Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Meal plans

Default Re: whats you're normal eating plan?

I wish I could go all organic but it's not in my budget. I just do the best I can but I've got 5 people to feed so it gets kinda crazy.

Hey ambs - trail mix is the business! Good to hear that you are healthy and looking after yourself - we have to because we are the best advert for veganism that we can ever show to anyone. I try for organic soft veg (lettuce and other stuff that you don't peel), but budget forces some non-organic too.

I won't comment on your eating plan, but I will post what I ate yesterday. I ate slightly more than usual. Today I'm skipping "snack 3" and I unfortunately missed much of breakfast (Only 1+1/2 a banana and three figs + 1/2 waffle with syrup and margerine that my kids didn't finish).

breakfast: 2 double serving size bowls of raisin bran cereal with lots of soymilk + four slices of toasted whole grain bread with vegan margerine + 1 large banana with peanut butter

snack 1: vegan boca no-chicken burger patty on two slices of toast with veganaise and tomato slices

lunch: two large plates of pasta with nutritional yeast + tomato sauce

snack 2: 1/4 lb of carrot sticks + apple and peanut butter

pre-dinner snack 3: five handfulls of almonds

dinner: pasta with avocado and garbanzo beans + 10 vegan mini chocolate chip cookies

I had at least 3 cups of h20 with every meal, and I know I finished three bottle fulls of h2o during the day + a large bottlefull of home made energy drink made from E-mergency + soymilk + h2o + OJ.
    context is everything

Quote ambs View Post
    i'm thinking of going orangic.. is anyone else organic?
    it may be more expensive but i've noticed that the food is much better tasting.
    We get a boxful of organic fruit and veg delivered each week, and that doesn't seem to work out too expensive (it's certainly cheaper than buying equivalent organic stuff in a supermarket). I've read that similar schemes exist in some parts of Australia - I don't know if there are any where you are?

rodolfox, its so nice to find someone that eats close to what i eat.
    "i'm rejecting my reflection, cause i hate the way it judges me."

ambs

haha way to spell organic haha "orangic"

yeah i have organic supermarket up the road from me, and i got fruit there once, and oh my goodness, i've never had a better tasting apple in my life.

anyway, i get organic soy milk and sometimes tofu already, but my mum buys the veggies and fruit when she goes shopping, but most of the time they are gross and bad quality.
    so i might just take it slow, and just buy organic foods sometimes and see how it affects my wallet.. but we'll see.

being vegan is amazing, people think we don't have much variety, but seriously, there is such a wide range of beautiful vegan food around that people have no idea about,
    and if anything my variety has expended even more.

Quote ambs View Post
    if anything my variety has expended even more.
    A lot of people say that - and I agree.

The variety in my diet has DEFINITELY expanded. Not only that, now I can cook!

If i wake up in time for breakfast what i usually have it oat meal with flaxseeds and brown sugar with either tea or orange juice and fruit
    or pancakes with soymilk/rice mikl or juice and fruit

for lunch ill eat probally pasta or a tofurkey sandwhich.

dinner who knows dependes where i am and if its me or someone eles cooking

but i am constantly eating i dont really have set meals i just eat all the time haa

I won't even pretend I eat healthy... I'm a 16 year old teenager going through that sugar-over-food phase.

Breakfast for me is usually two cups of coffee with a tablespoon or two of soy creamer and a bit of sugar. Sometimes i'll cut out a cup of coffee and have some cereal or something.

Lunch for me is usually a sandwich or a wrap.

Dinner is either soup, Salad, Tofu/tempeh/seitan with veggies and some form of grain.

For snack i'll usually have another two cups of coffee at night and i'll have a couple pieces of gum. or i'll cut out a cup of coffee and the gum and have a twisted-style lolliepop.

I should also mention i'm dieting so i'm aware I don't eat a ton. When I try to maintain I add a couple snacks consisting of dried or fresh fruit or soy yogert with granola and a cup or two of flavoured soy milk or fruit juice.

I'm also fairly active. I walk about 6 miles 3 days a week and I do strechs/weights at the gym. I'm also a dancer.
    Until we stop harming all other living beings, We are still savages.

My normal eating plan involves identifying the food, circling it, examining it, sniffing it, poking at it with my finger, looking around to see if anyone else is looking at my food, snarling at them if they are, licking my chops to get them moistened, stretching (it's important to stretch!), and then I attack.

