Thread: Sugar in products

amethystcrystal

Default Sugar in products

Hello! I turned vegan 2 months ago, and am fairly new to the whole thing. I check all the labels in my food to make sure they contain no animal products, but there is one thing that concerns me that makes me fear that I am not a vegan at all...and that's the sugar.

If on the label it says the product contains 'sugar' in the ingredients, is this sugar which has been filtered through bone char? I still eat cereal and muesli and have sauces from tescos with no milk/egg/honey in, but they all say 'sugar' in the label. Is this sugar filtered through bone char? If it is, then can someone help me find some cereals/breakfast ideas which does not contain sugar filtered through bone char? I don't want to keep on contributing to the suffering of innocent lives.....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Default Re: Sugar in products

I'm new, too, but maybe I can help. I've been eating toast with peanut butter or a banana with peanut butter for breakfast since becoming vegan. Check your bread and peanut butter, but neither of those options have to have added sugar. I combine this with coffee and soy milk, and I'm not hungry until lunch.
    Eat your veggies!

Default Re: Sugar in products

Sorry to drag this old thread up but I just spotted it.

Sugar refined using bone char is limited to N.America. All UK sugar is fine unless it specifically states in the ingredients that it contains animal products (such as royal icing which contains egg.)
    "I don't want to live on this planet any more" - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth