Thread: Vegan in Brussels [blog]

Default Vegan in Brussels [blog]

Hello,
    Bonjour,

I'm Shi. I'm 22 years old. I live in Brussels. I'm vegan for almost a year now.
    Je suis Shi. J'ai 22 ans. Je vis à Bruxelles. Je suis végétalienne depuis bientôt un an.

Voici mon blog.
    This is my blog : http://veganinbrussels.tumblr.com/

Thank you.
    Last edited by Shi.; Mar 11th, 2013 at 06:13 PM.

Default Re: Vegan in Brussels [blog]

Thanks for posting details of your blog, Shi - it looks very good. Was interested to read that you can get seitan in Carrefour - I don't think any supermarkets have it here, yet we probably have more vegans than Belgium. Maybe other people buy it to use in oriental cooking there?

You can buy Seitan in Intermarche (France, Portugal etc), however it's not as convenient to use as all the 'finished' vegan products we have in the UK.
    "Mr Flibble - forum corruptor of innocents!!" - Hemlock

Yes, "convenience foods" are certainly convenient, although a lot of them aren't that nice IMO so there may be something to be said for seitan.

In Paris in Jan we went in a Monoprix food dept and they seemed to be selling quite a few soy-based ready meals, which I hadn't noticed before. Didn't have time to read all the packaging to see if any were vegan, but it's an interesting trend.

Quote harpy View Post
    Thanks for posting details of your blog, Shi - it looks very good. Was interested to read that you can get seitan in Carrefour - I don't think any supermarkets have it here, yet we probably have more vegans than Belgium. Maybe other people buy it to use in oriental cooking there?
    Thank you for visiting the blog. I have no idea who buys seitan in the supermarket because I feel that I am the only one to buy it. I suppose there is a demand, maybe it's the curiosity that leads people to try. However, it does not look good for an omnivore.

Quote harpy View Post
    Yes, "convenience foods" are certainly convenient, although a lot of them aren't that nice IMO so there may be something to be said for seitan.

In Paris in Jan we went in a Monoprix food dept and they seemed to be selling quite a few soy-based ready meals, which I hadn't noticed before. Didn't have time to read all the packaging to see if any were vegan, but it's an interesting trend.
    I went to Paris last year and I found some vegan products at Monoprix : Vegetables pâté, flavored soy milk, soups.
    I think being vegan becomes a tendency in Paris.

Salut! J'adore Bruxelles! Je pense qu'il y a beaucoup de options pour les végétaliens en Belgique, dans les supermarchés comme Carrefour et il y ont des epiceries bios aussi. Merci pour le lien

Quote Blueberries View Post
    Salut! J'adore Bruxelles! Je pense qu'il y a beaucoup de options pour les végétaliens en Belgique, dans les supermarchés comme Carrefour et il y ont des epiceries bios aussi. Merci pour le lien
    Bonsoir,
    Bof, pas tant de choix en Belgique par rapport à l'Angleterre. Mais nous ne sommes pas les plus mal lotis. Ce n'est pas plus mal, ça nous pousse à cuisiner davantage.
    Et merci pour la visite sur le blog !