Thread: My favourite pasta!

Default My favourite pasta!

A couple of days ago my husband and I tested this recipe... We were very impressed, so here it is It's a creamy pasta with broccoli and potatoes.

Ingredients:
    2 or 3 kale leaves
    1/2 shallot
    2 small carrots, peeled and cut in halves
    2 small potatoes, diced
    150 grams or 5.3 oz of pasta (we used pennette)
    1 cup of mixed broccoli (broccolis, cauliflower, brussels sprouts), chopped in small pieces
    2 tablespoons of flour
    1 garlic clove
    1 chilli (optional)
    Olive oil

Put the kale leaves, the shallot, the carrots, some salt and two cups of water in a small pan and let the broth boil for 20 minutes.
    In the meantime sauté the mixed broccoli in a frying pan (or a sauté pan) with the garlic clove, a chopped chilli and 1 tablespoon of olive oil for 10 minutes, then remove the garlic and cover it with a lid.
    Fill a pot with water. Add the potatoes and bring the water to a boil. When the water is boiling add some salt and then the pasta. Cook following the instruction on the pasta packaging box. Don't worry if the potato dices pulp: they are supposed to.
    Filter the broth. Add one cup of it, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the flour to a small pan. Mix it well and bring the mixture (a simple bechamel sauce) to a boil. Remember to keep stirring or it will become lumpy! The sauce will be ready when it thickens.
    Strain the pasta and put it back in the pan. Add the mixed broccoli and the bechamel sauce and stir a couple of times, then eat

Since english is not my first language, I'm sure I made a lot of mistakes. So please, don't hesitate to ask if you don't understand something

Default Re: My favourite pasta!

That sounds good Dreamy - I wouldn't have thought of putting potatoes with pasta but I quite like the idea! When I was in Rome once I had pizza with potatoes on it, so maybe it's a Roman thing?

I suppose it is an Italian hinterland tradition. If I recall correctly these central regions were inhabited mostly by poor people, and since potatoes were cheap and filling they used to put them in every meal.
    I love pizza with potatoes ^_^

BlackCats

I had potatoes on a pizza when I was in Bulgaria. It was very nice. It sounds like it would be good with pasta too.