Thread: Free allotment!

Default Free allotment!

I have an allotment I can't manage at the present time, but I want to keep it for when my circumstances change.

Therefore I would love for someone else to use it in the meantime. I don't want any money; I'll keep paying the fees, and I also have some tools and other equipment you can use.

Don't know yet when I'll want it back, but I promise you can have it for a round number of entire seasons, so I won't just get you to do all the work and then steal the harvest!

The only condition is that it's managed vegan-organically. That is, no animal manure, blood & bone, artificial fertilisers or pesticides, no buying of ladybirds or worms, using organic seeds etc etc. I have the book Growing Green you can borrow if you don't know how to do it this way.

And I might come down now and again to look at it and nick a handful of raspberries .

I suggest starting with a set of plants from Rocket Gardens, as it's a bit late now to propagate seed. I'm happy to pay for the initial pack from there or somewhere similar if you can't afford it.

It was cleared and dug over last year, but not touched for the last few months, so will need some maintenance. There's a big pile of leaf mold and some cardboard to use as mulch. And a bath, which I was thinking of burying to make a pond, but it's useful as a water-catcher in any case. You can plant fruit/nut trees, as long as they don't shade adjacent plots.

It's in Ashley Vale, if anyone's interested. I waited three years for it, and in other parts of Bristol the waiting list is 13 years! Maybe some kind of joint effort if more than one of you wants it?

Default Re: Free allotment!

If this had come up a couple of years ago when we lived closer to Bristol, I'd have bitten your hand off for this opportunity! Hope you find someone.

Default Re: Free allotment!

Never mind, I've just given it back to the Allotment Association instead.