Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Soy / soya milk favorites?

Default Re: Soy / soya milk favorites?

Quote Yst
    I used to like Silk. But I've come to MUCH prefer locally produced Chinese soy milk over the major commercial brands.

I find the obviously fake "thick" texture of the commercial brands, with their Carageenan or equivalent, quite unpleasant. The local Chinese brands contain no texturing agent to make them gooey, and I greatly prefer their natural consistency. Just Soy, Water and Sugar. That's all. If I need to get supplements, I can take them separately. I don't need to drink them in my soy milk. And I don't need a chemical to make my Soy Milk thick as paint. It's completely beyond me why that's even desirable to anyone.
    I love the thick as paint consistency of silk. I make my own too, and I'm sorry but unless that's some kind of aquired taste "Just soy, water, and sugar" is disgusting! If it's "chinese" maybe they use chinese herbs, and spices to add/cover flavour? Plain soymilk is good with some ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamon, etc...

My favourite is 'So Good', I love the nutty taste to it. Here's the website - http://www.sogood.co.uk

Not that keen on Alpro. Tesco's own brand isn't bad.

I LOVE SOYA MILK!!!
    How can you eat anything with eyes? ~Will Kellogg

Metal Maniac

Vitasoy Lush is my one and only!!!

Jippia

My favourite brand is Alpro. There are other brands here and I have tried some of them, but Alpro remains my favourite. The sweetened versions. I do not like the unsweetened ones. There is a variety especially for children and I usually have that one, as it contains vitamin D2. I have not come across another brand with vitamin D2 over here. I also like Alpro Banana and Alpro Vanilla flavour. I never have milk in my tea, but I do drink cereal coffee with some milk, soya, rice or oat. Not all brands have vitamin B12 and calcium added, so I do not use them as my daily milks. And I usually have a cup of three plus a bowl or soya yoghurt/pudding, also Alpro for the same reason (calcium + B12).

cobweb

i strongly prefer the chilled soya milks - what's the difference, though, why are some of them chilled, is the treatment process?

my current favourite is the Tesco chilled soya milk in the blue cartons, yum!.