Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Superdrug shops

leedsveg

Default Re: Superdrug shops

Quote Crusty Rat View Post
    I was just pointing out how messages and movements can become diluted in the effort to make them popular. I already see products labelled as "vegan" in ASDA which contain beeswax.
    Perhaps instead of Asda, you should try shopping at Superdrug instead, I've never seen a mistake like that there.

(I'm only pulling your leg CR. No offence intended, life really is too short...)

Leedsveg
    Last edited by leedsveg; Nov 27th, 2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: slight addition to last sentence

i came on this thread to ask a couple of questions about superdrug but after reading through some of the post on here i dont know if i dare!
    oh well here goe's.........(1) my daughter worked for superdrug for a short while and the manager told her that the MUA makeup range was Superdrug's own so was covered by the buav, but iv looked and non of those products show the logo, does anyone know if this is true or not? (2) a woman came into the store and declared she wouldnt purchase any of the perfumes as they were all tested on animals but she then went and bought makeup for the Gosh range, so my daughter asked her if they were tested on animals, the woman replied 'absolutly not or i wouldnt being buying them' does anyone know if this is true or not?
    thanx for replies in advance x
    We all love animals. So why do we call some "pets" and others "dinner?" ~k.d. lang

I went into Superdrug a few months ago. I asked an assistant which was their own makeup brand and she said "are you looking for products suitable for vegans" I wondered if I looked like a vegan as I couldn't understand how she knew what I was looking for. Anyway she said that the MUA products aren't tested on animals but she didn't think they were vegan. She said they didn't have their own make up range and pointed me in the direction of Barry M products. I already knew Barry M were pretty good for vegans so I thought she sounded like she knew what she was talking about.

My Mum went into her local branch of superdrug in Cornwall and they told her the GOSH were their own brand, so who knows?

Hi, I don't actually know the answer to either question but regarding (2) I found Gosh Cosmetics on this list of companies that don't test on animals http://www.mediapeta.com/peta/PDF/companiesdonttest.pdf - so that's reassuring assuming it's the same Gosh. Regarding (1) it does seem odd they don't have the logo, and I can't find anything definitive on the WWW so perhaps it would be best to write to Superdrug and ask them?

Of course, not being tested on animals doesn't mean the products are vegan, unfortunately.

ETA sorry, Mymblesdaughter - was posting at the same time as you. It's interesting that your veganness shines out so clearly

This is a reply I got from Superdrug on 5th August, about this very question! Possibly now out of date, but here it is.

Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately Superdrug do not manufacture Own Brand cosmetics and we
    apologise for any inconvenience caused.

We can confirm however that the following brands are subject to
    Superdrug and do not test on animals:

2True
    GOSH
    Beauty UK
    Miss Sporty
    Sleek
    MUA

I hope this information is of some assistance.

Kind Regards

Miss. R. Ennor
    Superdrug Customer Relations

Just to clarify, they aren't saying these brands are vegan, just that they do not test. I tried researching / contacting these brands, some have a few vegan products if I remember correctly. I have an email from City Inc, which I think was one of those, which just says some are and some aren't, contact them about specific products etc.

thanx eveyone. i knew someone on here would be able to answer my queries I love this forum everyone is so so clever and so well informed about all that is vegan, i think eveyone on here is awsome, thankyou
    We all love animals. So why do we call some "pets" and others "dinner?" ~k.d. lang

Quite a few of the Gosh products are vegan. I usually email the company directly with regard to a particular item or ask them to send me a list of their products that are suitable for vegans.
    I like Sandra, she keeps making me giggle. Daft little lady - Frosty

I found this list of vegan Gosh products, which is fairly recent, http://www.veggieboards.com/newvb/ar...t-129913.html? while looking for something to spend my Superdrug Beauty Card points on, as I wanted to use them on something a bit more fun than face wipes & toothpaste!