It usually does the trick.

whats you're normal eating plan?
    It's a slightly extended version of the classical 'Eat when you're hungry, drink when you're thirsty'.

I eat an abundance of fruit (but only fruit by itself) until midday everyday.
    Lunch is usually a sandwich or soup, but could be anything. Likewise for dinner.

I don't mix proteins and carbs together - works wonders for digestion and absorbtion.
    At least half of lunch or dinner consists of raw food.
    Don't drink caffeine - just water (filtered)
    And don't eat anything processed. We bake our own wholemeal bread and grow as much veges as possible at home...

Here's an average day for me:

B: Small bowl of cooked oats w/soymilk and fruit
    L: Banana or apple, wholemeal pita bread wrap with salad and tomato paste, maybe a vegan snack bar. That's if I'm at school. If I'm at home I usually eat pasta or rice.
    D: vegetable soup or some sort of pasta or cous cous.

I only drink water, but I have a sweet tooth so there's the occassional soy icecream, chocolate, etc.

I don't know if that's considered to be a lot but I always feel like I'm gaining weight... I'm also bigger than most of my friends even though they're constantly eating more unhealthy than me. I don't get it????

Hey clueless, I don't think that sounds too much at all. In fact its less than I eat and sounds healthy and balanced.

People's weight is not only dependant on what they eat, there are lots of other factors. I know loads of people who can eat whatever they want and not put on any weight ... I'm not jealous at all

Keep on as you are, your diet is probably a lot healthier than your friends'!

P.S. Is that your cat? He/she is gorgeous!!!

Quote Linxie View Post
    Hey clueless, I don't think that sounds too much at all. In fact its less than I eat and sounds healthy and balanced.

People's weight is not only dependant on what they eat, there are lots of other factors. I know loads of people who can eat whatever they want and not put on any weight ... I'm not jealous at all

Keep on as you are, your diet is probably a lot healthier than your friends'!

P.S. Is that your cat? He/she is gorgeous!!!
    Thanks Linxie! That's really sweet of you

Yes, that's my cat. Her name's Ginger. She's very gorgeous!

Quote matt35mm View Post
    My normal eating plan involves identifying the food, circling it, examining it, sniffing it, poking at it with my finger, looking around to see if anyone else is looking at my food, snarling at them if they are, licking my chops to get them moistened, stretching (it's important to stretch!), and then I attack.

It usually does the trick.
    this made me laugh

I try to eat healthily, here's an example of what a typical day might be:

Breakfast: either a homemade smoothie or cereal with fruit and soy milk

(I take a multi vitamin in the morning as well)

lunch: either leftovers or a few portions of fruit or maybe a sandwich on wholemeal bread.

dinner: a grain such as rice, quinoa, pasta, with veggies and at the moment I'm trying to go for some protein at each meal - last nite was split red lentil dahl (this is a staple of mine - mainly cos of the iron, but also it tastes yum) with broccoli and mushroom curry served with basmati rice

I try to stay hydrated throughout the day. I love coffee but I don't have too much, its a 'treat' - I have the occasional bit of chocolate or biscuit, depending on my mood and what's in the house
    "On the dance-floor I am a world class freak... Its the beat"

Quote Korn View Post
    It's a slightly extended version of the classical 'Eat when you're hungry, drink when you're thirsty'.
    Crazy fundamentalist!
    x
    ..but what would they do with all the cows?..

Quote Korn View Post

That's pretty much my way now. I tend to not plan ahead much (I really did use to, when I was more obsessive about my weight (I wrestled in high school, so making weight was an especially big thing), but have been less so). I do tend to make sure that I actually am hungry, not bored, and keep myself hydrated.

Hehe, and another reason I like that classical plan, is it reminds me of a lyric from an Irish folk song:

I'm a rambler, I'm a gambler, I'm a long way from home
    And if you don't like me you can leave me alone
    I'll eat when I'm hungry and I'll drink when I'm dry
    And if moonshine don't kill me, I'll live till I die
    Czujesz się wolny i robisz co chcesz. Jesteś piratem!

