View Poll Results: How long have you been thinking/feeling like a vegan?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-9 % of my lifetime

3 9.68%
  • 10-19 % of my life

8 25.81%
  • 20-29 %

5 16.13%
  • 30-39 %

4 12.90%
  • 40-49 %

3 9.68%
  • 50-59 %

3 9.68%
  • 60-69 %

1 3.23%
  • 70-79 %

3 9.68%
  • 80-89 %

1 3.23%
  • 90-100 %

0 0%

Thread: How large part of your life have you been feeling/thinking like a vegan?

Default How large part of your life have you been feeling/thinking like a vegan?

This isn't meant in a very serious way, so I place it here in the "More Polls" section. I'll explain more later about why I think such a poll still is kind of interesting.

For how long have you agreed with being vegan - that is, agreeing with veganism but not necessarily lived as a vegan?

Example: You are 34 years old. You figure out that you agreed in being a vegan since when you were 27. So you have been feeling/thinking like a vegan viewpoints for roughly 7 years. Again: don't get too serious about this...

To get the result in %, do this:

Take your 'vegan age' (7 in this example) and divide it by your age (34 in the example), and multiply the number you get by 100.

7/35*100= 21 (rounded), so you have been thinking/feeling like a vegan for circa 21% of your lifetime up to now.

(Pardon my English, as always).
    Last edited by Korn; Feb 28th, 2010 at 07:34 PM.
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Default Re: How large part of your life have you been feeling/thinking like a vegan?

About half my life? Since I found out about it when I was 10, then I decided it was something I wanted to work towards.

Default Re: How large part of your life have you been feeling/thinking like a vegan?

I have no idea.

I went vegan in an afternoon when I was 17, and I was certainly *not* a vegan that morning.

Then again, as an 8yo, I refused to eat meat until I knew the name of the animal that was on my plate... and when I found out the name (usually just made up by my folks), I refused the food even more. But by the time I was 13yo, I was winning quarter-pound McDonalds burger eating contests with sporting teammates. But that experience as a child was the seed to my veganism many years later.

So if it is the former: I am 32yo now. I was 17 (when I went vegan). That is 46.875% of my life as a full-fledged vegan actually doing it.
    or... if it is the later. I am 32 now. I was 8yo when I started connecting food to animals. That means 75% of my life.
    context is everything

RubyDuby

29 now. 19 then. 34%
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

BlackCats

11%.

I've been vegan for 18% of my life. But I was very interested in vegetarianism as a child and young teen (didn't know about veganism then). I made the connection about the animals being food early on, but never really applied. But when I decided to go fully vegetarian at age 17, I found out about veganism, and decided being vegan was ultimately better.
    Peace, love, and happiness.

23%