Thread: Kinnerton eggs?

Default Kinnerton eggs?

We've bought these at our local Waitrose each year since moving to the UK, but this year, they appear not to be selling them! (I asked)

Has anyone seen these around? Not the milk chocolate ones, of course, but the non-dairy ones, usually with The Simpsons and some sort of fairy on them.

Default Re: Kinnerton eggs?

Only got milk chocolate Simpsons ones here too. The only option in my local supermarket is a Divine egg that's £5/6

I found some in Maidstone Sainsbury. They are Tigger themed with the jellies. They were in the Free-from section - £1.99 for 90g.
    Strangely the packaging isn't labelled vegan, but the wholesale tray is.
    Sainsbury are also doing a dairy free egg labelled vegan for £3.99 for 200g in foil wrap.
    "Danger" could be my middle name … but it's "John"

has anyone noticed that the sainsburys free from eggs are the only easter eggs to not be reduced after easter?

Thanks for the detailed info Pob, that will make them much easier to find.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell

Quote Pob View Post
    I found some in Maidstone Sainsbury. They are Tigger themed with the jellies. They were in the Free-from section - £1.99 for 90g.
    Strangely the packaging isn't labelled vegan, but the wholesale tray is.
    Sainsbury are also doing a dairy free egg labelled vegan for £3.99 for 200g in foil wrap.
    They've also got a Simpsons themed one too. *"aaaaahhhhhhh dairy freeeee easter egggggssssss" said in best drooly Homer voice*

I also found the Kinnerton easter bunny bar for £1.79 and a Celtic Chocolate Choices Easter Egg with 6 Choices discs, which is £1.99 for a 125g package which is labelled as vegan (Hurrah!!).

Thanks Pob! I'll check out the "big" Sainsbury here. Nothing in Oxford. I did see one at Waitrose that was dairy free, a Bendicks one. It was wicked expensive though - nine quid, I think.

They actually dropped the "suitable for vegans" label last year too. I called the company about it, because I'd only noticed after we'd bought it. There appeared to be nothing un-vegan, but it had some ingredient like "flavouring" that could be dodgy, I suppose. They confirmed that it was vegan, but that they had dropped the label because of cross-contamination issues. I was disappointed, because I loved that in previous years, they said suitable for vegans right on the front label. We thought it was so cool the first year, we took pictures.

I've seen a Lindt dark chocolate bunny around that is dairy free. Think it's £4.

Oh my lord, a vegan chocolate bunny? I didn't think that such a thing existed here. My American brain doesn't quite consider it a *real* Easter unless I can bite the ears off a bunny. (somehow that doesn't sound very vegan, heh)

Vegan Family list some other vegan eggs, too:

http://www.veganfamily.co.uk/easter.html

I think it's only fair to try one of each, so as not to be biased.

There are £1.79 "Dairy Free" bunnies in Sainsburys: http://twitpic.com/15mzrg
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Those dairy free bunnies are lovely, we had them last year, I don't like dark chocolate so these are a good alternative. Unfortunately my local sainsburys don't stock them so this year I ordered them from www.dietaryneedsdirect.co.uk/

We picked up a couple of Easter eggs in Sainsbury's earlier; a Celtic Choices one for me and a Kinnerton Tigger one for James. I also managed to find a net bag of dark chocolate mini eggs in Poundland; they didn't have any brand name on them.

ah. the annual easter egg thread.

i'm going to be shoddily making my own this year..well vegan made one for the mini..i have a mould..and non vegan bought one for the teen. this is how these things are appreciated here. it's a source of mild stress every year trying to find suitable not massively expensive stuff. usually jack fultons comes up with some kinnertons stuff for about 39p HAHAHA. *gobble*
    ahronli sed ah dunit so thid tek thuh cheyus graytuh offa mi nihbles

Quote Enchantress View Post
    We picked up a couple of Easter eggs in Sainsbury's earlier; a Celtic Choices one for me and a Kinnerton Tigger one for James. I also managed to find a net bag of dark chocolate mini eggs in Poundland; they didn't have any brand name on them.
    i dont suppose you could take a picture of them could you? ill go looking for them this week!

I don't have a picture of them, but the eggs were wrapped in red foil and in a red net bag with a red tag on it.

The Lurker

My local H&B is selling a couple of different vegan easter eggs - might be worth a try in one of their stores . . .