Thread: Vegan Spain

Default Vegan Spain

Hi, not been here a while, but now I have a need to be here, I come craaaaawling back.

Does anyone have any suggestions about chains stores/online shops that do delivery of vegan products to Europe or, even better, that are located in Spain? Ashamedly, the cheaper the better.

Cheers,
    Paul.
    How did I get down here?

rxseeeyse

Default Re: Vegan Products for Delivery to Spain

sorry got no idea...I just don't want to you to feel like no one is reading this post but as I live in canada....so I know nothing of europe)
    but I guess they sell veggies in spain, and for cleaning products, don't know if they sell Seventh Generation....for personal hygiene the body shop is okay if you check the ingredients before hands...lush is good but it's expensive...that's all i know. and for hands cleaning and dish washing method is a good brand

Talking Re: Vegan Products for Delivery to Spain

Heya, have you tried the Vegan store? I'm sure any European, vegan, internet based businesses will deliver to mainland Europe. I'd say even some of the American ones do too but the delivery charges would be huge!
    Houmous atá ann!

Yo Paulski.

ethicalsuperstore?

Destination Rate for up to 500g* Rate for up to 20kg

Italy and mainland Spain £3.95 £14.50

'Parsleysoup Deliveries' are also reliable for any emergency marshmallow and chocolate supplies. They might also be able to send representatives with a heavier order - weather permitting

http://www.laboutiquevegetariana.com/

I was just looking on the Redwoods site ('cos I'm eating a tempeh bacon sandwich) to see if they deliver to spain, and found a link to here ^

Yes as Blueberries says a lot of online stores will do deliveries to mainland Europe - I just checked veganstore.co.uk and Goodness Direct and they both appear to. I imagine it might be more economical if you can order a reasonable amount of stuff at once.

Default Re: Vegan products for delivery to Spain

Cheers you lot, you took your bloody time but I got my answers in the end Your advice has been heeded. Most Spanish cities have herberías which sell soy and tofu and stuff, it's pricey but at least they have it. I was considering going to a Chinese restaurant/take away and seeing if I could buy tofu straight from them at one point (the tofu dishes they have usually contain meat as well) Has anyone ever tried this?
    How did I get down here?

That's a good idea. I haven't tried that but I have bought tofu from a Chinese grocer - usually cheaper than health food shops. I suppose there aren't any Chinese grocers' shops in Spain are there?

rxseeeyse

dunno about spain, but in my town theres chinese vegan place, they got tofu without meat...but it think for the restaurant tofu, if they got it for cheap that coz they buy it in large quantity. so i don't know how much they could sell you for...
    btw, have u tried just eating soy beans? i think soy beans taste good by themselves too, and theres also other beans that are nutritious... you can make soy milk with soy beans with a blender

Hi Paulski,
    If you need tofu or soy products, why not try some local Asian grocery store?
    I don't know what soy products (or other products) you are looking for, but I would be very surprised if there's something you need which you can't buy locally in Spain.

Tofu and other soy products have been around since long before anyone claimed to be vegan... Please read more about the history of tofu and soy milk here... They aren't actually 'vegan specific' products. PLease don't get this wrong, but unless you happen to really, really love tofu or other soy producs, they probably aren't worth the hassle of getting a shipment sent from overseas (since nobody, inluding vegans, need these products).
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Default Re: Vegan products, Spain

If you're living anywhere Madrid this place looks amazing! Their website says that they're going to get their shop online soon but I'm not sure how soon that'll be.
    Houmous atá ann!

My friend has gone on holiday to Spain and asked if there was anything I wanted. I asked him to keep an eye out for chestnut sweetmeats - don't know whether the Spanish grow a lot of chestnuts but it seemed like there is a possibility since it's next to France and I do like a marron glace now and then!