Out of interest, what would you buy from Superdrug, if you were looking to treat yourself a bit? I've exhausted Barry M, so I'm looking forward to trying some 'Gosh' offerings! I love all the Superdrug "Naturals" fruity stuff, and I emailed the "I Love.." company which they stock - http://www.ilovecosmetics.eu/ who said that all of their products are vegan EXCEPT the body butters. Great news, as I think their stuff looks/sounds lovely! I love Superdrug but I do wish they'd extend their (amazing) vegan labelling to their online shop!

x

I just realised that the Superdrug Solait light texture suncreams are vegan and cheap. I bought a factor 30 face cream and a factor 50 general suncream, bring on the sunshine!

(yes I tried to make the pics smaller/crop them etc but the image code on Photobucket didn't incorporate my changes... does anyone know what to do when that happens?)

Quote herbivorous bex View Post
    what would you buy from Superdrug, if you were looking to treat yourself a bit?
    Barry M nail varnish, or maybe a face mask. I'm not a make-up person .
    Last edited by Blueberries; Apr 15th, 2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: add photos

Blueberries, is it this one?
    http://www.superdrug.com/baby+kids/s...0/invt/232662/
    I was thinking about the need to find vegan sun creams in the last two days (as I literally burn under the sun), more than happy I stumbled over your message! (got a superdrug not far !!)

Quote Bjorn
    Blueberries, is it this one?
    http://www.superdrug.com/baby+kids/s...0/invt/232662/
    I was thinking about the need to find vegan sun creams in the last two days (as I literally burn under the sun), more than happy I stumbled over your message! (got a superdrug not far !!)
    Yeah that one and there's one which is the same as that one except that isn't specifically for the face. Its in that same colour bottle except bigger. The label at the back should say, although I nearly had to take the security tag off to see it, hate when they put it over the ingredients!

Are you really getting sunburnt up the north?
    Houmous atá ann!

lol, I've taken very much from the german side rather than the south french one,+ blond ginger base to skin and hair, so yes I do get sunburn extremely easily... even here in Belfast. As it's not very warm throughout the year I don't take the sun as seriously as in France, forget to put a protection on, and end up completely burnt when the sun starts to come more out... it makes everybody laugh...

I'll watch for those then and get them before I experience my first lobster-red face...

Quote Bjorn
    As it's not very warm throughout the year I don't take the sun as seriously as in France, forget to put a protection on, and end up completely burnt when the sun starts to come more out... it makes everybody laugh...

I'll watch for those then and get them before I experience my first lobster-red face...
    That's pretty much the Irish relationship with the sun! Nobody thinks that they need to put on suncream because its Ireland, even though everyone I know has been sunburnt here at least once. Ireland has one of the highest skin cancer rates in Europe yet everybody laughs at me for wearing an spf face cream :/

Edit- the spf face cream I use is also superdrug. Its spf 15, better for everyday use, when its not mad sunny.

Last edited by Blueberries; Apr 15th, 2012 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Add photo.. gone a bit photo mad today!
    Houmous atá ann!

Thanks Blueberries,
    I'm afraid I didn't take a vegan sun cream...
    I found the first we talked about (Face SPF 50) and then saw another one for babies, SPF 50 as well, saw the BUAV logo, assumed it was vegan and took it... now home, after I took off the price label, I read on it "suitable for vegetarians"... so not for vegans huh?

Otherwise I got myself the Superdrug Tea tree / Peppermint Naturals conditioner (even though I might be experimenting to switch for "no poo with conditionner" to "no poo no conditioner" something else for my hair
    I looked up to find vegan toner lotion and other face skincare products for my other half and could find only pricey ones, but then!! he found all by himself a very inexpensive one yes!

I use their Vitamin E SPF15 Moisturiser and Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream, both of which are AWESOME for my dry & acne-prone skin!

Quote Blueberries View Post
    Wow, I didn't realise their deodourant was vegan too, vegan deodourant can be pretty expensive, up to €8 for a stick! I just wish they'd start doing toothpaste, I still have to pay nearly a fiver for a tube of vegan toothpaste in the health food shop. I prefer to support small brands but they can be so expensive.
    And about vegan oreos you should check any big Asian supermarkets, sometimes they get in Asian oreos which are vegan.
    My superdrug toothpaste is suitable for veggies and vegans