I normally eat a medium bowl of cereal in the morning (around 7 am) with lots of soya milk, sometimes I will have some dried fruit and nuts with it, also I have lots of cups of tea with soya milk.
    Sometimes I get hungry mid morning, today I had a 9 bar around 11 am. That's got lots of seeds in it.
    Then around 12.30 I will have lunch, recently I have been having a toasted cheezely sandwich with tomato chutney.
    Around 5.30 or 6 pm I will have a large meal, curry with rice, chilli with rice, stir fry with rice, for example. Maybe including some baked beans or tofu.
    Around 9.30 pm I might have a snack like a fruit or a soya yoghurt.

Other snacks could be eaten during the day such as more fruit and nuts.
    Depending if I feel a bit hungry.
    If I feel hungry I eat!
    I've got a healthy BMI.
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

JT

Default Diet Plan

I need some help figuring out how to plan my meals buying and preparing etc... I tried a veg/vegan diet in college while i was working out alot and I couldn't stick with it because I felt sooooo hungry even after i stuffed my face with salad etc.

I am doing better this time. But i could really use a weekly example of a meal plan, which covers the basic nurtitional needs to start from. I am 26 M 195 lb 6'0. I am not very active right now- but probably starting a new sport soon. Currently i eat oatmeal and toast in morning. I usually have a big salad for lunch. and maybe bean soup/ corn bread/rice for dinner.

Does anyone have an example of a weekly diet that they follow that i can build upon???

Thanks alot!

Default Re: Diet Plan

Hi JT,

some vegans may follow diet plans while others don't, and I'm sure you'll get some answers in this thread.

Meanwhile, you could always try our search engine, search in titles only and enter the word plan. Good luck...

You could also try Googling "vegan meal plan" if you haven't already - a few things come up e.g.

http://www.veganhealth.org/articles/meals

Why don't you try varying things so you don't get bored? There is so much food out there to choose from. You could try:

Breakfasts:
    - Oatmeal with various toppings (soymilk, banana, dates, cinnamon, walnuts, berries, applesauce etc...)
    - Toast with various toppings (margarine, jam, peanut butter, avocado, baked beans, grilled tomato, sauteed mushrooms, etc...)
    - Smoothies based on soy milk or fruit juice with banana/berries or whatever fruit you like
    - A lot of cereals are vegan, so you could find which one you like and just have it with soy milk/rice milk/almond milk...
    - Leftover cheeseless pizza
    - Vegan pancakes (sorry I don't actually have a recipe but I am sure someone will )

Lunches:
    - Sandwiches filled with avocado & salad or hummus or peanut butter...
    - Pita filled with falafel, tahina, tabbouli & salad
    - Pumpkin soup or Lentil soup with bread
    - Veggie Burger on a bun with lettuce, tomato & ketchup
    - Leftovers from dinner
    - Vegan sushi rolls and miso soup

Dinners:
    - Soup with bread (pumpkin, lentil, minestrone, split pea, butterbean, potato & leek, Thai Sweet Potato & coconut...)
    - Baked potato topped with anything you want (beans, veggies, guacamole, hummus...)
    - Veggie stirfry with brown rice
    - Nachos or Tacos or Burritos with refried beans, guacamole, lettuce, tomato & corn
    - Veggie Burger on a bun with lettuce, tomato & ketchup & fries
    - Cheeseless vegetarian pizza with whatever topping you like (I love potato & rosemary pizza, but you can have eggplant, zucchini, olives, capsicum/pepper, mushrooms and you could have a tomato base or a hummus base :smile
    - Veggie Fried rice
    - Curry & rice with papadums and salad (chickpea curry, eggplant curry, potato curry or dhal)
    - Spaghetti with lentil bolognaise or napoli sauce....

Nothsa

Hi mate...

Here's one I found:
    http://www.vegcooking.com/veganMenus-1.asp

Although it doesn't look very filling!

I'm really liking making pasta sauces at the moment.... a few tins of tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, garlic, kidney beans (and anything else you want to throw in really).... mix it up with some pasta - very filling.

Basically, what i'm doing (may not be the best?!) is remaking meaty dishes, just changing a few things... like spaghetti bolognese, same as above really, just with spaghetti....
    or burger and chips (or fries or whater you wanna call them) just with veggie burger.

"roast" dinner is good too, get all your veggies, replace meat with .. well, whatever you like, and make mashed potato with vegan butter and soy/rice milk - again, very filling.