Does anyone know of any goodies I can ask him to get that I wouldn't be able to get easily in the UK? I'm thinking particularly of chocolate or other sweet spread type things? Alcohol is a no-go at the moment.
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Idk where you're visiting in Spain, but when I visited Southern Spain, I shopped at El Cortes Ingles. They had soy milk (one of the only places in town with plant milk) and lots of fresh veggies. I did ok eating there, but eating out, I went hungry a lot... especially after only paella for days. Hah The restaurant Habanita is pretty good, too!! I visited an amazing Ethiopion place there and loved it!! I'm sorry I can't remember the name. I think it's near a tapas bar near Plaza de Espana, but my memory's fuzzy... It's been a couple years. I had no problem in the larger, more modern cities. I found it easy to find variety when travelling near Madrid, etc. Good luck!
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

Hmm, maybe I should have started a new topic, perhaps people will only look at the first post
    "If you don't have a song to sing you're okay, you know how to get along humming" Waltz (better than fine) - Fiona Apple

Oh, sorry. I don't have a real answer to your question... I don't live in the UK (and havent been there in years) so I don't know what you have and how it compares to what they may have in Spain.
    “I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.” ~ Alcott

I live in Barcelona, and I've been able to get Chocoreale duo spread and a few other things, but I'm aware that BCN is the most vegan-friendly area of Spain. El Corte Inglés has Sweet William white chocolate which is the best vegan white chocolate, it's the bar version of the buttons you can get in the UK and Ireland.
    Houmous atá ann!

cobweb

oooh I didn't know you could get that in bar form, mmmm. Where is El Corte Ingles?. I wonder if there's one near Pilar? (*has evil thoughts of forcing parents to go and buy some*).

Quote cobweb View Post
    Where is El Corte Ingles?. I wonder if there's one near Pilar? (*has evil thoughts of forcing parents to go and buy some*).

Most big towns have one, cities usually have a few, they're a big department store with a nice supermarket, usually in the basement. It's one of the few supermarkets that has a decent health-food section.
    Houmous atá ann!

cobweb

Thanks I will ask the old people if they have one near them.

Default Re: Vegan Spain

Thanks Blueberries. I will ask my friend to keep a lookout.

Is there anything that's accidentally vegan you can think of that I wouldn't be able to get easily here? I mean like ****berry jam (where **** is something we don't get a lot of here, not a rude word!) or a vegan-friendly version of turron?

Quote twinkle View Post
    Is there anything that's accidentally vegan you can think of that I wouldn't be able to get easily here? I mean like ****berry jam (where **** is something we don't get a lot of here, not a rude word!) or a vegan-friendly version of turron?
    I can't think of anything in particular, besides ali oli sauce and patatas bravas sauce but I assume you can probably get those in the UK. I have seen vegan turron, there was some accidentally vegan marzipan turrón in the shops around Christmas but I haven't seen it recently, Christmas is the main turrón time. Specifically vegan turrón I've seen in Vegania here in Barcelona, I think they have it all year round.
    Houmous atá ann!

Hi everybody,

my friend and I are coming to Barcelona for the holidays and are looking forward to getting to know the vegan scene there - from food and places to fellow vegans, activists and organisations. Anyone up for a get-together? We'd also be happy if there was a chance for us to sleep on your couch (or a mat on the floor) for a couple of days between Aug 1st and Aug 6th (if that's not too odd for you, of course). Any other tips on enjoying the vacation the vegan way would be great as well .

Anyhow, Anja and I (Nika) are both very nice and friendly, non-smoking and non-troublemaking females in our 20s. We'd be happy to tell more about ourselves if you're interested - feel free to ask (you can also find me on Skype under nika_skof).

Looking forward to hearing from you!
    Life is about having to change ... Taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

Anouk, get in contact with the Barcelona vegan meetup group on meetup.com, they have loads of stuff going on and they're all really nice people. They might even know somewhere you can stay, good luck
    Houmous atá ann!

