Thread: Plants that increase absorption of B12

Default Plants that increase absorption of B12

Many of you know that healthy levels of calcium, vitamin D and iron have a beneficial effect on B12 absorption.

But there are som other sources as well, which sometimes are mentioned positively in conjunction with B12 absorption. I've seen black pepper mentiod as beneficial for B12 absorption, and here's another one:

http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/health...rry/index.html
    ABSORPTION OF VITAMIN B12
    Clincial studies indicate that by drinking Cranberry juice with vitamin B12-containing foods, the absorption of this vitamin may be enhanced. This may be of particular benefit to vegetarians and those taking medication to reduce stomach acidity.
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.

Default Re: Plants that increase absorption of B12

Here's another article, from today, mentioning how black pepper may help the body maximize it's ability to absorb B12 (and magnesium, selenium and beta-carotene).
    Having healthy levels of vitamin D, calcium and iron - plus the other B vitamins - is also beneficial from a B12 point of view. And, as mentioned in another thread, vitamin E protects vitamin B-12.

Too much gluten - and too much garlic (!) - could also be a problem.
    I will not eat anything that walks, swims, flies, runs, skips, hops or crawls.