A 190lbs, 6 foot, 26 year old man needs more than just salad for lunch .
    Peace, love, and happiness.

JT

Tiger Lily- Let me rephrase-- i have a BIG salad for lunch ie. iceberg w/ Artichokes, olives, beets, peppers, mandarin oranges, topped with, cranberries, sunflower seeds, etc. and a little more variety on other days. Nice lips

Nostha-- I went the route of tryiung replacement foods lasdty time.. tofu, soy everything. and Im not against it.. But there is soo much you have to learn to cook new stuff. Plus having a diet high in soy isn't really healthy either( at least in the U.S. where close to 80% of our soy is grown from genetically engineered crops, some of which have monsanto's custom pesticides, etc grown spliced intho thier DNA)

Stickydate- thanks for those meal ideas, there a re quite a few i will tyr from here- pumpkin soup??! sounds delicious.

Harpy- THat is just what i needed to see a meal strucute and calories etc of a several day range-thanks

Thanks so much for all the asssistance everyone. BTW I have been on a solid vegan diet for a few days now again- trying for a lil less than two weeks.. and despite on going sinus isue which led me to have a sinus surgery 1 year ago, which have now been reccurring, today i went the whole day with no nasal sprays, no pills, and no problem- just a vegan diet with barley supplement and b-12. I have to say the feeling is BEYOND AWESOME!

Thanks Again
    Last edited by Korn; Sep 7th, 2008 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Tigerlily View Post
    A 190lbs, 6 foot, 26 year old man needs more than just salad for lunch .
    Agree. I think also adding more fat to you diet would be beneficial. Nuts (as snacks or as butters) and avocado (in salads and on sandwiches) are great.

Maybe more protein too would be good - more tofu and veggie meats (burgers, sausages, bolognese sauce etc.).

Good luck!
    "Animals are my friends... and I don't eat my friends". ~ George Bernhard Shaw.

Make sure your carbohydrates are the complex kind - oatmeal is good, likewise anything brown! For example, the best rice is something like brown basmati. White rice just leaves you hungry soon after your meal, and isn't as nutritious. Same with other white processed products. Think in terms of low GI which should mean you don't feel so hungry.

JT

thanks for the help this advice has helped a lot.

Default I need some sort of a meal plan

When it comes to eating the right food regularly I am reeeeaaaally slack. So I figured I need a simple eating plan that works for me that I strictly stick with EVERY day as opposed to 2 or 3 days a week. What are your thoughts on something like this:

Breakfast: bowl of oats with soy/rice milk, a banana
    Lunch/snacks: fruit and nuts
    Dinner: salad, soup, potatoes, rice, beans etc

At the moment I'm having (when I'm not being lazy) four pieces of toast with marmite for breakfast, throughout the day I have a few bananas, apples, oranges, lots of nuts. Dinner is usually a big meal of noodles/rice with tofu and veges ( I put HEAPS of silverbeet or spinach in), or potatoes and salad or takeaway Indian. This seems to work for me when it actually happens and it's easy but I wouldn't mind any advice on how it could be improved.

and when is the best time of day to eat meals high in carbs? I often have huge bowls of pasta or potatoes for dinner, is that the best thing to do? I am pretty skinny already and not keen to lose any more weight

ta!

Default Re: I need some sort of a meal plan

It's tough to post a "template" menu, especially as you don't give an indication of what a typical day's menu is for you, also due to the fact that you should eat a good variety of foods to get all the nutrients you need.

I think the best time of day to eat carbs is at lunch, and include some veggies with that. Fruit and nuts are good for snacks but I think for lunch you need something more substantial, especially as you say you don't want to lose any more weight.

The "What Did You Eat Today" thread will give you lots of ideas

Quote kettles View Post
    When it comes to eating the right food regularly I am reeeeaaaally slack. So I figured I need a simple eating plan that works for me that I strictly stick with EVERY day as opposed to 2 or 3 days a week. What are your thoughts on something like this:

Breakfast: bowl of oats with soy/rice milk, a banana
    Lunch/snacks: fruit and nuts
    Dinner: salad, soup, potatoes, rice, beans etc