Planeta Vegano is a vegan store in Madrid and delivery vegan products to all Spain.
    www.planetavegano.com

Sausages, cheeses, vegan egg!, vegan pet food, burguers, shoes, books, t-shirts, vitamins, ice cream, chocolate and more

Hi,
    I want to go to Northern Spain for a holiday this summer with my bf, we want to surf (I'm a beginner), camp and if possible be near to somewhere that might have a veggie/vegan cafe/restaurant.... Any tips/info/advice will be greatly appreciated!!
    yo-yo

Hi Yo-Yo, which city you'll be surfing?. you can search vegan options in the http://www.happycow.net/ by city.

Regards

Quote Frytz View Post
    Hi Yo-Yo, which city you'll be surfing?. you can search vegan options in the http://www.happycow.net/ by city.

Regards
    Hi Frytz, we're thinking of going to Sopelana near Bilbao. Yeh I had a quick look at happycow yesterday and saw some places were listed as veggie, will take a proper look later!
    yo-yo

Hi Again Yo-Yo near to sopelana is available the following veggie options: http://www.happycow.net/gmaps/search...=&lon=&x=0&y=0

And more in:
    BILBAO

Ganapati
    C/ Lersundi, 1
    94 423 11 51

Vegetariano
    Alda. Urquijo, 33
    94 444 55 98

Garibolo
    Fernández del Campo, 7
    Bilbao 48010

KALABAZA
    Ramón y Cajal, 10
    Bilbao (Deusto)

Ortua
    Alameda Mazarredo 18
    Bilbao

El vegetariano de Deusto
    Blas de Otero 27
    Bilbao, 48014

El Borne
    Castillo Jeneralaren 3
    Bilbao, 48003
    Bizkaia 48014

=====================
    Too:

ARMONIA Y SALUD
    Algortako Etorbidea, 100
    48991 ALGORTA,
    GETXO (VIZCAYA)
    94 460 1762

Vegetariano Pepintxo‎
    Castilla la Mancha 21,
    48901 Barakaldo
    944 373 090‎

ZURI - HAITZ
    Sertutxa Kalea, 4
    48600 MOREAGA
    SOPELANA (VIZCAYA)
    645 732 991

And if you need something special you can contact with me. And I can sen you products from Madrid To Sopelana, see our vegan store: http://planetavegano.com/eshop/
    info@planetavegano.com

best wishes

Frytz

Hi Frytz, thanks so much for all this info!! yo-yo

Quote Frytz View Post
    Hi Again Yo-Yo near to sopelana is available the following veggie options: http://www.happycow.net/gmaps/search...=&lon=&x=0&y=0

And more in:
    BILBAO

Ganapati
    C/ Lersundi, 1
    94 423 11 51

Vegetariano
    Alda. Urquijo, 33
    94 444 55 98

Garibolo
    Fernández del Campo, 7
    Bilbao 48010

KALABAZA
    Ramón y Cajal, 10
    Bilbao (Deusto)

Ortua
    Alameda Mazarredo 18
    Bilbao

El vegetariano de Deusto
    Blas de Otero 27
    Bilbao, 48014

El Borne
    Castillo Jeneralaren 3
    Bilbao, 48003
    Bizkaia 48014

=====================
    Too:

ARMONIA Y SALUD
    Algortako Etorbidea, 100
    48991 ALGORTA,
    GETXO (VIZCAYA)
    94 460 1762

Vegetariano Pepintxo‎
    Castilla la Mancha 21,
    48901 Barakaldo
    944 373 090‎

ZURI - HAITZ
    Sertutxa Kalea, 4
    48600 MOREAGA
    SOPELANA (VIZCAYA)
    645 732 991

And if you need something special you can contact with me. And I can sen you products from Madrid To Sopelana, see our vegan store: http://planetavegano.com/eshop/
    info@planetavegano.com

best wishes

Frytz
    Only just noticed you listed a place in Sopelana- great!!! Thanks, have you been to any of the places you listed?
    yo-yo

Hi Yo-Yo. No, I don´t know Sopelana

I don't have life, the vegan store need much time and we can not closed for vacations.

Regards

Frytz