View Poll Results: Do you have any regrets in regards to raising your child/children?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have absolutely no regrets in how I'm raising/raised my child/ren.

9 26.47%
  • I do have regrets in how I'm raising/raised my child/ren.

11 32.35%
  • I regret even having a child/ren.

0 0%
  • I don't regret not having children.

6 17.65%
  • I'm a child and think my parent(s) should not have any regrets, they are doing a great job!

2 5.88%
  • I'm a child, my parent(s) should have regrets, they really are messing me up!

6 17.65%

Thread: Do you have any regrets in regards to raising your child/children?

Default Do you have any regrets in regards to raising your child/children?

I know there are parents on this board who have a child/ren of all ages. Even though my kids are only 9 months old (almost), I already have some regrets like not exclusively breastfeeding (though not for lack of trying), not making my own, organic baby food (mainly use jarred organic baby food) and not having the babies wear only organic cotton clothing (couldn't afford it). I'm just wondering if regrets are a trait of new parents or do most parents have regrets regarding their child/ren.

im not exactly a child, but i could pick two of the last ones. my dad should regret the hell out of how he raised us, and my mom did an amazing job.
    "you dont have to be tall to see the moon" - african proverb

My main regret I suppose is that I didn't raise them vegan from birth - but I only went vegan (from veggie) last year so in a way I suppose its a bit of a pointless regret (I did raise them vegetarian though).

I am working on changing them over to a vegan diet but I am doing it very gradually so it may take some time!!
    Blackadder: Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?
    Baldrick: Yes, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron.

I only regret not being able to breastfeed either of them as I had them both by C section and had infections with both of them. I was back in hospital on strong antibiotics and I had to stop the feeding. Other than that they have turned out fine, loving, caring young men although there was a lot of learning on the way!

PinkFluffyCloud

I think most, if not all, parents have regrets, Feline!!
    I have LOADS!!
    I wish I had raised Sam Vegan (though Veggie is not too regrettable).
    I wish I had not fought with his dad in front of him.
    I wish I had been very strict about healthy eating and exercise.
    I wish I had not bought him so many things, as he is a little demanding now.
    I wish I had never, ever, listened to my mother about my lack of parenting skills.
    I wish I had never yelled at him just because I was having a bad day - that is inexcusable!

Unlike PFC, I wish I HAD fought with their dad in front of them, because they grew up believing that I condoned his cruelty.
    Like PFC, I wish I had never, ever, listened to my mother about my lack of parenting skills.
    I wish I had taken the kids and walked out on the old man.
    Eve

Quote foxytina_69
    im not exactly a child, but i could pick two of the last ones. my dad should regret the hell out of how he raised us, and my mom did an amazing job.
    100% ditto - however my Mum was not perfect - she had some faults

Default Re: Do you have any regrets in regards to raising your child/children?

I dont have kids yet but i plan on it. I just hope my wife will change her mind about not raising vegan kids.

I don't have many regrets about how I'm raising my kids. I can't think of a single thing I regret.

We are really putting a lot of purpose and thought into how we are raising our kids, so anything that seems and issue we take seriously and discuss.

We are not ideologues, but we are raising out kids relatively close to "Unconditional Parenting" ideas by Alfie Kohn, as well as putting in some Communitarian Libertarian principles of our own. Practically, we are all vegans, so that comes into play. We are also bi-cultural and bi-racial, so we are raising our kids bilingual (I speak to my kids exclusively in Spanish, and my wife in English), as well as bi-cultural.

If anything I do wish is that we weren't poor. We do take some support from the state. In the end, we decided that we'd take the difficulties of living as poor family over not being with our children. It is not easy to live so close to abject poverty. But it is nothing I regret. It is just something that sucks.
    context is everything

i voted the last option.

even though im not technically a kid.

im not planning on having children till im good and freakin ready, if ever. (and theyll be adopted!)
    the aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, dunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
    -henry miller