At the moment I'm having (when I'm not being lazy) four pieces of toast with marmite for breakfast, throughout the day I have a few bananas, apples, oranges, lots of nuts. Dinner is usually a big meal of noodles/rice with tofu and veges ( I put HEAPS of silverbeet or spinach in), or potatoes and salad or takeaway Indian. This seems to work for me when it actually happens and it's easy but I wouldn't mind any advice on how it could be improved.

and when is the best time of day to eat meals high in carbs? I often have huge bowls of pasta or potatoes for dinner, is that the best thing to do? I am pretty skinny already and not keen to lose any more weight

ta!
    I am not a registered nutritionist or anything, but if you gave statistics on things like height, weight, age, gender, bodyfat percentage, and level of activity, it would be easier to recommend a general idea of what foods you should be eating and in what amounts at what time of day. Also, as a general rule, I would recommend that you don't stick to the same meal plan every day, as all that will do is make you crazy real fast. People need variety in their diets, I've found. Otherwise they start to go just a little insane (I speak from personal experience, of course.)

Also, definitely check out that thread fiamma recommended on "What I ate today." It's already given me all sorts of awesome ideas for meals.
    "I have spread my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

Male
    22 y.o
    168cm
    about 58kg
    body fat = very little

I know I need variation in my diet, but I also need something to begin with that at least covers all the basics. And also to fall back on when I can't decide what I need/want to eat.

The metric system confuses my weak, American brain.

On an unrelated note, have you considered meeting with a nutritionist? I didn't even realize it until a few months ago, but most health insurance providers cover this service.
    "I have spread my dreams beneath your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."

Kettles I have a three week eating plan that I give to all my newly vegan and veggie friends to help them along the way.

If you would like it, let me know!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

sure! you want my email or something?

If you send it to me in a PM I'll send you the meal plans. Not a problem!
    The taste of anything in my mouth for 5 seconds does not equate to the beauty and complexity of life.

I'm trying out a new eating plan, this is my general guideline

B: Green smoothie
    L: lots of fruit
    D: brown rice or quinoa and steamed veggies
    snacks of fruit and maybe one larabar

Hoping all the fruits and veggies will make me feel better and help me lose weight.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

Plan? What plan?!

Aside from trying to eat at about 7:00, 12:00, and 5:00 (would like to only eat/drink when hungry/thirsty, but if trying that way I'd probably forget and have missed a lot of food and water that way before, and that can't be healthy).

But I found this advice (I think in the context originally intended for pregnant vegan women, but it's generally good advice anyway), but it turned out that in my food choices I had already been doing those things:

"1. Make wholegrain cereals and potatoes the basis of every meal.
    Fortified breakfast cereals are useful for boosting nutrients.
    Wholegrain cereals provide iron for energy and zinc for strong
    immunity.

2. Have a "meat alternative" at every meal. Tofu, beans, lentils,
    chickpeas, nuts, seeds and peanut butter all give you protein instead
    of meat, fish, poultry and eggs.

3. Eat dairy alternatives at least twice a day. These include
    fortified soya milk, soya yoghurts and soya cheese, plus calcium-rich
    foods such as dried apricots, green leafy vegetables (except spinach),
    nuts and sesame seeds.

4. Fruit and vegetables. Have at least five a day, with lots of
    variety. Eat those rich in vitamin C, such as citrus fruits and
    peppers, at main meals to help the absorption of iron. Have vitamin
    D-fortified spreads, soya milk and cereals daily, and try to get into
    the sunlight, especially between March and September.

5. Have iodised salt or small amounts of seaweed each day.

6. Eat three or four brazil nuts a day for selenium, or make sure that
    your vegan supplement supplies it."

Rocket Queen

Lately my eating plan is a bit buggered.
    I have just had two life changes in that I have given up cider/cut down on alcohol a lot.
    And started working fulltime,from being unemployed.

I tend to-
    Morning-Coffee x two with sugar and dairy free creamer
    Lunchtime-more coffees, occasionally I may have a bag of chips/crisps or a small cup of soup, mostly just a hot drink though.
    Then when I get a break at work I will have another hot drink and , if I didn't eat anything at lunch I may be hungry enough to want a bag of crisps or an apple.
    When I get home I am in the habit of having popadums (as many as I want sometimes up to ten or something) with my home made salsa. If I am going out and know I can't eat again if I want to, I may have some mashed potato or some soup aswell or something small like that, but usually just popadums and salsa.
    If I am not up mega early (I work shifts) I then may have some wine.
    But my eating habits are so habitual and I know I probably am not getting a good mix of nutrients from it.
    Weekends are different though, today I woke up ,had coffee..hour or so later had soup and bread, then later on had a sandwich on tortilla bread with 'cream' cheese and spinach, and some curry pasty I had made, and some salsa and bread and some sweets. I am much less regimented and habitual at weekends.
    The greatest mistake is to do nothing because you can only do a little.

