Thread: Sixty percent of adults still can't digest milk

Default Sixty percent of adults still can't digest milk

I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Zombie

Default Re: Sixty percent of adults still can't digest milk

did i completely read it wrong or did it say that people that can drink milk have a higher rate of survival?
    "See no, hear no, speak no evil. Leaves you deaf, dumb and blind."

I haven't looked into that, but statistically, that could be correct - for example because people in poor countries both have higher rates of problems with milk and lots of reasons for lower average rate. Poor people in rich countries also have different eating habits than rich people, which may give them lower survival rates (lower average age) without this meaning that one can pinpoint that one specific part of their diet is the reason for that.

One could for instance say that people with expensive cars usually live longer than people who don't have a car, without the car having anything to do with their mortality rate. And so on.

Statements like the one about milk being associated with higer survival rates usually comes with "appears" in the same sentence - for a reason.

But of course: milk is made for calves, and contains a lot of nutrients. If people who otherwise would have used milk skip milk and not use other sources to get the same nutrients, they could develop a deficiency.

The question is: is cow's milk to be considered a substitute for plant based, (eg.) calcium rich plants - or is it the other way round?

Remember where the cows get their calcium from.

Doesn't supprise me, I read it was 50% somewhere.

And yet healthcare professionals still promote cow's milk. The level of backwardsness (is that even a word lol?) is amazing. Probably due to the dairy industry's lies.

When I was in school, I did Health and Human Development, and my textbooks promoted cows milk as an excellent source of calcium. Didn't even mention other sources.
    I hate it when I'm studying and a velociraptor throws bananas on me.

I agree with what Johnstuff said. My family thinks dairy cows are happily roaming in a wide open field with plenty of love and care where the grass is green and the world is perfect....yeah, not true.
    A friend is just a known enemy.

Well it's not surprising considering that milk is meant for babies!

How can it possibly be good for an adult body?

It amazes me how anyone can possibly think that, even aside from the compassionate reasons, how can anyone think that baby food meant for a baby's body (and that's not even for a human baby's body) can in any way whatsoever, be good for a fully developed adult body which has totally different requirements than a baby.

Argh, I just don't understand why they can't see something that is so obvious and staring them in the face, then, after years of needless reasearch and wasting huge amounts of money, they come up with some 'groundbreaking' discovery that dairy may actually increase the risk of breast cancer, well, DUH, babies don't have breasts!!!!!
    holding onto the dream that we imagined and painted forever more: elvinridge.co.uk

Yeah me and my mum were watching Friends - the one where phoebe drinks the breast milk and Ross wont drink it, and I said i didn't find it that weird, and my mum said she wouldnt drink breast milk and never did when she was breast feeding, and i was like, you drink cows milk though? And she was like yeah but i see drinking breast milk as a kind of canabalism, and i was like breast milk is made for people, cows milk is just breast milk made for a cow. Then she tried to somehow make herself sound more ethical by saying she wouldnt drink a goats milk or anything, just cows. And i said how is that better!? ITS A COWS BREAST MILK MUM, it;s not for you! And then she just said oh well old habits, and walked out the room O_o

And then she just said oh well old habits
    A true moment of truth, in other words.

I tried some of my own breast milk after I had my first baby. Fountains of milk would come sometimes and I caught some in my hand and drank it. It's totally different from cows milk, much sweeter and more watery. Not something I'd want to try more than once though!
    once in a while you can get shown the light
    in the strangest of places if you look at it right

i saw a commercial the other day that mad me so mad. it started off by saying that many people in a america arent getting the vitamins and nutrients they need. the lady reached into thef ridge and i though she was gonna pull out a vitamin drink or something but she pulled out a carton of milk! i didnt even listen to what the announcer said after that because i knew it was bs
    i shouted "lies!" so that everyone else in the room heard me. my vegetarian friend turned to me and said "cmon save your vegan propaganda for someone else. milk is good for you!" i couldnt believe it. i was so frustrated i just shook the whole thing off. if i started an argument with him it would go on forever and just make everyone else in the room feel really awkward. i plan on duking it out with him another time. out of all people, you think our veggie friends would support us but sometimes they are just as bad as omnis! cant he see that the commercial was the propaganda? not me!

I think the point was that if 60% of people can't drink milk, it's a pretty good sign that it's NOT something that should be recommended in the standard diet for humans...especially 100% of humans.