Thread: Brussels

Default Brussels

Hi!

I am currently living in Brussels and would welcome any recommendations for places to buy good vegan food. Or any vegan food, to be honest . I normally go to the Bio Planet in Mechelen, where they have different kinds of tofu, tempeh, seitan, vege pâtes, etc. However one of the things I miss (not for the taste, though are for example vegan alternatives to ham etc. All the ones at bio planet contain egg white.

I recently heard about a bio shop/restaurant la Saga, close to Parc du Cinquantenaire and am going to check it soon.

I would also be happy to get to know other vegans living in this not very vegan friendly city. It would be nice to meet people who share the same values. I am vegan because of the love and respect for animals, even though all the other reasons, especially environmental, health and world food security ones are also very important to me. If you wanna get in touch, please feel free to send me a message!

Kamilla

Default Re: Brussels

Hi Kamilla.

Did you see this thread?

http://www.veganforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26228

Not sure how often Shi visits the forum but you could probably contact her via her blog.

Hi Harpy, thank you for your reply! I will check the blog

For anyone interested - I've just been to La Saga:
    http://www.lasaga.be/Magasin.html

It's great! They have different kinds of seitan, tofu, vegan 'ham', some cruelty free cosmetics (Urtekram, Weleda), vegan baby foods, fresh bread, fruit and veggies, all kinds of grains, seeds, pasta, rice, quinoa.. Also some organic dairy and eggs, if you're vegetarian. Plus there's a small restaurant at the back, unfortunately open during lunch only. I will definitely be a regular customer

That sounds like a great find! Wish they had a branch near me

Have been away for some time, but I can confirm that it's a fantastic find! I've been there a few times already and just keep finding new exciting stuff! I highly recommend it to anyone from or around Brussels.

Kamilla

PS just in case anyone's interested, here's the link to my blog that I forgot to include in my first post (I am going to try and update it a bit more regularly
    http://novembergirlsdiary.blogspot.com/

Hi Kamilla (and all),
    I am happy to read your thread. I have been in Brussels since January, and I am looking to connect with vegans and vegetarians as well; as you said it would be nice to meet people who share the same values. I am also thinking we should start a small informal group/gatherings... for vegans and vegetarians.

Let me know how we can get in touch, (you and other Brussels based vegans and vegetarians)

Best,

Joelle