Morning: fruit

Lunch: pasta or rice and greens ( salad, kale, spinach )

Dinner: beans ( in homemade chili or burritos ) or stir fried tofu and veggies, veggies veggies and more veggies!

Snack: homemade whole wheat bread, spread with raw peanut butter or pureed pumpkin sprinkled with cinnamon...almond milk.

RubyDuby

breakfast: sandwich or leftovers from dinner. tea or teeccino.

lunch: salad with beans or some other protein rich topping.

dinner: usually a grain, veg, protein 1 pot dish... such as quinoa with spinach and black beans, or brown rice with mixed veg and tofu, lentil soup with barley, broccoli and spinach... you get the idea
    Last edited by RubyDuby; Jan 25th, 2010 at 01:54 PM.
    Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty.

Quote scarlett View Post
    eeek, you don't seem to eat alot at all ambs ! I do hope I'm not being bang out of order but I have to say I find it quite worrying that you use the word 'small' quite alot, and that because you've had grapes today you're going to skip your meal. Toast, grapes and coffee are not going to give you the nutrients you need

have you seen the calories in grapes?!??! lol (loads). there could be around 300 or so cals in a bag of grapes. I agree on the nutrients comment tho.

Rocket Queen

Lol I am glad I don't like grapes having read that!
    Today was weird for me eating wise.
    I was up really early, and at 10 am or something had my usual night meal of popadums and salsa.
    Then at about 4 o clock had a mug of soup.
    This evening have had more popadums and salsa, a cup of soup and some mashed potato. Ah and a couple of large glasses of wine
    The greatest mistake is to do nothing because you can only do a little.

300 calories is not a lot when you consider the average woman needs 2000 calories per day. Anyway if you eat a whole bag of grapes you could get diarrhoaea.
    See my local diary ... http://herbwormwood.blogspot.com/

Breakfast is always the same for me. I always have porridge made with soya milk. although I make it half with ready-brek and half with rolled oats. Then I flavour it with cocoa powder, sugar or agave nectar and sometimes vanilla or almond flavour.

Lunch is either soup and a salad or a bean salad. Both with ryevita spread with something or other.

Dinner is something like homemade chilli; veggie sausages, veg and some kinda carb like mash or kasha / spanish oats ect.

I snack loads xD I always nibble on dark chocolate, biscuits ect. And I vacuum up anything left if my mum cooks too many vegetables or baked beans for the omni meals she cooks.

Lately I've been having a green smoothie for breakfast, a wrap with hummus, avocado, sprouts, cucumber and carrots for lunch, a lara bar before climbing, and a protien smoothie after. I snack on fruit.
    "To reduce suffering means to reduce the amount of ignorance, the basic affliction with us." -Thich Nhat Hanh

For my breakfast I normally have cereal (weetabix, muesli or grape nuts being favourites) with rice or oat milk and agave nectar or toast with marmalade and a couple of cups of strong, black coffee.

Lunch is sandwiches or salad at work or something on toast at home.

Dinner is my main meal and I normally cook a big pot of soup, stew, chili or curry or something similar and make it do two or three meals. I eat loads of fresh veggies, beans, pasta and other good things.

I snack pretty much constantly on fruit, oat cakes with nut butters, dried fruit, nuts (salted peanut, monkey nuts or pistachios) or crisps (salt and shake mostly).

After my evening meal I'll often have some chocolate, after dinner mints, ice cream or other sweet goodness.
    Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion". The "X" makes it sound cool.

breakfast is normally cereal with fruit and flax seeds, or toast
    lunch is a bento box full of goodies including carrots or cherry toms, cashews or sultanas.
    dinner is my big meal, which could be pasta, jacket potato, or whatever I feel like cooking (usually from La Dolce Vegan, or Veganomicon).
    I try not to snack, but occasionally a spoon sneaks into the peanut butter pot....