Thread: New Documentary "Forks Over Knives"

Talking New Documentary "Forks Over Knives"

There's a new documentary coming out soon with Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, T. Colin Campbell, and others promoting a vegan diet for good health and as a remedy to the chronic diseases in America. It will be released nationwide sometime in the next 12 months.

Check it out! http://healthandwellnessnewsnow.blog...e-trailer.html

Default Re: New Documentary "Forks Over Knives"

Everywhere I looked it just said 2011, do you have any idea when?

leedsveg

Hi Charlotte and welcome to the forum. Tcorsonk has not posted on the forum since he left the message about the documentary so he may not see and answer your query. Are you able to go into his profile and email him? If this doesn't work, I think you may have to do a bit of heavy googling and perhaps emailing to get your answer. Good luck and good wishes.

Leedsveg

Hi Charlotte as far as I'm aware Forks over Knives is only being released in America at the moment.

I live in Saskatchewan, Canada, and I've pretty much resigned myself to wait until it comes out on DVD. That probably won't be for a while, since it still has to tour the American circuit. I checked the website and it's also hitting some big Canadian cities too, like Toronto.

I saw a poster for a screening of the film when I was in Washington DC last week - I think it was just a one-off screening (earlier in May) rather than a conventional release in cinemas. They seem to have a Facebook page so perhaps you could ask on there if any UK screenings are planned, Charlotte? Their main website has links to Facebook, Twitter etc http://forksoverknives.com/

Hello Harpy,

they had screenings for a long time (obviously the launch was held up) but now they are in major cinemas in the US, I hear. Still no idea when it will come to Europe.
    There's another similar film, 'Planeat', however, that was recently launched in the UK (and US I guess). Do a forum search for that one.

Best regards,
    Andy

Quote Andy_T View Post
    Hello Harpy,

they had screenings for a long time (obviously the launch was held up) but now they are in major cinemas in the US, I hear. Still no idea when it will come to Europe.
    There's another similar film, 'Planeat', however, that was recently launched in the UK (and US I guess). Do a forum search for that one.

Best regards,
    Andy
    I just saw Planeat, and would reccomend that to anyone it was fantastic. I had a reply on facebook regarding the release, they don't know if it will be in cinemas but the DVD will come out in Autumn time and you can buy that in the UK

In case it's of any interest to anyone, they have a Twitter account you could follow to find out about screenings etc. - @ForksOverKnives
    I like football. And potatoes.

This is on Netflix now. You can watch it streaming or have it sent to you.
    Or purchase it online.
    I asked my local library to carry it as well so it reaches more people.
    I think it's ideal to show to those people who tell you that it's not possible to be healthy without consuming dairy and/or meat.

I was able to view it on YouTube

adam.rurka

^Got the link?

It was moving around a lot at the time, but I'll see if I can find one that works....brb
    Last edited by Beanie Babe; Sep 24th, 2011 at 12:40 AM. Reason: missing word

Well, the links I used before were floating around facebook....no clue how to find them now (been a couple weeks or more since...). I'm thinking they were being posted by people who weren't actually authorized to distribute.

i have seen this documentary and i love it! i am going to try to read one of dr. essleston's books very soon. i cant believe how many patients he helped by simply prescribing a vegan diet. what an amazing testament to the benefits of vegaism

Quote adam.rurka View Post
    ^Got the link?
    There's a trailer here and here.
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Watched this yesterday. I found it pretty dull and already knew most of the stuff mentioned in it but I'm sure it would be of interest to a few omni's with open minds.
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

I thought it was interesting that they use 'plant-based diet' instead of vegan. They seemed overly deliberate about this.

Quote theveggiemonster View Post
    I thought it was interesting that they use 'plant-based diet' instead of vegan. They seemed overly deliberate about this.
    I have watched it and I noticed that too. I think its a great movie and definitely a step in the right direction but it is about a Plant based diet not Veganism truly.

I guess it might if being Vegan is only about food and you ignore the other aspects. I think its a great way to start people on the way to veganism by dispelling all of the health myths people are always shoving on us. Then when they read more into the books each person wrote (who were in the movie) they will learn about the animals and then onto animal rights and so on.....

Either way the animals will be left alone

LG
    If you don't stick to your values when they're being tested, they're not values—they're hobbies. ~ Jon Stewart .

Agreed. I personally didn't become a vegan because of animal rights so I do think that it's important to offer up a plethora of reasons why veganism is relevant, but I just found the diction in the film interesting. When Campbell was talking about rape racks and forced impregnation it started heading towards animal rights and then it just dropped off which I found quite strange! My view is if you're going to go there then go there, don't just drop a little tidbit and then move back to human health, you know?

Amy

I watched it last week and I liked it. I hope meat-eaters watch it too, they can maybe have lots of their questions answered by it.