Restaurant & Bar is closing its doors indefinitely due to financial reasons. Please keep following us for news & developments of Saf Express as well as our other offerings.

Thank you,
    The Saf Team
    That was our favourite place to eat, and I loved not having to worry about finding vegan options on an omni/veggie menu
    I'll be in London on Sunday and am not sure where to have lunch now. Where are your favourites?

the sat already closed down bout a month ago, unfortunately. it was the favourite place to many.

the in spiral lounge is always nice, actually my favourite place. you find it at the camden canal.
    http://vegangothfairy.wordpress.com

Quote Elahiya View Post
    the sat already closed down bout a month ago, unfortunately. it was the favourite place to many.

the in spiral lounge is always nice, actually my favourite place. you find it at the camden canal.
    I was only there at the beginning of Feb. I must've caught it just before it shut :-(
    Thanks for the tip, I will look the place up

222 is also jolly nice, and not too far from where Saf was

Quote harpy View Post
    222 is also jolly nice, and not too far from where Saf was
    Thanks for that too harpy. Dinner there looks yummy. What sort of thing do they serve for the lunch buffet?

Hmm, I'm trying to remember what I had the one time I went to 222 for lunch, but I'm afraid I can't. I know it was good though! Not an elaborate buffet like (say) Tibits, but satisfying. (I do go there quite often, but for dinner.)

Does anyone go to the London Vegan Potlucks on the first Wednesday of the month? I'm thinking of coming to the next one but I'm going to be mooching round London all day so am going to have to think of something light-ish that won't need refrigeration. Are cookies acceptable, d'you reckon?