Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: too much fat on a raw diet?

Default Re: too much fat on a raw diet?

Quote belleadonna View Post
    I am with Zero on this one. Just eat good fresh fruits and veggies. They have all that we need!!
    Sometimes we overdo the amount of calories we eat too. People are so worried about if they are getting enough calories eating raw. Your body will let you know if you are not eating enough.
    Sometimes we overthink this thing and make it more complicated than it has to be.

agreed. if we need more calories we will be hungry & tired.

Quote ellaminnowpea View Post
    "results dont correlate properly"... what results and why don't they correlate properly?
    I had thought maybe he meant the calories, for example:

The recommended amount of protein for ME is

protein rdi 46g=184 calories

carbs is 130g =540 calories

Fat is 41.6g = 374.4 calories to 72g =648 calories

Even if I use the highest fat content *gag* I'd still be only getting 1372 calories per day, and I should have 1876

Not saying that is what Zero meant but that has always annoyed me.
    it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble

Zero

Quote Haniska View Post
    Not saying that is what Zero meant but that has always annoyed me.
    What I was saying was the group used as the control is (in the main) based upon people eating food that is chemically different, carinogenic, is at least missing a number of nutrients and digests differently, than the food raw foodists are eating. i.e it is difficult to come to wholly scientific conclusion without making a large number of assuptions when there are such variables involved.

An example of how chemically different the foods are is if you look at a simple potato, when cooked it contains around 400 more chemical substances than when it was raw. These additional chemicals are not recognized by the body and are treated as toxins, which provokes the immune system response known as leukosytosis. (Ever heard the phrase growing up everthing is toxic? I did.)

If you take blood from someone who eat cooked food 20 minutes ago you would see an increase in the white cell count. Whereas if they had eaten raw there would be no change.

Try to imagine how many more calories you would need to sustain these immune system responses and how much energy this takes away from you, I have no idea how to measure this other than using my personal experience (that I have way more energy now and feel better than I did eating a cooked vegan diet), but when you consider that cooked food contains less nutrients and enzymes than raw food, one can imagine a need to consume more of it to get what you need.

I don't eat for calories, fat, protein, vitamins, minerals, carbs I just eat when I am hungry and I eat what sounds good The only supplement I take is B12 because it is missing from our soil due to modern farming methods not my diet specifically.

I am not saying people don't or can't find RDI guidelines useful, I am not saying they should be made obsolete, I am not saying they are stupid. I am not saying that you shouldn't be sensible and think about what you put in your body, and do your own research.

I am saying that if you find yourself slightly outside of them but what you are doing makes you feel fantastic then I don't think it is worth stressing about.

eating raw i can actually eat like 50% of my calories from fat or more and still lose weight. i eat a LOT of coconut so that may be why. i also dont overdo the carbs.