Thread: Vegan Food In LHR Airport?

Default Vegan Food In LHR Airport?

My wife and I will be in LHR for a few hours on a trip to the World Cup in June. We're both vegan and I can't find where the best places are to eat in the airport for us? Any help would be much appreciated!

Default Re: Vegan Food In LHR Airport?

I haven't been there for quite a while, but check these links:

http://www.heathrow-airport-guide.co...staurants.html
    http://www.flyertalk.com/articles/ai...staurants.html

Maybe vegan sushi or miso soup at Yo! Sushi or Utsi, veg options at Eat, noodles at Wagamama, something special/different at Rhubarb or Giraffe - or pasta at Ponti's? There are also salad and sandwich/bagel places.
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Thank you very much. That's helpful!

Do you know which terminal(s) you'll be at, librahi?

Wagamama is a good option if you like noodley things - they don't mark the vegan dishes but if you ask the waiting staff they will tell you about them and they have several (I haven't been to one at Heathrow but the branches I've been to have all been pretty good).

I see several of the terminals have JD Wetherspoon's pubs now, and as you'll see from the Wetherspoon's thread here they usually have some vegan food in those. Also if it turns out you're in a hurry, I find WH Smith and Starbucks and WH Smith are currently the most likely of the chains to have hummus sandwiches.

I've been to the Wagamama in T5 Departures (airside), and it was fine (other than my ineptitude with a pair of chopsticks... ).

I had some lovely food (can't remember what it was, but I remember liking it!) at Eat in T5.

Many thanks! I don't know what terminal. I'll be arriving from Denver, CO and departing to Johannesburg.

Sounds like an exciting trip. You might be able to work out which terminals from this table - it depends on the airline as well as the destination http://www.heathrowairport.com/porta...ich+terminal?/

The airport is quite big and can be confusing so it could be good to plan your route across it (if you have to switch terminals) in advance - that way you'll have more time to eat

when i'm in terminal 1 i usually just go to boots for one of those vegan 'fresh!' sarnies/salads and a fruit salad (+a bottle of water for the plane, which makes it a meal deal for 3 quid or whatever) and then head to costa for a soy latte. may not be a proper meal but it's more than fine for waiting time before i get on the plane and get my nice vegan plane meal