Thread: Kara dairy free coconut milk

Default Kara dairy free coconut milk

Has any of you seen this yet ?
    My companion and I accidentally found this in the free from section of a big Tesco. It is basically packaged in a one litre carton like soya milk but it is made of freshly pressed coconut and has got added calcium from algae. It is clearly labelled as suitable for vegans. I tried it on my cereals and the taste is quite mild (I expected a stronger coconut taste) but it was a change from rice milk (don't like soya milk !).

It's the same brand that manufactures coconut cream (although difficult to find) in little cartons.

Here's the website.

http://www.karadairyfree.com/

I used the rest mixed with rice milk in a hot chocolate and it was rather pleasant.

Default Re: Kara dairy free coconut milk

oo this sounds nice, i shall definately be on the look out for this! Thank you Aerfen
    ~WE MUST NOT REFUSE WITH OUR EYES WHAT THEY MUST ENDURE WITH THEIR BODIES.~

Quote Aerfen View Post
    Has any of you seen this yet ?
    My companion and I accidentally found this in the free from section of a big Tesco. It is basically packaged in a one litre carton like soya milk but it is made of freshly pressed coconut and has got added calcium from algae. It is clearly labelled as suitable for vegans. I tried it on my cereals and the taste is quite mild (I expected a stronger coconut taste) but it was a change from rice milk (don't like soya milk !).

It's the same brand that manufactures coconut cream (although difficult to find) in little cartons.

Here's the website.

http://www.karadairyfree.com/

I used the rest mixed with rice milk in a hot chocolate and it was rather pleasant.
    Bought a carton of this on Saturday. It's really nice! Like you said, I too expected a stronger coconut taste - but it's very mild. Had very little 'taste', in the sense that it's quite an inoffensive milk product, in comparison to a lot of milk alternatives. I would be happy to offer this to my omni friends and family, who tend to dislike soya or oat milk, which they find has a 'strong flavour'.
    "You're right, Jackie. The Fonz could beat up Bruce Lee."

I tried it at my friend's house. It was okay, I didn't really notice a massive difference in tea to soya milk or rice milk. I personally wouldn't switch to it because the other milks contain a lot more protein.
    Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything. - Floyd Dell